Opinion War chest 2.0

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd be making inquires about Daryl Clake from Warrington wolves before going after Jake Friend. Clake is rated the best hooker in the esl. Still only 27 years old. Also has plenty of experience. If we are lucky he might be another Josh Hodgson.
Yep highly skilled player, was touted as the best hooker in SL (bar James Roby) when Hodgson came to Canberra. He'd excel over here however i think he'll be one of those that leave it too late.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd be making inquires about Daryl Clake from Warrington wolves before going after Jake Friend. Clake is rated the best hooker in the esl. Still only 27 years old. Also has plenty of experience. If we are lucky he might be another Josh Hodgson.
I don't know enough about ESL, all I know is that we badly need a hooker and the club needs to fucking get it's shit sorted and sign us one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hess was looking pretty good again start of this season, id take him for sure.
Ehh maybe, idk. Doesn't really matter who we recruit if we're signing Reynolds..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know enough about ESL, all I know is that we badly need a hooker and the club needs to fucking get it's shit sorted and sign us one.
They're paying 400k a year for Reynolds to be our hooker so in their warped minds they are solving the problem.

Never mind that we could have signed Robson or signed/loaned Grant for that much.

But why do that when you can play another player out of position?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They're paying 400k a year for Reynolds to be our hooker so in their warped minds they are solving the problem.

Never mind that we could have signed Robson or signed/loaned Grant for that much.

I see now they are saying the door is closing on the Reynolds deal, hopefully true would be a huge step backwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes agree, hope he's not on the way. And I was a fan back in the day, his times up and been up for a few years now.
I'm fucking furious, this type of signing would absolutely confirm how incompetent this current lot are along with Pay. No fucking ambition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

We're paying fucking DWZ more money to play FB (not a FB) than we offered Api to play hooker (actually a very good hooker). Absolute morons, fucking dumbcunts. Fucking culture this, fucking Bulldog DNA that, fuck off. Elliott fucking shoving his cock in a fucking glass dancing, CHN and Okunbor, etc. Fucking loaf of garbage this lot, fuck off back to the 1900s you fucking senile dogs.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would be going after the following;

- Jamil Hopoate, Jack Murchie, Shane Wright (two of the three) - big, agile players that can bend the line and won't cost a fortune.
- John Asiata, Christian Welch (would prefer Welch but Asiata has proven to be handy also)
- Nick Cotric (A MUST!!)
- Any of the hookers mentioned in previous threads (Friend, Watson, Mahoney)

This would remind me slightly of the solid recruitment drive in 2009 where we bought some solid performers like Ennis and Hannant and some up and comers.

Resign Foran (on less money obviously) and show faith in Wakeham and Averillo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like Matt Doorey has been promoted from development squad to top 30.

This is a pic from this morning and due to the strict numbers allowed at training because of corona only top 30 are allowed in the training facility.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sick of these pop words we've used over the years... "Warchest", "Rockstar Fullback", "Bulldogs DNA", "Madness", "Rebuild".

Over it!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This is a pic from this morning and due to the strict numbers allowed at training because of corona only top 30 are allowed in the training facility.
Looks solid... hope he gets a crack!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck to him
This is the time to throw some up and comers a bone.
Just before we spend big next year on well established top players!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

he's put on some weight!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Apparently 2 rookies have been promoted. Plus still 3 spots left in top 30?
That’s what I read somewhere anyways

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently 2 rookies have been promoted. Plus still 3 spots left in top 30?
That’s what I read somewhere anyways
If two rookies have been promoted that would mean there’s only one spot left in the top 30. I’m not sure who the other rookie would be it’s probably one out of Kalache, Katoa or Pitovao.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're paying fucking DWZ more money to play FB (not a FB) than we offered Api to play hooker (actually a very good hooker). Absolute morons, fucking dumbcunts. Fucking culture this, fucking Bulldog DNA that, fuck off. Elliott fucking shoving his cock in a fucking glass dancing, CHN and Okunbor, etc. Fucking loaf of garbage this lot, fuck off back to the 1900s you fucking senile dogs.
giphy.gif

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If two rookies have been promoted that would mean there’s only one spot left in the top 30. I’m not sure who the other rookie would be it’s probably one out of Kalache, Katoa or Pitovao.
That’s what I mean whoever is writing this up stuffed up somewhere, because it’s said that we’ve upgraded 2 players to top 30 (not sure when) but they’re saying that we have 3 spots in the top 30 to fill.