Opinion War chest 2.0

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Coen Hess, Harry Grant and Nick Cotric would be a great start and wouldn’t cost a shit load. Even Tamou at a stretch.
If Averillo and Wakeham get a decent chance to prove themselves that would be an indication of if we need another half, Clifford would be a decent target.
Agree with everyone except Clifford. He is much like Cogger. Lol for Asiata to get a start over him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’d rather persist with wakeham rather then going and signing another young half like Clifford

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're paying fucking DWZ more money to play FB (not a FB) than we offered Api to play hooker (actually a very good hooker). Absolute morons, fucking dumbcunts. Fucking culture this, fucking Bulldog DNA that, fuck off. Elliott fucking shoving his cock in a fucking glass dancing, CHN and Okunbor, etc. Fucking loaf of garbage this lot, fuck off back to the 1900s you fucking senile dogs.
You lose your shit quick over rumours

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the numbers are 32 players and 18 staff... maybe that would be the case allowing for 3 extra spots?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the numbers are 32 players and 18 staff... maybe that would be the case allowing for 3 extra spots?
Might also include development contract players who become eligible for first grade at the end of June - may bethats changed as well

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Better off getting Korobeite from RA- he’d be a bargain $200k & an instant success for us on the wong
Is wong like Chinese goon? I think a spell on this piss before taking the field would definitely see us playing a much more entertaining style of footy.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about it look at Jackson Hastings would be a good buggies alright in super league he is 24 -25 odd so would be mature player crotric a must a korobete from rugby corpse would be ideal and a decent prop to partner Thompson and Darryl Clarke from Warrington would be worth a look younG plenty experience and not a lot of primo half’s on the market in the nrl or hookers have to think outside the box

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other immediate issue is actual money...every day the club remains closed there is zero money coming in for the football club...this is our bigger concern right at the moment
I don't think we will be making much of a dent in the player market. There's just not that many quality players off contract for 2021 in positions we desperately need.

It will be more stop gap options, veterans or other clubs scraps.

Our best hope will be other player movements in the NRL making contracted players become available.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about it look at Jackson Hastings would be a good buggies alright in super league he is 24 -25 odd so would be mature player crotric a must a korobete from rugby corpse would be ideal and a decent prop to partner Thompson and Darryl Clarke from Warrington would be worth a look younG plenty experience and not a lot of primo half’s on the market in the nrl or hookers have to think outside the box
Jesus! I almost ran out of breath reading that..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other immediate issue is actual money...every day the club remains closed there is zero money coming in for the football club...this is our bigger concern right at the moment
The NRL have provided their grant every month so that’s players paid and staff paid. Once the pokies start ticking over again everything will be okay it will probably take a few years to recover though which would probably be the case for most companies. Hopefully this is a good lesson for the club to be smarter with its money.

Reactions: DT

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a reason (multiple reasons most likely) why he is on his 4th NRL/ESL club (Chooks, Manly, Salford, Wigan) in 6 years and his 5th club overall (+StGeorge NYC) in 7 years. He signed a 2 year deal with Salford in July 2018 then a year later in July 2019 signed a 2 year deal with Wigan. I don't have an answer to the question mark that hangs over him, but there demonstrably is one.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is a reason (multiple reasons most likely) why he is on his 4th NRL/ESL club (Chooks, Manly, Salford, Wigan) in 6 years and his 5th club overall (+StGeorge NYC) in 7 years. He signed a 2 year deal with Salford in July 2018 then a year later in July 2019 signed a 2 year deal with Wigan. I don't have an answer to the question mark that hangs over him, but there demonstrably is one.

Go Dogs
Hastings had issues off the field earlier in his career. He seems to have matured and learned from that and only likely would have moved from Salford to Wigan as he played so well at Salford when he first arrived that he moved to a bigger club.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings had issues off the field earlier in his career. He seems to have matured and learned from that and only likely would have moved from Salford to Wigan as he played so well at Salford when he first arrived that he moved to a bigger club.
Hastings “ issues” off the field consisted of not suffering fools gladly. He was sitting behind J Maloney,M Pearce & even Scott Dureau in the pecking order order at the Roosters. At Manly he wasn’t in the DCE click & Barrett unfortunately supported & backed the club captain. Hastings is a fantastic organising half can play fullback & hooker at a pinch. Great general kicking game & accomplished goalkicker to boot. He’s matured over the past 2-3 seasons . A no brainer if the Club is seriously looking to be competitive moving forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hastings “ issues” off the field consisted of not suffering fools gladly. He was sitting behind J Maloney,M Pearce & even Scott Dureau in the pecking order order at the Roosters. At Manly he wasn’t in the DCE click & Barrett unfortunately supported & backed the club captain. Hastings is a fantastic organising half can play fullback & hooker at a pinch. Great general kicking game & accomplished goalkicker to boot. He’s matured over the past 2-3 seasons . A no brainer if the Club is seriously looking to be competitive moving forward.
I wasn't putting Hastings down. I was explaining the situation.. From memory didn't he have a punch up with a teammate? But I agree, he definitely deserves another shot in the NRL.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn't putting Hastings down. I was explaining the situation.. From memory didn't he have a punch up with a teammate? But I agree, he definitely deserves another shot in the NRL.
DCE at Manly.

Go Dogs