Predictions

Malla

Reaction score
Any predictions for who will win the comp?

Taking a few things into account -
- 22 straight weeks of footy, no byes, no rep rounds etc.
- one ref that will speed the game up but also mean teams will essentially get away with a bit more in the ruck
- the new 6 again rule - will benefit smaller and fitter teams

Anyway, i think that a young and fit team will win it. I think Cam smith is going to look like the game has passed him when the comp returns - storm are no chance. Niether are Roosters, too big and reliant on giving away penalties to slow the game down. People talking up Manly too but i dont see it, they have a big forward pack that will struggle over the course of the 22 weeks.

My money is on Panthers and Raiders GF.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who will win the comp?

Whichever team the nrl want to win

Simple

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL will decide this unfortunately.!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

- one ref that will speed the game up but also mean teams will essentially get away with a bit more in the ruck

Anyway, i think that a young and fit team will win it. I think Cam smith is going to look like the game has passed him when the comp returns - storm are no chance. Niether are Roosters, too big and reliant on giving away penalties to slow the game down. People talking up Manly too but i dont see it, they have a big forward pack that will struggle over the course of the 22 weeks.

Bulldogs V Titans GF. Lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel Raiders. They're in the prime premiership window with their squad. If they dont win it in 2020, they never will.
It certainly is their best opportunity in a long time. I would actually like to see the win it (on basis of course that we won't).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I predict I will complain...a lot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Cameron Smith looked very good in the opening rounds. He was the difference in the Manly game.

I think it'll be one of the Roosters, Storm or Raiders and in that order. If Flanagan continues to struggle I'll be tipping the Storm in the back end.

I don't see Eels, Panthers or Broncos winning the premiership but I think they'll all go deep. I would of put the Knights in that bracket too before the Jayden Brailey injury.

Manly are a smoky if they can keep their big guns on the field during the finals.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on probability of a 3peat in the NRL I would rule out roosters.
Storm will be there or there abouts but still rely on Smith a lot.
Canberra could go one better. If I’m betting on a grand final quinella I’d go either
Canberra Vs Manly or
Canberra vs Brisbane

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Brisbane look good early. Parra roster is also very strong. Theyd be my pick to make gf atm.
Storm raiders manly and newcastle are smokeys also. Everyone else are making up the numbers. Roosters will finish bottom half of 8.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders to win

Oldcastle and Parra will make the quarter finals - Eels will make the Semis and lose to the Raiders.

Raiders vs Storm final, Smith fairy tale script ends in disaster just as Grubby Slater's did.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Manly to win the GF if they utilise Metcalf off the bench and have no injuries

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our fans are “embarrassing” for not throwing the Bulldogs name up in here.

Bloody realists

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst I agree that the Raiders are in the Premiership window it doesn't happen too often that the Grand Final is won by the team who lost it the previous year.
Bulldogs did it in 79-80 and 94-95
Panthers 90-91.
Storm 2008-09 although 09 was eventually taken off them. They also did it 2016-17.

Can't think of any others who have done it. Raiders lost in 87 won in 89 came close.