Predicted Dogs Team for R3

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
WE. DON'T. HAVE. TO. FIND. A. SPOT. FOR. LEWIS.

If we're giving a new centre a run then we should go with Harper who has actually played in that role or blood Averillo there who actually has an explosive running game. The only place for Lewis is if he bulks up and plays in the backrow, even then I doubt that will work as he can't even use his big frame as a half.
yep we have Schoupp aswell, fuck Lewis!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My opinion is if they dont have any running game, can make meters or break tackles, there is just no spot for them these days. They just dont ask the opps any question.
If lewis is to be picked on defence for ctr, why not just pick a more mobile forward that can make more tackles and hurt opps more?
Lewis is being considered as a centre for one very good reason. That is our weakest area.
Hopoate and Smith are not up to it. Both are wingers at best.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is being considered as a centre for one very good reason. That is our weakest area.
Even if that is true they're still better than Lewis at centre.

I know you have a dig at Hoppa for being too slow, what will you say if Lewis gets the centre gig? Lewis makes Hoppa look like Martin Offiah.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arnt you the one complaining Hoppa is slow?

Imagine Lewis trying to chase.

I'd honestly bulk him up and play him on an edge if we are running low on second rowers

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing Montoya and Crichton are fighting for a wing spot. Averillo at 17

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if that is true they're still better than Lewis at centre.

I know you have a dig at Hoppa for being too slow, what will you say if Lewis gets the centre gig? Lewis makes Hoppa look like Martin Offiah.
Not true. Lewis has more pace than Hoppa. However, there is really no one to replace Smith who doesnt appear to be a centre. Hoppas defence is also a worry, more so than Lewis.
I think Holland is a winger as well.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hearing Montoya and Crichton are fighting for a wing spot. Averillo at 17
Montoya, won't be playing for a while, hamstring tear last week at training, it's apparently a grade 2, so that's around 10 weeks out.

Go Dogs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's have some reality guys,

1. Averillo came on the last 20 minutes when we were losing by a big margin. He will be slowly given chances for this season. He's not going to start

2. Meaney at FB. Seriously? Do you guys know who our coach is? There's no way he's moving Meaney to FB and upsetting DWZ. Just not happening

3. Lewis at HB, I'm personally still not sold that Pay is NOT going to do something stupid. I still believe Pay will once again go the wrong option and put Lewis in halves over Wakeham

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ffs Montoya. Now we have to see Crichton again... I'd personally rather we throw Averillo or Tass (or even Harper tbh) into the backs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw the training photos from Friday and it looked like the white jerseys were the main team and red jerseys back ups

Lewis was wearing red

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as Wakeham and Foran (for as long as he lasts) are in the halves with Averillo getting a spot somewhere, not too fussed about the rest.

Sorry and Lewis no where near centre.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw the training photos from Friday and it looked like the white jerseys were the main team and red jerseys back ups

Lewis was wearing red
Don't believe it until our lineup is finalized

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Lewis was wearing red
Yeah looks that way hey? Didn’t see anyone else from the starting 17 in a red jersey, only all reggies. Hopefully pay has woke up and realised Lewis is not a half

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm glad my last post about Lewis generated some debate. Nothing new just mention his name and the love hate debate goes off. The lovers I feel (and I am one) who likes his dogged defence and the way he puts his body on the line. The haters (an I am one) are frustrated with is lack of organisational play as our halfback. I will always appreciate the players like Stagg, Tolman and Jackson. I loved Johnathon Thurstan as he was just as as good in defence as he was in attack.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
67FF9B05-1166-476D-973D-5849068944DA.jpeg

The Canterbury Bulldogs have suffered another injury blow with outside back Marcelo Montoya suffering a grade two hamstring tear.

The Fiji Bati winger sustained the injury during training last week which will see the junior sidelined for 8-12 weeks.

This is the third injury faced by the club after Joe Stimson who underwent the second stage of surgery to his shoulder last week.

The 24-year old will commence his rehab program in two weeks and will be sidelined for five to six months.

Chris Smith will begin skills and contact with the team this week as his continues his return to play protocol following a knee injury suffered in the All Stars match at the start of the season.

He will be back to full training in a week’s time with a return to play date scheduled for round five.

With less than a week remaining before the NRL restart date on May 28, the club will continue their preparation ahead of a thriller against the Manly Sea Eagles in the first game back since the competition was suspended due to COVID-19.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/05/18/injury-update-local-junior-sidelined/

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't his complete lack of any running game only get exposed even more at centre? Lewis is no where near good enough to manufacture a spot for him in the 17 if he can't make it in the halves.
I have said this before...
Lewis does not want to play in the centers, he would rather play in reserve grade !!!
In my opinion we need his defence in the centers.
His future is at lock, needs to bulk up first !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have said this before...
Lewis does not want to play in the centers, he would rather play in reserve grade !!!
In my opinion we need his defence in the centers.
His future is at lock, needs to bulk up first !!!
I really don't think he has a future in the NRL.
He just isn't skilful enough as a half and even if he spent months in the gym I can't see him turning into a lock.
He lacks agility and speed at his current weight this will just get worse as he bulks up.