News Is Pay having a fluffy?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's had plenty of chances to test Cogger and Lewis and he still needs more time?

You're right he doesn't need to tell the media everything which makes it a even more bizarre comment to be making.
Lewis has had more than enough time, Cogger has not imo.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think skill, talent and depth will be bigger factors than fatigue but yeah
You are right - The limited n lack of skill talent n depth.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis has had more than enough time, Cogger has not imo.
Lewis has zero vision and Pay enables him. Gave him the ship to steer, last tackle options. 3rd off season and our attack is summed up with being back to last tackle option Lewis kick and hopes. So what does Pay do, benches him because he was hopeless, just like early last year. Wow, didnt see that coming. Ill be pissed if Lewis plays next week and and I dare say any respect I have for Pay will be gone. If he plays him and we re sign Pay, Ill be fucking devastated.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis has zero vision and Pay enables him. Gave him the ship to steer, last tackle options. 3rd off season and our attack is summed up with being back to last tackle option Lewis kick and hopes. So what does Pay do, benches him because he was hopeless, just like early last year. Wow, didnt see that coming. Ill be pissed if Lewis plays next week and and I dare say any respect I have for Pay will be gone. If he plays him and we re sign Pay, Ill be fucking devastated.
It's actually ridiculous, our attack is a disaster yet all we heard all off season was defence this or defence that. We then start the season with Lewis pretending his JT and racking up near 70 of the most useless touches I have ever seen a player make. Pay has absolutely nothing, how you can see Lewis play for years and spend all those days at training with him and think this decision was anywhere close to the right one is just peak incompetence.

Finally Wakeham looks to have been given the halves spot ahead of Lewis, hopefully Pay also let's let's him play the role he is actually suited to and Foran can last a few games so Lewis isn't rushed back.

The sooner Lewis is off the roster the better, his attitude is rubbish and the things he said in the media about Wakeham were disgraceful. **** thinks he's fucking Ronaldo.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's actually ridiculous, our attack is a disaster yet all we heard all off season was defence this or defence that. We then start the season with Lewis pretending his JT and racking up near 70 of the most useless touches I have ever seen a player make. Pay has absolutely nothing, how you can see Lewis play for years and spend all those days at training with him and think this decision was anywhere close to the right one is just peak incompetence.

Finally Wakeham looks to have been given the halves spot ahead of Lewis, hopefully Pay also let's let's him play the role he is actually suited to and Foran can last a few games so Lewis isn't rushed back.

The sooner Lewis is off the roster the better, his attitude is rubbish and the things he said in the media about Wakeham were disgraceful. c*** thinks he's fucking Ronaldo.
Im not that footy smart but even I can see the bleeding obvious. I dont want to get into a whole hating on Lewis thing, I just think there is nowhere in the team for him. Its like Tolman cops shit for 4th tackle settlers because he has zero impact, thats the coaches responsibility. People can justify it anyway they like but implementing game plan is the coaches responsibilty, not whos feeding Tolman balls ( wait.......... that didnt come right )

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Dean Pay will consider rotating his young halves through the NRL season to mitigate fatigue over 18 consecutive rounds leading into finals.

On Friday Pay, Cronulla's John Morris and St George Illawarra's Paul McGregor joined several fellow NRL coaches in backing a rotation policy to manage game time for players.

With no byes from round three next week until the grand final on October 25, player rotation would also allow clubs to manage the load on their biggest stars.

From the season decider, any representative players will then have 10 days until State of Origin game one in November, adding to the workload of the highest-profile rugby league stars.

Pay has four halves to manage and said, with no reserve-grade football on offer, a lack of game time for players who miss out on the best 17 each week also needs to be considered.

"There's 18 games and no byes at all so fatigue will play a factor, especially with young halves. It does wear them out playing week in and week out footy," he said.

The NRL is still looking into a replacement competition for reserve grade, although it is not considered a priority with first grade yet to get up and running.

With a broadcast deal yet to be finalised to fund the entire game, the cost of running a makeshift lower-grade competition remains a stumbling point.

For clubs, one of the biggest concerns surrounds an injury to an NRL player later in the season and having to promote a replacement who has not played for months.

"It's very rare that you get a 17-man squad that goes 18 back-to-back games," Morris said.

"If there was a niggle or someone was struggling, certainly I wouldn't hesitate to rotate them.

"At the same time, you want your best 13-17 out on the field as often as you can.

"You'd just have to monitor it and see how things go throughout the year, but you certainly want to give those guys on the fringe a chance to play."

McGregor said the Dragons are training above game-intensity at least once a week and swapping out interchange forwards would be no concern regardless of match time.

