Andrew McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit ceo. Shit coach. Thats old news.
Thompson and bateman wont make much difference to this side. The balance is still wrong and i know the ceo and coach still dont understand what that even means.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow it’s now on fox and nrl. Seriously what the actual fuck. Deadset we are a fucking disgrace. Not even the board cheer squad can defend this garbage. Paying clubs to take our better players for years to go and recruit a bloke who can’t get a run at the broncos to a multi year deal cause he’s a nice white fella... deadset.

Word is he just listened to Katoa and decided to call the club as knights said you won’t get a run in 2021 when their other hooker is back.

Deadset fucking useless

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Johns, toovey, adrian lam, there are heaps of them so stop talking dribble, where have u been ?
Well done mate I think you just nailed the Tuesday trifecta. I’ll shout you a rumbo

Toovey from 286 first grade games played 0 at hooker.

Lam from 265 first grade games (NRL and ESL) played 0 at hooker.

Johns from 249 first grade games played 0 at hooker.

Again I’ll present the question. Name me all the players who in their early-mid 20’s successfully transitioned from halfback to a career at hooker.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow it’s now on fox and nrl. Seriously what the actual fuck. Deadset we are a fucking disgrace. Not even the board cheer squad can defend this garbage. Paying clubs to take our better players for years to go and recruit a bloke who can’t get a run at the broncos to a multi year deal cause he’s a nice white fella... deadset.

Word is he just listened to Katoa and decided to call the club as knights said you won’t get a run in 2021 when their other hooker is back.

Deadset fucking useless
Correct, paying other clubs to take our overpaid has beens putting ourselves in a hole for 5 years all to end up signing more hasbeens not looking good. 2021 approaching fast. And not a lot happening

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very skeptical of the news source. Also - Fox News are just reporting what Chris Gary stated on channel 7, and did not corroborate the story, they just ran with it.

Wait for something more concrete to come out. It's not a bad signing if its just for 1 year. Absolutely stupid if its the rumored 4 years though.

But if the club came out and said we signed Thompson, Bateman, JaC and McCullough for next year.. I could live with it. He's not a terrible player, like y'all are making it out. He looks like he has just gone stale at the Broncos, and needed a sea change. Very keen to see how he goes this weekend now.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done mate I think you just nailed the Tuesday trifecta. I’ll shout you a rumbo

Toovey from 286 first grade games played 0 at hooker.

Lam from 265 first grade games (NRL and ESL) played 0 at hooker.

Johns from 249 first grade games played 0 at hooker.

Again I’ll present the question. Name me all the players who in their early-mid 20’s successfully transitioned from halfback to a career at hooker.
There have been quite a few. Craig Wing and Michael Monaghan come to mind. Halves for most of their career and played hooker for several seasons and were better as dummy halves.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Deadset fucking useless
They are simply rehasing what 7 news said and if you read the article they even statrd 7 news said it. Its not even on the Nrl site like you said it was.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went from trying to sign Latrell, Koroisau, JAC and The Turbo brothers to trying to get Reynolds and now McCullough, who I'm sorry to say are way passed their best and can't even get a starting spot at their current clubs but let's try to bring them to the Bulldogs and use them as dead wood!!!
Seriously what are Pays and the boards plan for their loyal supporters sign older players and hope for the best? What are they building towards 1980? Do they have any ambition to finish higher than 10-12 and avoid the spoon? Do they have any intention of scoring more than 6 points a game, do they have any respect for their loyal supporters who have stuck through them through all the bad times these last few years? ...

WE NEED GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS, WE NEED TO LOOK FOR THE FUTURE .... why not sign 1 or 2 gun players and build around them???? It's not rocket science is it?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went from trying to sign Latrell, Koroisau, JAC and The Turbo brothers to trying to get Reynolds and now McCullough, who I'm sorry to say are way passed their best and can't even get a starting spot at their current clubs but let's try to bring them to the Bulldogs and use them as dead wood!!!
Seriously what are Pays and the boards plan for their loyal supporters sign older players and hope for the best? What are they building towards 1980? Do they have any ambition to finish higher than 10-12 and avoid the spoon? Do they have any intention of scoring more than 6 points a game, do they have any respect for their loyal supporters who have stuck through them through all the bad times these last few years? ...

WE NEED GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS, WE NEED TO LOOK FOR THE FUTURE .... why not sign 1 or 2 gun players and build around them???? It's not rocket science is it?
Been saying this, talk of latrell, ramien, ese’ese, Fifita, trbojovic’s and ended up with Stimson, britt and Katoa this year, hardly a ringing endorsement for our recruitment

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Mate I couldn't have said this better, this club is going backwards, seems like Pay is not cut out for being a coach and now he has proven he cannot build a team from scratch, me thinks its also time to look for a new coach who can build us and sign decent players and once again bring our club to become a heavy weight and not just another team making up the numbers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see this happening, but the 4 years is more than questionable. We haven't signed anyone for more than 2 years let alone a bloke that will be 32 by the time he debuts for us.

Chase Jake Friend for 2 seasons.
Yeah I don't know where the four years came from. I don't want them to sign McCullough either but surely it couldn't be more than two years.

But even IF it is true, then it would zero sense to let him join Newcastle this and then sign him for two years from 2021 when he'll be 31.

None of it adds up so hopefully it isn't true.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
“Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill says the Bulldogs have no intention of signing former Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough on a multi-year deal from 2021.”

Source: DT
Where's the link?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill says the Bulldogs have no intention of signing former Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough on a multi-year deal from 2021.”

Can someone post the article

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

There you go.. I already admitted shortly after that I overreacted intially.. It never made sense which is why I was hopeful it wouldn't happen. Thankfully it was just more media BS.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs boss addresses Andrew McCullough link, Josh Reynolds return

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, the former State of Origin hooker has been linked to Canterbury — as has a Belmore favourite.
signing former Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough on a multi-year deal from 2021.

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, McCullough has been linked to the Bulldogs.

However, Hill told The Daily Telegraph that Canterbury won’t sign the ex-Brisbane No.9.

“No disrespect to Andrew, but his name has not been mentioned and we’ve had no discussions around signing him at the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

“The reports are incorrect. It was news to us.”

Hill also confirmed that Josh Reynolds’ potential return to Canterbury this season was dead in the water.

The Tigers and the Bulldogs have been butting heads over a payment figure for Reynolds, who has been linked to a Belmore homecoming for months now after the Bulldogs made inquiries about his tenure at Concord.

Reynolds is earning approximately $750,000 a season for the next two years, which is significant money for a player who has been restricted to just 14 games in the past three seasons at the Tigers due to injury.

It’s why Wests officials were willing to release the five-eighth if he found a club willing to fork out the money, but Canterbury are unwilling to do so.

“There has been no discussion in the last couple of weeks around Josh joining the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f79a1aa7ae34184a9b1f1ae4f0a49379

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs boss addresses Andrew McCullough link, Josh Reynolds return

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, the former State of Origin hooker has been linked to Canterbury — as has a Belmore favourite.
signing former Brisbane hooker Andrew McCullough on a multi-year deal from 2021.

Only days after leaving the Broncos to link with Newcastle on a one-year contract, McCullough has been linked to the Bulldogs.

However, Hill told The Daily Telegraph that Canterbury won’t sign the ex-Brisbane No.9.

“No disrespect to Andrew, but his name has not been mentioned and we’ve had no discussions around signing him at the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

“The reports are incorrect. It was news to us.”

Hill also confirmed that Josh Reynolds’ potential return to Canterbury this season was dead in the water.

The Tigers and the Bulldogs have been butting heads over a payment figure for Reynolds, who has been linked to a Belmore homecoming for months now after the Bulldogs made inquiries about his tenure at Concord.

Reynolds is earning approximately $750,000 a season for the next two years, which is significant money for a player who has been restricted to just 14 games in the past three seasons at the Tigers due to injury.

It’s why Wests officials were willing to release the five-eighth if he found a club willing to fork out the money, but Canterbury are unwilling to do so.

“There has been no discussion in the last couple of weeks around Josh joining the Bulldogs,” Hill said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f79a1aa7ae34184a9b1f1ae4f0a49379
Close thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank god ,how on earth do these reporters get away with just making shit up

Status
Not open for further replies.