Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Have you seen how packed the average peak hour train is in Sydney? You can’t rely on people always doing the responsible thing anyway, as there are too many idiots out there .... but even if every person did the responsible thing, there would still be factors beyond their control which could rapidly accelerate the spread of the virus.

I think we’re in for a very bad winter.... and it’s likely that things will get a lot worse than they have been so far, we’ll have to go into lockdown again and we will do more damage to the economy than we would have by keeping the restrictions in place for a little longer. Not to mention the strain that will be placed on the hospital system.

Time will tell, but I think this is a bad move which could end in total disaster. A number of leading health experts have expressed similar concerns. Look how ignoring health experts has worked out for the USA.
You can't, but we may not have a choice unless there's a vaccine - which is being extremely hopeful.

Can't help but think opening schools next week is a recipe for disaster.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You can't, but we may not have a choice unless there's a vaccine - which is being extremely hopeful.

Can't help but think opening schools next week is a recipe for disaster.
I know we can't stay in lockdown forever.....I just don't think the end of autumn/ beginning of winter is the time to end it.

On a brighter note, they are saying a vaccine has been tested and proven as safe and it could possibly be available by the end of the year.

Malla

Reaction score
I know we can't stay in lockdown forever.....I just don't think the end of autumn/ beginning of winter is the time to end it.

On a brighter note, they are saying a vaccine has been tested and proven as safe and it could possibly be available by the end of the year.
Saw that. Would be amazing if true, but I am pretty skeptical for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.