"Some stronger clubs can probably afford to do a lot more (rotation) than other clubs," he said.

"If there's not too much difference (in quality) between a player coming in and coming out, and the player that is in there is fatigued or his loads are high, then there is every reason to interchange those players and work on a roster system."
Mastercoach Pay.. Next he can chat to Chris Anderson about reintroducing his 1 marker strategy..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they do mate, but don't have the balls to do anything about it.
They would rather stick to the slow boat to china theory then make things happen.
They have the money $$ now in the salary cap, both for players and coaching staff, lets see if they make any bold decisions or muster up more excuses.
It's just bullshit talk IMO. If you're playing well, you stay in the team, otherwise you get dropped, not rotated. It's a bad message to say you'll get a go just cause it's your turn, instead of because you deserve it (or someone else doesn't) - leave rotations for the under 6's. That rotation bullshit fucked our national cricket team for a while - blokes were pissed off for being dropped when they were in good form and wanted to play. It's elite sport, you should have to fight for everything and get what you deserve, good or bad.
In everything in life...
You either have it or you don't !!!
Being a player a coach or any typical person doing a typical job.
Again I say, People in charge must by now know if the coach or a player is a first grade material... Or do they ???

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a break...
Waste more time on testing and forming combinations??
Holland and remis .....a combo on fire, then following year moves Holland to the other side.

Nick meaney, finally hitting his straps last year on his preferred side, moves him to the other side this year.

Remis Smith, the best winger at the club moves him to centre.

Lewis and foran, a combo that works and won many games together, appears we will dismantle this one as well.

Don't think we have time to fuck around we are 0 -2..
But hey lets use abandon some premiership points and treat them as trial games..

I mean what the phuck do they do at training.....
He won’t be running with a squad of 27 and as for rotating halves he has combinations to test and form, he’s not going to tell the media everything and be 100% forthcoming

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be devastated

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger, laughable
Oh no. a footy player having to play 18 whole games a week apart?! Oh, the humanity.
Best halves at the club atm is Foran and Cogger NO DOUBT. I have seen these two at training and they are the most natural. If pay is picking the best team it should be these two in the halves. But he won’t, it will be Wakeham and Foran which isn’t so bad because Wakeham is most likely our future. I just don’t see why Cogger shouldn’t be utilised.

Averillo has been training on the wing I have heard so it should be interesting to see what happens with this.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should get better ..give it time ...feels like a bloody long time I know
Without the extra demands of Origin what exactly are the players being rested from? Nobody is being asked to play 3 games in 10 days?
I question whether a player is cut out for first grade if they can’t handle training and playing one game a week
the life of a Dogs supporter = groundhog day!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what does pay do when waheham has an absolute shocker ?

The sooner Lewis is off the roster the better, his attitude is rubbish and the things he said in the media about Wakeham were disgraceful. c*** thinks he's fucking Ronaldo.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : like myself , pay is pissing himself with what he said ..... just to get a few people talking trash. Don’t forget I am a time traveller and I said big things was coming this year.
Back to jail with you exotic
images.jpeg

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about if he picks wakeham next week..
Who will do the General kicking? Dwz can't kick, foran has hammy issues, prefer not to kick, wakeham would be lucky to kick it 30 metres.....
We get dominated and rarely win the ruck or the advantage line....
Have we thought this through??
We need a huge kicking game to stay competitive.. we don't have one with wakeham and foran
Mastercoach Pay.. Next he can chat to Chris Anderson about reintroducing his 1 marker strategy..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He won’t be running with a squad of 27 and as for rotating halves he has combinations to test and form, he’s not going to tell the media everything and be 100% forthcoming
I think you are correct. We only have one first grade ready player in the halves, and that is Foran.
The other halves are a work in progress and only time and experience will tell who is ready.
I still believe that Averillo offers more than the others in the halves.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is our version of Tom Brady.
Big vision, big boot, big defence.
He needs some attacking players around him, how about we give him xerri and jac or cotric and judge him then..

Townsend passes to xerri ....try
Lewis passes to hoppa ....no try
Croft passes to staggs....try
Lewis passes to crighton...no try
What happens when you realise Lewis is incompetent and the worst halfback in the competition?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is our version of Tom Brady.
Big vision, big boot, big defence.
He needs some attacking players around him, how about we give him xerri and jac or cotric and judge him then..

Townsend passes to xerri ....try
Lewis passes to hoppa ....no try
Croft passes to staggs....try
Lewis passes to crighton...no try
Wow. Worst comparison.

The common factor in the "no try" scenarios is Lewis.

Hahahaha that didnt work out the way you planned it