Social Media Return for Reynolds??

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if Foran and Reynolds could spend a season together uninjured as a halves pairing for us I wonder how they would go?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye said Grant was unproven in the NRL and there had been plenty of handy NSW and Queensland Cup players ''who haven't cut the mustard at NRL level''.
I find that quote from Mbye pretty ironic, considering he hasn't cut it in the nrl through multiple positions over the years.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok hold the phone!
A curveball has been thrown!
I'm surprised this wasn't foreshadowed.

Get this, after reports that the Tigers are willing to spare an extra 400 for Josh, none other than Ivan Cleary made an enquiry yesterday morning.

this makes perfect sense. Cleary is the one that lobbied the tigers for 700k a year, and now he has the option of getting him as a super sub for 300 a year.

I have no clue what josh thinks of this. Does he see Cleary as the guy that caused him problems or make it rain Benjamin's?

I don't know. But we have competition.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And a further thought.

we need to try something, so maybe it is a good idea to throw Josh a bone and see what he can do over the next 18 months.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And a further thought.

we need to try something, so maybe it is a good idea to throw Josh a bone and see what he can do over the next 18 months.
No thanks. As much as we all love grub as a person and a passionate bulldog. We don’t need him.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is plenty of other players we could get this season, we need a good centre and decent backrower asap.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find that quote from Mbye pretty ironic, considering he hasn't cut it in the nrl through multiple positions over the years.
That guy annoyed me more then any other player he’s fake as he has a ego so big he’s one of those players that fills a spot as a bridge but not enough to cement a position.. he lost qld that last game or the game before by trying to milk a penalty he has no heart so glad he left

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like he’s coming...
Hopefully they sign Heka Nanai and Daniel Holdsworth as well so they can go back to the glory years of wooden spoons and get more "Bulldogs DNA".

Whether this happens or not, it's clear that they're seriously considering it and that in itself is indicative of how little ambition, eye for talent or foresight they have.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully they sign Heka Nanai and Daniel Holdsworth as well so they can go back to the glory years of wooden spoons and get more "Bulldogs DNA".

Whether this happens or not, it's clear that they're seriously considering it and that in itself is indicative of how little ambition, eye for talent or foresight they have.
Hahahaha Heka Nanai he was a blast from the past... we have had some mediocre players in recent years.. I agree bro I’m not for this signing... but I think they want him for hooker since we haven’t been able to land hooker yet..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The price we bring Reynolds in for makes or breaks it for me. If we're able to get Reynolds for 350k I see almost no harm in it. 400k stretching it. Anything more and I will not be impressed. We're a basket case at hooker. I know Reynolds is most suited for five-eighth but I'm confident he can do a better job than JMK or Katoa at hooker (possibly 14 is his best position). Instantly more creativity and spark too. Will give me something to look forward to in 2020. My favourite five-eighth and possibly player to play for the club. This is similar to when Tigers brought Benji back. I'd still rather we sign Friend or someone on contract for 2021. It'll depend on the clubs plans if this happens tho (Foran going around again, thoughts on JMK, etc).

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

It's a very sad time to be a dog's supporter. The fact this is even being considered is disgraceful. It shows the club either can't make any decent signings or have no ambition to be the best we can be. The fact that some fans are happy to accept mediocrity shows just how far from being a powerhouse club again we are.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there looking for another half for 2021
Jake clifford
Nicho hynes
Drew hutchinson
Connor watson
Mason lino
Sean o sullivan
Lachlan lam
Ryley jacks
Jaemon salmon

If there looking for a hooker for 2021
Jake friend
Kurt baptiste
Andrew mc culloch
Slvia havilli
Nathan peats
Nathaniel roache
We should be signing a hooker now for 2021 as there is sweet fa options especially once one gets signed
Jake friend or nathaniel roache should be our next signing.

Followed by connor watson for 6 or 9.

Christian welch to partner luke thompson.

Kyle felt to partner hoppa on the right edge.

John asiata for the backrow/prop.
Centre is the position which will be hard to get .

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The price we bring Reynolds in for makes or breaks it for me. If we're able to get Reynolds for 350k I see almost no harm in it. 400k stretching it. Anything more and I will not be impressed. We're a basket case at hooker. I know Reynolds is most suited for five-eighth but I'm confident he can do a better job than JMK or Katoa at hooker (possibly 14 is his best position). Instantly more creativity and spark too. Will give me something to look forward to in 2020. My favourite five-eighth and possibly player to play for the club. This is similar to when Tigers brought Benji back. I'd still rather we sign Friend or someone on contract for 2021. It'll depend on the clubs plans if this happens tho (Foran going around again, thoughts on JMK, etc).
I'm almost certain in my bones that if he comes back it will be as a super sub to provide spark in the dying minutes and cover for spine and even a backline position like centre!!!

Modern day John Morris.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw you know another fun fact?
Last year Cronulla held talk with the tigers to recruit Reynolds this year and next.

the deal?
Cronulla wanted to chip in 85k and the tigers the rest.

The tigers were legit angry at Cronulla for wasting their time.

I won't reveal my source on that one but it was someone in the room.

Last edited: