John Bateman

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my club is not that fricken dumb!! I’m keeping the faith that we will become a powerhouse again and that obviously means NO to renoylds
Who the hell would stop following the bulldogs because of one player? I mean if you support this club, your here through good an bad, it’s been hard for many years.. but you NEVER walk away from the great blue an white , No matter how hard it gets..!!!!!!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Word is Ricky Stuart has called Dean Pay saying Bateman wants an increase they can’t afford and is giving pay first crack, source close to pay said a week ago that he is chasing Reynolds and Bateman hard out. Reynolds rumour has since surfaced but not Bateman as of yet. Only speculation at this point but would be a major signing given CHN gone and Stimson out for some time
Would love another hard nosed pommy with skill back in our squad, perfect replacement for CHN! Forget Grub though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who the hell would stop following the bulldogs because of one player? I mean if you support this club, your here through good an bad, it’s been hard for many years.. but you NEVER walk away from the great blue an white , No matter how hard it gets..!!!!!!
Question back to you.
Why does the club deserve your blind loyalty?
Despite you being the one that pays for stuff and such.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question back to you.
Nasheed Lol,

I’ve supported this club for 33 years, why would I support another ? And of corse I’m going to buy merchandise etc, and I will
Always be loyal to this club.

why even ask a question like that if your a true supporter?? Case closed.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

People can lose interest in sport and in this case a club. Most will always be a supporter but maybe not as passionate as once was!!!
Losing can be a key contributor in This

why have our crowd numbers dropped so much compared to the early 2000’s

your just going to say we don’t need those fans?

We need every one of them

die hards and even the so called dogs fans who turn away when it gets tough or we become boring to watch!!

Re building with a war chest and using that $$ on a shit player like renoylds is not a team on the way back up

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question back to you.
If there was a war you’d be the first killed, you’re not even loyal to any team, we follow our team like die hards cause our club has a rich history, any other team could of gone worse but we prevail. Dogs of war

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If there was a war you’d be the first killed, you’re not even loyal to any team, we follow our team like die hards cause our club has a rich history, any other team could of gone worse but we prevail. Dogs of war
I'd survive because I'm pragmatic.
When wogs v Aussies played tackle footy at school I went with the team I thought would win and always did.
If Moe's or Jabronnie was playing for the wogs I'd go on their team because they were star players, But not as good as Mark B*** as he was a superstar and gave the Aussies an edge and all of a sudden I'm eating vegemite to get in that winning team.

And while you guys suffer with the dogs current scenario (I also suffer) I'm distracted because I also go for Souths who I can rely on to be winners.

also like the tigers.

beyond that, I get on the wave for players and in the semis I became a Canberra supporter because of what they have been through and I liked the English quartet, watching Bateman and seeing wighton carve up.

you have to understand, it is just a game. The teams are all playing it. One day eats have Rod Silva, the next day we do. We had Klemmer, now Newcastle have him. Our favourite son Reynolds is now a tiger, but he may come back. It's musical chairs. Certain teams go through entertaining eras.

By all means support the dogs, I sure as hell do. You'll never see a bigger supporter than myself if the Canterbury Bulldogs, but don't get your tampon smothered in blood if we go through a few lean seasons. They don't affect your life, they are a business extracting money from you. You owe them nothing. It's their job to keep you keen. Have a few teams in the side to support, you'll enjoy yourself more and stress less. watch Ponga do his thing and watch in awe. That kinda thing. Nasheed.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The answer is pretty simple I think. A person who we don't need supporting the mighty Dogs.

Admittedly though I've walked away from the TV a few times in my life supporting the Dogs. Especially when Bella dropped the fucking ball from the kickoff against the Raiders. Fuck me. Had to take a wee walk after that one otherwise the TV would've been in bits

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People can lose interest in sport and in this case a club. Most will always be a supporter but maybe not as passionate as once was!!!
Losing can be a key contributor in This

why have our crowd numbers dropped so much compared to the early 2000’s

your just going to say we don’t need those fans?

We need every one of them

die hards and even the so called dogs fans who turn away when it gets tough or we become boring to watch!!

Re building with a war chest and using that $$ on a shit player like renoylds is not a team on the way back up
I think there's a difference though in what we're defining as "walking away"

I think all of us has lost interest in the Dogs at some point during our time watching them. Maybe it's only been a brief stint of disgust, or perhaps even a longer pause from the game. However, I would like to think that most of us (apart from Souths / Parra / Rorters supporting Nasheed) have always had the Dogs in our hearts.

