News Bulldogs star tees off in anti-vax critics as NSW makes stand-down call

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People have a right to choose what they put in their body. Making vacs mandatory is against any personal freedom we have.
How would anyone feel if their employer mandated them get a vaccine just because it is recommended?
Btw what does a flu vaccine have with COVID? Clearly nothing as it does not provide immunity against it so why force people to get it? Do some research before you take up the mainstream agenda without critical thinking.
Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. The players who have been stood down will still collect their pay cheques despite the fact they will be sitting on their arses after choosing not to do the responsible thing by their peers and the community.

The reality is these idiots could jeopardise the resumption of the competition by refusing to vaccinate. If they come down with fever and are part of a team unit, anyone who has been in contact with them- team mates, opponents, staff, officials etc will have to be tested and given the reality that testing is not 100 percent accurate, any player falling ill could cause a logistical nightmare for the game’s administration.

Not to mention the even broader issue that these players are endangering their own health, the health of their families and are encouraging members of the community to do the same based on nothing but pseudo science. A flu weakens a person’s immune system.... people who are immunocompromised in any way are at greater risk of suffering serious complications from COVID-19. It is those who refuse to make this connection and maintain flu vaccine has nothing to do with COVID-19 who lack critical thinking skills.

If Katoa’s son seriously developed adverse symptoms to the point of needing to be hospitalised after receiving vaccines, I suppose it’s possible he had a vaccination allergy. Anyone with a good medical reason not to be vaccinated who can provide supporting documentation from a doctor, should be exempt. But a member of a player’s family being medically exempt does not constitute a medical exemption for the player in itself. Unless Katoa has a good medical reason why he can not be jabbed, I hope the NRL does the responsible thing and sits him out for the season too.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if these idiots were alive in the 50's when TB outbreaks. They probably don't even understand what has happened before in Australia and what will happen if necessary.

For those who don't know chest xrays became mandatory for all if you show any clouds on your lungs the police would detain you place you in a facility. Where if you survived you where allowed to leave otherwise you died.

Families had no rights and weren't even able to say goodbye or any communications.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think it's important to acknowledge we live in a democracy and each person has a right to choose their own views on life. He's got every right not to get vaccinated, along with his children. We need to accept that.

However .... If such stances are made then those people making them need to be consistent in their approach. When performing CPR an extremely small percentage of incidents result in death because underlying issues or incorrect technique performed by the responder. Would Katoa and the like refuse CPR on a loved one based on this?

Every single operation brings risks that doctors can't predict. Of cause there are minimal anticipated problems for knee surgeries, but there are still risks. Would Katoa and the like refuse surgeries to normal injuries based on these small risks? Has anyone in football refused a surgery yet because of what happened to their uncle's friend?

As I said. People shouldn't jump on these antivaxers because of taking a stance as they've got every right to. It's the flip side of living in a truly democratic world that idiotic views still get aired. However, those players need to be consistent in their stance. They should stop getting surgeries. Any medical help whatsoever as they're risks to everything

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hypothetically if they made you take mandatory vaccines in the near future and they had microchip implants in them and you had no idea because they fooled you, how would you feel
And dont think micro chipping is far fetched, we see them in every second movie these days.... predictive programming

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People have a right to choose what they put in their body. Making vacs mandatory is against any personal freedom we have.
How would anyone feel if their employer mandated them get a vaccine just because it is recommended?
Btw what does a flu vaccine have with COVID? Clearly nothing as it does not provide immunity against it so why force people to get it? Do some research before you take up the mainstream agenda without critical thinking.
Mate. Bozzo is a perfect username based on this comment "do some research"

No one is claiming that it provides immunity. The NRL has been very clear about this. Considering that COVID-19 and influenza share very similar initial symptoms it'd be extremely beneficial to the club and NRL knowing that one of these potential illnesses is rules out. It'd enable a quicker response and allow health officials deal with it.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all behind giving the players a choice of whether to vaccinate or not, as long as they acknowledge that playing in the NRL is a privilege and not a right.

