News Brandon Wakeham signs two year deal

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was voted one of the best young prospects,a couple of years ago let's hope now that his future is sorted,he can start producing some of that form,as far as Josh Reynolds,I believe the tigers are only willing to contribute,$150k of Reynolds $750k,the dogs are apparently not willing to pay any more,than $400k,and I think that's a fair sum,for josh at the current stage of his career
Wouldn’t pay more then 200k any more then that is a waste

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said last week, this was going to be finalised a while ago if it wasn’t for corona. Where are the people who said we were going to lose him?
I'd also be happy if you said we were looking to re-sign Foran ..

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Tigers think Reynolds is worth 600k, he should be in their 17 every week, yet they will have him sitting in the stands and pay him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope he improves and sure he will. Like it’s only a two year deal. Really want to see him with Foran not a average player on Lewis or coggerz

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people who now think we aren't going to sign Reynolds are jumping the gun I think. I reckon the club will still sign Reynolds if the Tigers are willing to pay half his salary. The club will likely extend Foran also - on a reduced contract. I'd rather Reynolds over Cogger. Cogger does nothing other than pass the ball to others and he's average at that (very rarely a cut out pass or long pass) He does nothing to create tries. Reynolds at least has a bit of spark / unpredictability which is exactly what we need. Still if the Tigers want us to pay more than 350K - 400K a season tell them to get f^%ked. Would they rather pay Reynolds 750K just to sit on the sideline or would they rather have up to 400K up their sleeve to sign someone else ? Pretty sure they'll eventually choose the later. They have plenty of backs. They need more forwards. If Foran wants more than 450K tops we should tell him to shop around.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds offers more versatility yes. But if Wakeham gets injured it would be nice to have a 7 in Cogger who knows how to run a side waiting in the wings. Odo from what ive seen would be better suited to 6 and just playing on instinct, the two would make a good reserve halves pairing.
Surely Cogger needed to be signed up before Lewis.....how the hell is Lewis a better half back than Cogger.? Pay has not given Cogger a fair go....I honestly want to see what he can do if given a chance

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely Cogger needed to be signed up before Lewis.....how the hell is Lewis a better half back than Cogger.? Pay has not given Cogger a fair go....I honestly want to see what he can do if given a chance
The strange thing is that Cogger played well when we started winning a few at the end of last season . He then got benched for Lewis and sat down for two entire matches. I’m guessing he trialled poorly to behind Wakeham and Lewis as they were really poor in the first two games, particularly Wakeham against the cowboys...shocker..which a lot of people on here are brushing over like it never happened. I would be persisting with Cogger. If Foran gets injured someone needs to be the on the ball half and i’d want that to be cogger with Averillo at six.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The strange thing is that Cogger played well when we started winning a few at the end of last season . He then got benched for Lewis and sat down for two entire matches. I’m guessing he trialled poorly to behind Wakeham and Lewis as they were really poor in the first two games, particularly Wakeham against the cowboys...shocker..which a lot of people on here are brushing over like it never happened. I would be persisting with Cogger. If Foran gets injured someone needs to be the on the ball half and i’d want that to be cogger with Averillo at six.
Wakeham had a shocker because he was being played in the wrong role receiving dog shit ball from Lewis who was receiving dog shit ball from JMK. Wakeham is a proper halfback and across all the grades that is the role he played and played well in.

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham had a shocker because he was being played in the wrong role receiving dog shit ball from Lewis who was receiving dog shit ball from JMK. Wakeham is a proper halfback and across all the grades that is the role he played and played well in.
Throw the prince into hooker for a game or 2. If he fails there as well then fuck him off

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t pay more then 200k any more then that is a waste
So you are saying,cogger and Lewis are both better footballers than Reynolds,because they are both on or above $200k a season,and the 2 together don't bring the passion ,and effort,that josh brings,both Lewis and cogger have had opportunities,and I don't think they have improved,individually or as part of the team.the only saving grace for them is that there's not many of our young players,over the last 2 years have Shown an improvement under the guidance of dean pay,

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham when he played international football seemed far more willing to be involved and his game was better for it. I think his 1st few games of 1st grade he has been too timid. My guess is he suffered from a little nerves so hopefully when he gets another shot at 1st grade he puts it all out there on the park. He certainly has potential.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great move by the club he has the potential to go next level and is an outstanding young gentlman off the field so I’m very happy he stayed loyal to us. Worst case scenario if he doesn’t work out as a long term half we can groom him into a top flight dummy half like we did Arron Groom in the past. Pun intended!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham when he played international football seemed far more willing to be involved and his game was better for it. I think his 1st few games of 1st grade he has been too timid. My guess is he suffered from a little nerves so hopefully when he gets another shot at 1st grade he puts it all out there on the park. He certainly has potential.
Because that's his role when he plays for Fiji, there was an article where he was talking about it and how he pretty much had full control out there and could sit back, push players where he wanted and chime in when the opportunity presented itself. With us he had Lewis pretending he was JT and racking up near 70 of the most useless touches I have ever seen.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you watch the games looked like pay the dud had all the ball going to lewis,most of jmk passes at 9 to lewis ,we need foz at 6 and wakeham at 7 playing his natural game as a cheeky half

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because that's his role when he plays for Fiji, there was an article where he was talking about it and how he pretty much had full control out there and could sit back, push players where he wanted and chime in when the opportunity presented itself. With us he had Lewis pretending he was JT and racking up near 70 of the most useless touches I have ever seen.
spot on pays lack of awareness and feel as a coach once again

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder if lewis would be better off at 9? tackling isn't an issue and he rarely runs much anyway. also another kicking option

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bbo - raw talent baby.
must run in the family, im pretty sure he's ben barba's cousin. definitely has some x-factor about him. would love to see him and wakeham line up together some day

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i wonder if lewis would be better off at 9? tackling isn't an issue and he rarely runs much anyway. also another kicking option
Unless you're insane at the other areas needed at hooker (e.g. game management, ball distribution, deception at the ruck, etc.) you need to be able to offer some attacking threat with your running game (and creativity) at dummy half, especially if it's offered up to you. This is going to be amplified with the 6 again (no stoppage in play), especially if you want to take advantage of it. You need to do a hell of a lot more then just defending, Lewis also has no experience kicking from dummy half. I really don't think Lewis can play anywhere bar 7, not hooker or lock.