Yes. Some are more diehard than others. But does that make them a better supporter? Some call for players / coaches to be sacked after a few games. Does that make them less of a supporter?

It's all relative I think and at the end of the day I like to think we all support the mighty Dogs in our own way so we're really all got the same feelings deep down. We want to the Dogs to win.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd survive because I'm pragmatic.
When wogs v Aussies played tackle footy at school I went with the team I thought would win and always did.
If Moe's or Jabronnie was playing for the wogs I'd go on their team because they were star players, But not as good as Mark B*** as he was a superstar and gave the Aussies an edge and all of a sudden I'm eating vegemite to get in that winning team.

And while you guys suffer with the dogs current scenario (I also suffer) I'm distracted because I also go for Souths who I can rely on to be winners.

also like the tigers.

beyond that, I get on the wave for players and in the semis I became a Canberra supporter because of what they have been through and I liked the English quartet, watching Bateman and seeing wighton carve up.

you have to understand, it is just a game. The teams are all playing it. One day eats have Rod Silva, the next day we do. We had Klemmer, now Newcastle have him. Our favourite son Reynolds is now a tiger, but he may come back. It's musical chairs. Certain teams go through entertaining eras.

By all means support the dogs, I sure as hell do. You'll never see a bigger supporter than myself if the Canterbury Bulldogs, but don't get your tampon smothered in blood if we go through a few lean seasons. They don't affect your life, they are a business extracting money from you. You owe them nothing. It's their job to keep you keen. Have a few teams in the side to support, you'll enjoy yourself more and stress less. watch Ponga do his thing and watch in awe. That kinda thing. Nasheed.
Well sorry the house hold I was brought up in I got terry lambs poster on my wall when I was 4, my dad was a big doggies supporter he followed valley diehards part of the Brisbane league the team who discovered Wally Lewis, they’ve won the most premierships out of any Rigbt league team to this day . When broncos came in the BRL went down the gurgled and my dad picked the team that played like them, tough, strong and awesome defence. That’s the dogs, good on you for being neutral but you shouldn’t have any input into what it said here, can mods change your name to Trojan horse?

Malla

Reaction score
Even though I think Bateman is the epitome of a perfect Bulldogs player stereotype, I've been against this idea as we need size. And he doesn't have that.

butttt, if Vlandys gets his way and the interchange is reduced I'm going to change my tune here a bit as fitness will be a valuable commodity. And Bateman doesn't stop for 80mins. Tackling and running.

I still reckon he will end up at the Titans. Bloke seems to love his sun and girls. GC has that plus the money and need for him.
Yeah you are right. He suits Raiders style, they have a big and mobile pack. Would get lost in our forward pack and probably become an average player.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah you are right. He suits Raiders style, they have a big and mobile pack. Would get lost in our forward pack and probably become an average player.
Correct. It's all about balance.
No one at dogs level, fans or the club, seem to get this.

raiders get it, and Robinson at the roosters has gone on record to say that it's the most important thing in RL.

it's why I think Hopoate is no good for us, despite being a great player, and as is my opinion, Batemans efffectiveness would be severely blunted if he came to our club. He would devolve to Tolmanship.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You sure its not Luke Bateman instead of John? Both play for the raiders. Luke actually days ago quit the Raiders.

Knowing our luck we are probably after Luke lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Imagine if we landed his signature and somehow got CHN back... Oh baby! Said it before but it seems logical that Raiders will get CHN and let Bateman go.
He's a mongrel that does anything to win it's exactly the attitude we need.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's a mongrel that does anything to win it's exactly the attitude we need.
Yep spot on most clubs are tight on cash, we'd blow any offer out of the water. Hope he keeps pushing for that release, won't feel bad about it either, Barba, Rona and countless other players we have lost due to home sickness or money eg Klemmer.. would be nice to get someone in a similar fashion for once.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep spot on most clubs are tight on cash, we'd blow any offer out of the water. Hope he keeps pushing for that release, won't feel bad about it either, Barba, Rona and countless other players we have lost due to home sickness or money eg Klemmer.. would be nice to get someone in a similar fashion for once.
Brandon Smith and John Bateman. How good would that be!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Issac moses involved in another player trying to break a contract