CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m excited about the prospect of Renouf playing on the edge

To come back after lockdown in fighting weight points to his self discipline and hunger to nail down a starting spot!

The more time he gets out there the better he will be for us with his effective hit ups and presence on defence not to mention his strike power through his running and offloads.

He will take a few games to get used to the defensive side with regards to positioning and communication with his edge but fk we have nothing to lose and this move is worth persisting with

Stimson was a dud and liability in defence the first couple games
The more I think about this the more excited I get, this isn't something I thought Pay would consider but I'm happy for this to happen even if it does end up in failure. Just need a halves pairing of Wakeham/Foz(Averillo if injured) so Lewis is nowhere near him dishing up shit and making the transition so much harder.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he was lying when he said he would be playing if there was a game on during corona virus

it was convenient because nobody was playing a game at the time so he could say it and not have to back It up

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this article has given any reason for a so called "roadblock" for for an. But we need him fit and firing to be any kind of a chance this year. The whole Covid problem was a blessing as far as he is concerned.
I like the idea of having To'omaga start, regardless of what position. But i am concerned about him being caught out defensively on an edge. But let's just wait and see if there is actually any truth to this rumour in the first place.
As for Reimis, he hasn't convinced me he is a centre by any stretch, but if he honestly believes he can become one of the premier centres in the game, he is probably worth the gamble. So long as we a better winger then Crichton to replace him!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this article has given any reason for a so called "roadblock" for for an. But we need him fit and firing to be any kind of a chance this year. The whole Covid problem was a blessing as far as he is concerned.
Yeah it doesn't sound like a big deal he just hasn't done a contact session yet and if he's not ready it would be foolish to rush him given his record.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck if Foran hit a roadblock he would have broken himself again.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'd happily start both Wakeham and Averillo, both plenty talented and there is no one established available on the market. I'm not buying a half for the sake of buying a half. Invest money elsewhere, want experience then buy Friend to help them, buy and actual fullback that can pass a ball, get a centre that can actually beat a man one on one, etc. So many better ways to spend the potential 300-400k than buying fucking Reynolds. Reynolds is also more injury prone than Foran with no where near the same talent.
I agree with most until you said Reynold's more injury prone. With other thing about Reynold injuries aren't career ending and when he did play and starter last year got man of match . He isn't a ball playing 6 but he competes, his never give up attitude is infectious. He is a better option than Lewis. And foz is a hit and miss if he will see the year out. Next year if averillo is a starting 6 (which I doubt, he is a 1 or 3) than Reynold is good off the bench.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've had Reynolds' back many times on this forum over the years but if the board signs him they all need to give themselves an uppercut. Stupid move imo. Develop Averillo and Wakeham and buy a decent Hooker, that the biggest issue in our team. Could have star studded backline but if you start with shit you'll get shit as a result.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with most until you said Reynold's more injury prone. With other thing about Reynold injuries aren't career ending and when he did play and starter last year got man of match . He isn't a ball playing 6 but he competes, his never give up attitude is infectious. He is a better option than Lewis. And foz is a hit and miss if he will see the year out. Next year if averillo is a starting 6 (which I doubt, he is a 1 or 3) than Reynold is good off the bench.
Foz has played more games than him in recent years, dude is injury prone :tearsofjoy:

I don't give a shit about how many MOTM he has won, his attitude or how infectious it is, etc. I only care about winning Premierships and getting into that position asap. Reynolds does not fit the bill, he might come up with a couple of big plays to get a win every now and then but will come up with the usual shit in between that and cost us games along the way.

Our fans shouldn't be encouraging nonsense like this, it's embarrassing. Tigers are fucking laughing if this happens. Sign Grant on loan and a club like us is fucking dumb enough to pick up half of Reynolds contract.

Averillo not a 6? Based off what?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've had Reynolds' back many times on this forum over the years but if the board signs him they all need to give themselves an uppercut. Stupid move imo. Develop Averillo and Wakeham and buy a decent Hooker, that the biggest issue in our team. Could have star studded backline but if you start with shit you'll get shit as a result.
I honestly don't get it, it's like our fans don't actually want us to ever win a Premiership again.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran Foran may still not be ready to play when the NRL season returns on May 28, with the Kiwi playmaker still not able to take part in contact training sessions at the Bulldogs.

Kieran Foran’s round three return has hit an obstacle with the Canterbury playmaker failing to take part in this week’s contact sessions at Belmore.

Teammate Reimis Smith said that Foran was still on a modified program, while the rest of the team had begun contact sessions in preparation for the May 28 restart.

“Not really [did he take part in the contact session], I think he was just doing a bit of modified stuff … but he is doing what he can at the moment. It’s looking positive but I don’t know if he’ll be there at the start of the season,” Smith said.

Last week, Coach Dean Pay said Foran’s return would depend on him completing more “intensive” training in the lead up to round three.

The 29-year-old Foran suffered a shoulder injury while playing for New Zealand against Great Britain in November last year.

