Andrew McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. For example it seems as though the Reynolds story wasn't a nothing story as it turns out there was seemingly some genuine interest there. In that case multiple different sources said it was a possibilty, and even the coach talked about it.

In this case though it's coming from one source and that's not known to be reliable as far as I have gathered. So I question why everyone's losing their shit? It just comes across that there's a whole bunch of people with axes to grind, and the slightest sniff of something that supports their view they jump up & and down shouting "I was right!"
So people would rather we signed mediocre players so they can be proven right? No one has an axe to grind. I'm sure anyone doubting the club would love to be proven wrong. Everyone would be thrilled if the club made a raft of exciting signings.

People want to be pleasantly surprised and the reason people are on edge or there is so much angst is because we've waited five years for cap space and want to make sure it's used the right way and not on desperation signings or players who are past their best.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair call mate. I never suggested discussions didn't happen re: Reynolds - it was more a case of on here it was a done deal and we were going to pay top dollar for him too - a furphy.
And yes, with the McCullough story there doesn't appear a lot of substance so far yet plenty of knickers in knots...even Channel 7 Sydney reported slightly differently to Channel 7 Gold Coast (the footage at the top of this thread).
Plenty of axes being ground no matter what the club does or doesn't do mate.
Get what you're saying mate.

Guess my point is that some talk is more concrete than others, so I'm more willing to take things seriously when I see clear(er) signs something's up. Initially I laughed off REynolds, but then there was more smoke so I took it more seriously. He didn't end up signing for us, and whether that's because we were never truly interested or we simply couldn't come to an agreement I guess we'll never know? But it does seem as though there was something there.

So far it's one article. People are jumping around like it's the end of the world. When more comes out about this signing coming to us I'll make a bigger judgment. I certainly don't think he's the right player for us, but I'm not going to go mental based on one article by an apparent no body

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So people would rather we signed mediocre players so they can be proven right? No one has an axe to grind. I'm sure anyone doubting the club would love to be proven wrong. Everyone would be thrilled if the club made a raft of exciting signings.

People want to be pleasantly surprised and the reason there is so much angst is because we've waited five years for cap space and want to make sure it's used the right way and not on desperation signings or players who are past their best.
All I've seen so far are people going ballistic over a signing that we haven't made, and only one report has said we're going to sign him. None of the usual dependable or reputable people mentioning it.

Why are people flying off the handle over this? Wait a day. Or two. Let's see if there's any basis at all in this story before we bury the club. If there is basis. If we do end up signing him. Feel free to go off the deep end. Be my guest. But why carry on now?

Of course people have an axe to grind. On both sides of the fence. If you can't see it or don't want to, then OK. But it's clear to anybody looking that it's the way it is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I've seen so far are people going ballistic over a signing that we haven't made, and only one report has said we're going to sign him. None of the usual dependable or reputable people mentioning it.

Why are people flying off the handle over this? Wait a day. Or two. Let's see if there's any basis at all in this story before we bury the club. If there is basis. If we do end up signing him. Feel free to go off the deep end. Be my guest. But why carry on now?

Of course people have an axe to grind. On both sides of the fence. If you can't see it or don't want to, then OK. But it's clear to anybody looking that it's the way it is.
I'm not saying people don't have strong opinions, I'm saying no one would want the club to make a poor signing just so they could be proven right which is what you're implying.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly i think im in the minority here, but i think sign him on a 2 year deal. We need leadership in the club at the moment. He could be a good influence on the playing group.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not saying people don't have strong opinions, I'm saying no one would want the club to make a poor signing just so they could be proven right which is what you're implying.
What I'm implying is that people wait for potentially negative news to jump and use as a tool to make their point. In this case it's the potential signing of a player, but it could be a sponsor, or change in management, or new tea lady. It's just how it is on here. If you don't want to call it for how it is, that's OK. I'm not taking you or anyone else on about this.

