John Bateman

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have absolutely no reservations about wanting Bateman at the club with the level of talent we have and level of talent we’ve been able to attract we are in no position to be picking and choosing which quality players we want at the club he’s the backrower of the year for a reason, essentially CHN on steroids we need something to jumpstart any ounce of life into our attack which has been horrible for 5 years now this might be it if we can land him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have absolutely no reservations about wanting Bateman at the club with the level of talent we have and level of talent we’ve been able to attract we are in no position to be picking and choosing which quality players we want at the club he’s the backrower of the year for a reason, essentially CHN on steroids we need something to jumpstart any ounce of life into our attack which has been horrible for 5 years now this might be it if we can land him
Na we should defenitely pick and choose who we sign, not every great signing for the club has to be an established big name. JAC for example should be no where near a top recruitment target for us. Bateman is an absolute no brainer for us though, 800k is pushing it but I'd rather overspend on him than buy another Stimson, Sue or whoever else that club thinks is "good value".

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be a top signing...

2021 Forward Pack

8 Napa
9 JMK (hopefully we can snag Friend or Watson)
10 Thompson
11 Jackson
12 Bateman
13 Renouf To'omaga

Id love to see the back of Tolman and Christian Welch at the dogs... not sure the likelihood of that happening but that would give us some quality depth. Then focus our attention to some punch in the outside backs.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na we should defenitely pick and choose who we sign, not every great signing for the club has to be an established big name. JAC for example should be no where near a top recruitment target for us. Bateman is an absolute no brainer for us though, 800k is pushing it but I'd rather overspend on him than buy another Stimson, Sue or whoever else that club thinks is "good value".
I agree not saying we should be throwing money at anyone who’s a big name but people saying they’d rather Fifita or Kikau is unrealistic if there’s a top player who is willing to play here then I’m all for them paying the necessary salary for them bateman is 100% what we need

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree not saying we should be throwing money at anyone who’s a big name but people saying they’d rather Fifita or Kikau is unrealistic if there’s a top player who is willing to play here then I’m all for them paying the necessary salary for them bateman is 100% what we need
Yh true. As I said Bateman is a no brainer, fits that "Bulldog DNA" style that the club has been waffling on about while bringing key skills and attributes the squad is currently lacking and badly needs.

We really do need get our spine sorted asap though....hooker is an absolute top priority imo and the club just has to make a move. We at least have some talent in the halves with Wakeham and Averillo... Averillo also potentially an option at FB.

Anyway the club needs to get its shit sorted and start making some decisions and actually committing to them.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bateman is a lightweight. When are we going to get some size into the squad

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He might not have size but bloke is a freak and with the rule changes and possible reduction of interchange down to 6 next year. He is exactly the type of player we need especially if he forms a partnership with Wakeham etc. He could break line so easy especially when defence gets tired.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The reduction to a 6 man interchange definitely plays into getting Bateman, the guy doesn't stop. Tackling or attacking.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be a top signing...

2021 Forward Pack

8 Napa
9 JMK (hopefully we can snag Friend or Watson)
10 Thompson
11 Jackson
12 Bateman
13 Renouf To'omaga

Id love to see the back of Tolman and Christian Welch at the dogs... not sure the likelihood of that happening but that would give us some quality depth. Then focus our attention to some punch in the outside backs.
JMK might be decent with those forwards making an impact for him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This saga is going to have a negative effect on the Raiders

They may as well send him our way this season

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RT to the backrow. RT to the backrow. RT to the backrow.

Ogden in, Ogden in, Ogden in.

Fcuk Bateman...… For now.

Dean Pay " Hahahaha Britt to the backrow mate, Chris Smith over Bateman"

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
RT to the backrow. RT to the backrow. RT to the backrow.

Ogden in, Ogden in, Ogden in.

Fcuk Bateman...… For now.

Dean Pay " Hahahaha Britt to the backrow mate, Chris Smith over Bateman"
I’m not sold on Odgen at all. He’s got so many rough edges to knock off his game. Hopefully he gets some game time so we know for sure.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sold on Odgen at all. He’s got so many rough edges to knock off his game. Hopefully he gets some game time so we know for sure.
I like him bends the line back in attack needs to be used in short stints with toomaga I think as impact player’s

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like him bends the line back in attack needs to be used in short stints with toomaga I think as impact player’s
Yeah I agree with that. He bends the line but it’s his defence that he needs lots of work. He gets found out in the ruck all the time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Interchange going to 6, I wouldn't be too worried mate.

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be stoked with this
8. Christian welch
9. Friend/ watson
10. Thompson
11. Bateman
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Jmk
15. Renouf
16. Napa
17. Elliot/sue

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id be stoked with this
8. Christian welch
9. Friend/ watson
10. Thompson
11. Bateman
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Jmk
15. Renouf
16. Napa
17. Elliot/sue
9. Friend/Watson

Lol bless your poor soul, you are obviously yet to hear the news.