Social Media Return for Reynolds??

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You wouldn't because you'd have to pay half of his contract so another club gets him for what he's worth (give or take). 350-400k (whatever they contribute) in their salary cap can't be used. Just not sure if it's worth it at that point.
You would if you knew he wasn’t likely to play first grade and that’s the point of this if you read between the lines they have little use for him. They save a few hundred thousand better than carrying the burden of 750k for a player you don’t want to use. Bit like us with Eastwood but nobody wanted to pay half the freight. You don’t know who they are negotiating with either they may need that money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That opinion is based on if you think JMK is a good hooker. I don’t
No it isn't. I even said I don't think JMK is good enough right now to be our starting hooker. I'd still rather give him the 9 then recruit someone on loan for one year that's going to go back afterwards (more game time for the small chance that he comes good). It'd be different if we had a realistic chance of competing but reality is we're a bottom four side on paper.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You would if you knew he wasn’t likely to play first grade and that’s the point of this if you read between the lines they have little use for him. They save a few hundred thousand better than carrying the burden of 750k for a player you don’t want to use. Bit like us with Eastwood but nobody wanted to pay half the freight. You don’t know who they are negotiating with either they may need that money.
I'm just saying why you wouldn't do it. If he's not in their plans or worth 350-400k (if they get rid of him whoever they bring in, or upgrade, will be to this amount, the rest is void cap) as a 14 or experienced back up to them then get rid of him. I just think it sucks/possibly not worth it when another club is able to pick up that player for their worth now. It isn't like Reynolds is kicking stones as well.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He isn’t coming. It’s just a media beat up and tigers management doing their best to offload his contract

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just saying why you wouldn't do it. If he's not in their plans or worth 350-400k (if they get rid of him whoever they bring in, or upgrade, will be to this amount, the rest is void cap) as a 14 or experienced back up to them then get rid of him. I just think it sucks/possibly not worth it when another club is able to pick up that player for their worth now. It isn't like Reynolds is kicking stones as well.
Thanks but I think that’s fairly obvious to any dogs supporter given what we have been through lately. Blind Freddy can see why they want to get rid of him cause he is too expensive for what he has delivered. If they chip in half of his contract there is still huge upside for them to get rid of a player they don’t have a lot of use for. Gives them the opportunity to recruit someone else or upgrade some juniors.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks but I think that’s fairly obvious to any dogs supporter given what we have been through lately. Blind Freddy can see why they want to get rid of him cause he is too expensive for what he has delivered. If they chip in half of his contract there is still huge upside for them to get rid of a player they don’t have a lot of use for. Gives them the opportunity to recruit someone else or upgrade some juniors.
I'm just playing devil's advocate because you said why wouldn't you.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to say. Very interesting post if anything.. love reading the new comments, and claims lol.!! Will be fun watching this play out..!!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it isn't. I even said I don't think JMK is good enough right now to be our starting hooker. I'd still rather give him the 9 then recruit someone on loan for one year that's going to go back afterwards (more game time for the small chance that he comes good). It'd be different if we had a realistic chance of competing but reality is we're a bottom four side on paper.
That makes no sense. If JMK is by your admission a poor hooker than he shouldn’t be given more game time. I’d rather have a gun hopper on loan for a year and we can reassess our options after that. The benefits would be that it probably wouldn’t cost a fortune to have somebody like Grant on loan. This allows us another 12 months to find the answer to that position.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on asking lynne on Twitter the other day. She said we are sticking to our plan of rebuilding and need to look after our youngsters. She may be telling fibs or not.
Ok cool

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Foran wants Reynolds back at Belmore according to DT...…..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran needs to stay on the field before he can start asking for things of this club.
Sure does mate. My thoughts exactly, also showing no faith in Wakeham, Averillo or Lewis.

I couldn’t read the article so can only assume, I better point that out.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard over the radio that the Reynolds signing is now OFFICIAL.