Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know - that's why I'm still confused as to why Aunty Gladys is doing this.

BWAHAHAHAHA. I'll give you that ;)
Because just like our esteemed PM, her priority is the economy, not the health of citizens. I get that the country can't remain locked down for ever.....but reopening so soon after we have flattened the curve and right on the doorstep of winter is a recipe for disaster.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t know. Your guess is as good as mine.
Hurry up and find out,I need to know and for my new buisness I'm opening in nz scaffold wonderland fun for the whole family I'll make a fortune

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because just like our esteemed PM, her priority is the economy, not the health of citizens. I get that the country can't remain locked down for ever.....but reopening so soon after we have flattened the curve and right on the doorstep of winter is a recipe for disaster.
Nope she's being forced to by the right faction of the state and federal libs. She doesn't want to open it up

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope she's being forced to by the right faction of the state and federal libs. She doesn't want to open it up
Probably. She is actually a fairly nice person. I've met her. But this is one of those times she really should be digging her heels in more. You know that saying about sleeping with dogs. ScuMo and the Liberal party power brokers are flea ridden indeed.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
She doesn’t know what she’s saying mate. It comes down to patient first than either guardian or next of kin. There’s no mouth to mouth in hospitals without a mask and bag anyway
Kinda had a feeling it's BS, it's a bit worrying that a) she is lying about something like that or b) she has no fkn idea.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably. She is actually a fairly nice person. I've met her. But this is one of those times she really should be digging her heels in more. You know that saying about sleeping with dogs. ScuMo and the Liberal party power brokers are flea ridden indeed.
She digs her heels in, the right faction act out in their typical hysterical fashion and fuck up everything until she resigns.

What then?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
She digs her heels in, the right faction act out in their typical hysterical fashion and fuck up everything until she resigns.

What then?
She is the one to emerge with her reputation intact after all Hell breaks loose. She is elected to represent the citizens of her state, not factional power brokers. She will have to take her share of the responsibility.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 new case

56 active cases

0 new deaths

95 percent have recovered..!!
Thanks for looking after far East nsw for us all it's now very safe for you to return to Adelaide
Just remember they call telegraph poles stobie poles.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 new case

56 active cases

0 new deaths

95 percent have recovered..!!
Have u been out in level 2? I went for a drive and drove straight home lol, it was madness.

Can't wait for the bars to open too, i want to have a beer with mates.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Most people overseas are in shock that we are still (until today) under such severe restrictions.

There is something like 5 people in all of NSW in hospital in a serious condition due to the virus.

Can't stay indoors forever crying like little babies.

There needs to be extreme restrictions for the elderly who are the ones at risk from this virus, while the rest of the population goes back to work and school.

Malla

Reaction score
At some point the onus of responsibility needs to be put on the citizens to take the necessary steps they need to do prevent catching the virus. Just because things are re-opening, doesn't mean everyone goes out and becomes irresponsible - although we have seen plenty of examples over the last couple months of hour stupid people in sydney's east really are.

Cant keep the economy closed forever, and I would bet that by August things will be pretty much back to normal and we will still have active cases.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The odds of anyone under a given age (let's call it 60) catching the virus and dying from it, is something like 1 in a few thousand.

Then ask yourself, how many people do you know who have been made unemployed and are now fearful for their future. Chances are you know at least a few.

Politicians (from both sides of politics) thoroughly enjoy having all this extra power and will collect more and more if they are allowed to.

Time for the economy to re-open and individual citizens to be free to make their own choices about whether they stay home, go to work, go to the beach etc.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Most people overseas are in shock that we are still (until today) under such severe restrictions.

There is something like 5 people in all of NSW in hospital in a serious condition due to the virus.

Can't stay indoors forever crying like little babies.

There needs to be extreme restrictions for the elderly who are the ones at risk from this virus, while the rest of the population goes back to work and school.
Our number of cases is so low BECAUSE of the restrictions.

Most countries which have been smashed hardest by this virus were in their colder seasons when cases erupted.

Any immunocompromised person, person with diabetes, heart conditions of a number if other serious medical conditions are at significant risk from this virus.... we are just entering flu season when the number of immunocompromised people will significantly rise on a temporary basis and more people will be coughing, sneezing and spreading their germs all over the place faster than you spread conservative talking points. Not to mention that the virus has caused serious complications in a number of people who don’t fit into the senior demographic.... experts are also currently investigating links vereeen coronavirus and unusually high incidence of strokes in younger people who have “recovered” from the virus.

We have not been sitting at home “crying” we have been taking sensible precautions against a serious pandemic which may be even worse than what we already know. We are standing on the doorstep of winter and now is not the time to lift those restrictions.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At some point the onus of responsibility needs to be put on the citizens to take the necessary steps they need to do prevent catching the virus. Just because things are re-opening, doesn't mean everyone goes out and becomes irresponsible - although we have seen plenty of examples over the last couple months of hour stupid people in sydney's east really are.

Cant keep the economy closed forever, and I would bet that by August things will be pretty much back to normal and we will still have active cases.
Have you seen how packed the average peak hour train is in Sydney? You can’t rely on people always doing the responsible thing anyway, as there are too many idiots out there .... but even if every person did the responsible thing, there would still be factors beyond their control which could rapidly accelerate the spread of the virus.

I think we’re in for a very bad winter.... and it’s likely that things will get a lot worse than they have been so far, we’ll have to go into lockdown again and we will do more damage to the economy than we would have by keeping the restrictions in place for a little longer. Not to mention the strain that will be placed on the hospital system.

Time will tell, but I think this is a bad move which could end in total disaster. A number of leading health experts have expressed similar concerns. Look how ignoring health experts has worked out for the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.