John Bateman

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure its not Luke Bateman instead of John? Both play for the raiders. Luke actually days ago quit the Raiders.

Knowing our luck we are probably after Luke lol
This was the first question I asked when I was told lol was assured it was John

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club would have granted him the release straight after the first request....
Ikr seems like we get pushed around these days remember when we gave klemmer to Newcastle a struggling club and went from getting multiple players, to one player, to financial compensation to nothing wish they had a little more backbone and forced the issue

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably just wants more coin like everyone else.

What's the point of a contract?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably just wants more coin like everyone else.

What's the point of a contract?
I have heard the dragoons have made him a offer double what he is on.
Raiders signed him on the cheap, he also loves canberra , but i hear down here that he and his young family would love a seaside change.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard the dragoons have made him a offer double what he is on.
Raiders signed him on the cheap, he also loves canberra , but i hear down here that he and his young family would love a seaside change.
Surely we can shell out for a nice spot along the cooks river

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes managed by issac moses the king of managing players that break contracts
Same manager that got klemmer out of here. How the nrl hasn’t put a stop to this contract bullshit is beyond me. I see it as one of the worst things wrong with the game at the moment

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if Bateman was available, the club would probably decide to pass and instead focus their efforts on trying to lure Jarrad Hickey back to the club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He isn’t work 800k but we should make a decent offer not too far from that
IMO he's worth somewhere between 600-700k. 800k would be a very good price for us to get Bateman considering everything tho. Frizell's rumoured to of signed for the Knights on 700k a year and I have them in the same bracket (I'd prefer Bateman personally).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s probably not worth $800k to most clubs but you could make a argument he’s worth $800k to us. He’s a good player but it’s his attitude that we need. He turned the Raiders around with his mentality and it could be similar if he came up to us. Look at what happened with Manly around 2005 when they signed Ben Kennedy.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fox sports are saying Bateman has now been given permission to test his value on the one market. Maybe there is some traction to the rumour of us signing him after all.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lads, he is coming to Canterbury......for a kebab, before he heads to st George