The fact that none on here have even batted an eyelid when a guy says that he hopes the club folds because of this rumour, but are happy to call our others for daring to try and bring some rational points to the table says it all for me.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we start a rumour that we are signing Brandon Smith or Connor Watson here? Let’s give it legs and see if the media can blow it up
Probably end up the same way hahaha.
He’s shit, their shit fkn fk

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn. Just seen this.

You're a weird one mate. Saw you wishing the club loses games the other day so that Pay & Lewis would be dropped. Now this.

What's even more amazing is that no one has said boo about it, but crapped on about others simply pointing out that maybe the story isn't even true. You're one bizarre fella I've got to say. And this place can be twisted as fuck sometimes.
We’re just used to it, so just move on mostly
Needs to have his little outbursts or he self combusts, we let it ride for the future of the forum.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of posters are going off their rockers about rumours so they can have a shot at the club or posters. We saw it with the Reynolds rumour and now this. This thread is a fucking laugh with the mental midgets having a cry over one report saying we have signed him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Damn. Just seen this.

You're a weird one mate. Saw you wishing the club loses games the other day so that Pay & Lewis would be dropped. Now this.

What's even more amazing is that no one has said boo about it, but crapped on about others simply pointing out that maybe the story isn't even true. You're one bizarre fella I've got to say. And this place can be twisted as fuck sometimes.
Anger management required.
He was pulled up on this and other comments in the thread but anyone who questions him he blocks and the rage continues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Damn. Just seen this.

Hope we lose 435445632 - 0 on Sunday, do you get it now?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of posters are going off their rockers about rumours so they can have a shot at the club or posters. We saw it with the Reynolds rumour and now this. This thread is a fucking laugh with the mental midgets having a cry over one report saying we have signed him.
It's crazy. Just can't wrap my head around it if I'm honest, but have been trying really hard to understand the outrage when there's really nothing out there to say he's coming to us.

He's just signed with the Knights after being released by the Broncs. Then a few days after releasing that information he's then going to sign on for the Bulldogs on a long-term basis. His own comments from yesterday for you guys:

McCullough said any decision on his future beyond 2020 is "out of sight, out of mind". "I've got this opportunity presented to me ... I'll worry about it later in the year, whatever happens," McCullough said.

But he's apparently signed with the Bulldogs for 2021 and beyond. And some of you lot think for 4 years. Even though the day this rumour about him signing with us long-term he's saying he won't even think about it till later in the year ....

Fark me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope we lose 435445632 - 0 on Sunday, do you get it now?
Oh dude. I've known you've had problems for some time, but tried to let the fact you're a Liverpool supporter cloud that over. But .... fucking hell. You're one puppy I'll never understand.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anger management required.
He was pulled up on this and other comments in the thread but anyone who questions him he blocks and the rage continues.
AH, that's why he's not replying to you. Got ya :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I'm implying is that people wait for potentially negative news to jump and use as a tool to make their point. In this case it's the potential signing of a player, but it could be a sponsor, or change in management, or new tea lady. It's just how it is on here. If you don't want to call it for how it is, that's OK. I'm not taking you or anyone else on about this.

The fact that none on here have even batted an eyelid when a guy says that he hopes the club folds because of this rumour, but are happy to call our others for daring to try and bring some rational points to the table says it all for me.
Believe me.. People would much rather positive news than negative news and to be linked to ascending stars and not over the hill players.

I agree that we're getting ahead of ourselves in getting worked up about McCullough at this stage. But put it into context.. They just chased Reynolds which is bad enough.. 5 years of cap dramas, making poor signings and missing the finals makes some people edgy, anxious and dubious about potentially wasting more cap space. Hopefully that is not the case.

Conversely, another faction on here would rather attack fellow fans and look for any excuse to do so than to have a discussion about or address recurring issues or concerns at the club.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprise surprise .... Couldn't have predicted you'd jump into the middle of a conversation like that. Thought you didn't like people doing that ;)
Your turn is coming Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.