The NRL can choose what the entry requirements are. Just like the players can choose to vaccinate or not. Just like you can choose on whether you have a passport or not but to travel overseas you need one.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many of the anti vaxxers have tattoos?

aren't they scared about the implications that comes with needles repeatedly going under their skin

just saying

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
My Spidey senses tell me, that old mate didn't produce this statement all on his own.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You're right, flu vaccine has nothing to do with covid. The annual flu vaccine is designed to combat the common and expected seasonal influenza illnesses.
It's even more important to get it this year because of covid. Having influenza will considerably reduce your bodies ability to combat other diseases / viruses as it weakens your immune system, hence you're more likely to get covid amongst other ailments. Secondly, in the current covid climate, anyone with flu like symptoms will be presumed to have covid until proven otherwise. This means being off work and in isolation, putting undue pressure on your employer and those that live with you.
As far as I'm concerned, anti vaxxers are amongst the most stupid and selfish group of people to draw breath.
Totally agree.
Covid is a branch of influenza, like it is SARS. They are all in the similar virus family. That has been stated on many a show and newspaper article.
IF this bloke is an anti vaxx baby jesus saved my baby kind of bloke stand him down or move him on.
The bloody internet morons have started this stupidity along with the Earth is flat bullshit.
I wish this virus had a lot more Thanos effect about it at times

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The whole thing has been given way too much power already. Should have been simple however the NRL fuk it as usual by letting players rule. The simple stance was the NRL saying during to the current climate and for the survival of our sport then we need to have every player wanting to play this year must get the flu shot. Any players saying no will get that choice however unfortunately they will sit out. That's it!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically if they made you take mandatory vaccines in the near future and they had microchip implants in them and you had no idea because they fooled you, how would you feel
And dont think micro chipping is far fetched, we see them in every second movie these days.... predictive programming
I see lots of things in movies - never seen anything far fetched, even in cartoon movies - all believable and most likely to be true, happening or will happen soon.

Seriously - two aspects of the debate - 1. Vaccinations save lives and some people can have reactions to them 2. We can choose not to have vaccinations but with that decision comes consequence - choosing the decision is a lot easier than choosing the consequence.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am all behind giving the players a choice of whether to vaccinate or not, as long as they acknowledge that playing in the NRL is a privilege and not a right.

The NRL can choose what the entry requirements are. Just like the players can choose to vaccinate or not. Just like you can choose on whether you have a passport or not but to travel overseas you need one.
Well said - vaccinations save more lives than not.
Pain killers can have adverse effects - as Dylan Walker knows - yet players use them. Sometimes planes crash causing death but teams will use them - Science has far more upsides

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I need to have my shot yearly due to obvious reasons and my kids are up to date.

In Murika, they are saying "my body, my choice" is not applicable for vaccines and only for abortions.

Since Straya is catching up to the level of dumb fucks of Murika, I'm surprised this hasn't caught on here yet.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree.
Covid is a branch of influenza, like it is SARS. They are all in the similar virus family. That has been stated on many a show and newspaper article.
IF this bloke is an anti vaxx baby jesus saved my baby kind of bloke stand him down or move him on.
The bloody internet morons have started this stupidity along with the Earth is flat bullshit.
I wish this virus had a lot more Thanos effect about it at times
Covid 19 It is more like HIV in the way it attacks your body. As it attach itself to you t cells just as HIV the only difference is HIV can replicate itself.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see lots of things in movies - never seen anything far fetched, even in cartoon movies - all believable and most likely to be true, happening or will happen soon.

Seriously - two aspects of the debate - 1. Vaccinations save lives and some people can have reactions to them 2. We can choose not to have vaccinations but with that decision comes consequence - choosing the decision is a lot easier than choosing the consequence.
Some serious ‘microchipping’ tech right there to hide in a fluid thin enough to be administered with a standard needle! We needn’t worry - this from a bloke who said the virus was something being used by ‘them’ to control ‘us’. The prosecution rests...

And to your second point - agree 100%.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs star... lol