Foran was set to miss at least 12 rounds before the season was suspended on March 23 due to the coronavirus.

The Kiwi international will now only miss a further one or two games depending on how soon he returns to full contact training.

Smith said Foran’s timely return would be a “massive” boost to the Bulldogs after losing their first two games of the season.

Foran could find himself playing alongside Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds in the halves when he finally makes his comeback. Canterbury favourite Reynolds could be Belmore bound in 2020 if the Tigers and Bulldogs can come to an agreement over the terms of his release.

Pay will also be without new recruit Joe Stimson after he suffered a season ending shoulder injury in round two against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Flyer Smith has backed young forward Renouf To'omaga as Stimson’s replacement when the season restarts.

“There are so many quality backrowers … Renouf has put his hand up, Raymond Faitala-Mariner has his hand up and there are a few others pushing hard from that spot,” Smith said.

“[Renouf] came back [looking] really good. He came back slim and lighter than what he left. He was excited when he came back but there was a spring in his step and there was something different about him. He wants that spot pretty hard and he has been training really hard for it.”

Reimis Smith has backed Renouf To'omaga to replace the injured Joe Stimson. Picture. Phil Hillyard
Bulldogs fans can expect to see Smith in his new spot at left centre again, after playing on the right wing in 2019 where he finished as the club’s top tryscorer with 12 tries.

Canterbury’s winless start to the season hasn’t dampened Smith’s confidence. The 24-year old said with enough time in his new position he could be one of the elite centres in the game.

“I’ve had those two games at centre and there is a lot of room to grow and it’s a challenge. But at the end of the day I back my ability and I believe in myself that I can be one of the best centres in the game. That’s what I’m striving for,” Smith said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k/news-story/4842fb1ed429e4fc803f603c79fc96f5
It feels as though every story regarding our club has J Reynolds name attached somehow, he's f'ing past it and not wanted, so stop trying to palm this has been of to our club FFS.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Foz has played more games than him in recent years, dude is injury prone :tearsofjoy:

I don't give a shit about how many MOTM he has won, his attitude or how infectious it is, etc. I only care about winning Premierships and getting into that position asap. Reynolds does not fit the bill, he might come up with a couple of big plays to get a win every now and then but will come up with the usual shit in between that and cost us games along the way.

Our fans shouldn't be encouraging nonsense like this, it's embarrassing. Tigers are fucking laughing if this happens. Sign Grant on loan and a club like us is fucking dumb enough to pick up half of Reynolds contract.

Averillo not a 6? Based off what?
Reynolds may have had a shit last couple of years with injury but before that the dude missed fuck all games. I think averillo is more a centre than a 6. Potentially a fuckback before a half. We aren't winning a premiership in the next 5 years mate. The foundation isn't there. Recruitment hasn't been successfull and unless we pay well overs or have that coach to bring key guys over we won't be signing big names. We are short 4 or 5 key positions. Development is our main shot than try sign the 1 or 2 guns once we have 7 or 8 kids in 1st grade. History shows development is the key to winning premiership with the final touch signing the missing piece. Wakeham averillo harper tupine are the future but will need experience and hardened 1st graders around them to progress development.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds may have had a shit last couple of years with injury but before that the dude missed fuck all games. I think averillo is more a centre than a 6. Potentially a fuckback before a half. We aren't winning a premiership in the next 5 years mate. The foundation isn't there. Recruitment hasn't been successfull and unless we pay well overs or have that coach to bring key guys over we won't be signing big names. We are short 4 or 5 key positions. Development is our main shot than try sign the 1 or 2 guns once we have 7 or 8 kids in 1st grade. History shows development is the key to winning premiership with the final touch signing the missing piece. Wakeham averillo harper tupine are the future but will need experience and hardened 1st graders around them to progress development.
I agree with getting hardened 1st graders but not in the positions where we have the juniors coming through. Averillo has all the talent to make it as 5/8 and as soon as he moved there in the lower grades he blossomed. Reynolds might have a played plenty of NRL games but he doesn’t display much composure which that amount of games should have given him.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can certainly win a premiership within 5 years
With the right squad and coaching staff it is very achievable mate
Our junior development is also the best it’s been in years which is very important
I’m confident of better days ahead once our cap issues are resolved at season end.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Development, yes, so actually play the players worth developing and surround them with the players that can help them develop. Reynolds is going to do fuck all for these guys except potentially take their spot and minutes.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want to speculate on what the clubs intensions are regarding josh if any at all but feel his best days could be behind him well and truly
I’d just rather back a rookie all year long even if mistakes are made.
This is a perfect season to experiment with youth and give them valuable minutes to build their confidence
A player needs to play against the best to really learn.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guessing ogden in if renouf goes to edge.

Still dont get the logic behind reynolds if that happens. Must be because the penalty for tripping is only a fine these days

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like jarryd hayne he'll still get a mention on channel 9 cause hes mates with joey and the boys