Social Media Return for Reynolds??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Said this in another thread. Ponga is a problem himself for workload and the cash we'd be paying him... But it's a hell of alot better paying him say an extra 300k and not going near Reynolds and other wood ducks
Yh I'm not saying we should go out and buy Ponga, but investing that extra cash into a genuine starter instead of just any average player is far smarter

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, utility Josh Reynolds continues to be linked to a return to Canterbury this season.

It's believed Reynolds and his management are holding talks with the Bulldogs to bring the cult hero home as the Tigers prepare to play Harry Grant behind the ruck.

Reynolds is on a contract worth around $750,000 per year but is likely to be benched when the season returns with no fixed starting position in the Tigers team.

"He's here at the moment and that's all I care about," Maguire said.

"Those sorts of things progress at some stages in players careers but my focus for all of my players is we need to be ready to go.

"We've got a lot in our game that we need to improve on.

"Josh to his credit has trained extremely hard and he still is.

"There's not a lot of chatter around it to be honest, those things are a part of our game and we've got to get on with it."

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We need established players who are still on the up, like how josh Morris was ten years ago.
Proven performers who still have hunger and goals.

a Cotric or that Illawarra guy fit this bill.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, utility Josh Reynolds continues to be linked to a return to Canterbury this season.

It's believed Reynolds and his management are holding talks with the Bulldogs to bring the cult hero home as the Tigers prepare to play Harry Grant behind the ruck.

Reynolds is on a contract worth around $750,000 per year but is likely to be benched when the season returns with no fixed starting position in the Tigers team.

"He's here at the moment and that's all I care about," Maguire said.

"Those sorts of things progress at some stages in players careers but my focus for all of my players is we need to be ready to go.

"We've got a lot in our game that we need to improve on.

"Josh to his credit has trained extremely hard and he still is.

"There's not a lot of chatter around it to be honest, those things are a part of our game and we've got to get on with it."
Why weren’t we in the hunt for Grant?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The commentary from McGuire is all but confirming they want to offload him.. why wouldn’t you on that sort of money..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The commentary from McGuire is all but confirming they want to offload him.. why wouldn’t you on that sort of money..
You wouldn't because you'd have to pay half of his contract so another club gets him for what he's worth (give or take). 350-400k (whatever they contribute) in their salary cap can't be used. Just not sure if it's worth it at that point.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why weren’t we in the hunt for Grant?
There isn't much point if we can't keep him after one season (loan/swap deal). We're better of giving our own a chance as we're building towards 2021. E.g. 20 games for JMK playing 50-80 minutes is a lot more beneficial imo (I currently don't think he's good enough to be starting hooker).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't much point if we can't keep him after one season (loan/swap deal). We're better of giving our own a chance as we're building towards 2021. E.g. 20 games for JMK playing 50-80 minutes is a lot more beneficial imo (I currently don't think he's good enough to be starting hooker).
That opinion is based on if you think JMK is a good hooker. I don’t

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is this nightmare over yet
Makes no sense does it? Apparently dogs want him for 450 with tigers chipping in the rest.

I personally don’t get it. I mentioned it before. If we got a fullback, centre, halfback, hooker and a second rower. And we had a spare 450k sure throw him a bone and get him off the bench. Feel good story and you can use his energy for 10-15 mins at the end of games. But to go out and make him one of our first signings makes no sense. He isn’t a great half, his body isn’t holding up too well, his best years are definitely behind him.

I’d lose faith in the decision makers even if he did come at half price. Too similar to what we have. Not a move up. Not even a move across. Almost a move back (I’m starting to sound like Marley :p lol)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And only our club is probably dumb enough to help them out by paying a chunk of what he's on for basically the next two seasons..

Madge is probably praying the deal goes through! A smart club would let their rivals stay weak and cap fucked and not help them out. That's what the other 15 clubs did to us for the past 4 years we've been cap fucked.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense does it? Apparently dogs want him for 450 with tigers chipping in the rest.

I personally don’t get it. I mentioned it before. If we got a fullback, centre, halfback, hooker and a second rower. And we had a spare 450k sure throw him a bone and get him off the bench. Feel good story and you can use his energy for 10-15 mins at the end of games. But to go out and make him one of our first signings makes no sense. He isn’t a great half, his body isn’t holding up too well, his best years are definitely behind him.

I’d lose faith in the decision makers even if he did come at half price. Too similar to what we have. Not a move up. Not even a move across. Almost a move back (I’m starting to sound like Marley :p lol)
Yep it’s embarrassing tbh some on here keep defending our recruitment but they keep doing dumb shit like this

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he did, he would have fit in real well with our drinking and bad boy culture.perfect headline player for the media.
Wasn't he found drunk as a skunk sleeping outside a strangers house recently.
Didn't have Bulldog DNA.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most of the posters on here would say ..we dodged a bullet with Harry Grant