How long will Foran last?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we have 18 games left, he will only play a max of 9 of those if you go on the stats of the last 2 seasons.

I hope he somehow plays them all though.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see Foran playing any more than 30 mins of footy before he starts limping or carrying a shoulder.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We looked pretty good when Foran was on the park last year. I reckon a fit Foran can have us playing finals this year. I hope he stays fit, plays well, and plays on on ‘21 and maybe ‘22. If he does....no...when he does.... he’ll be back to one of the games elite. He’ll teach our next gen young halves plenty along the way. Best of luck Keiran

I was able to re watch our games vs Tigers and Souffs from last year which I had recorded, he was brilliant and we actually looked dangerous in attack. Unfortunately as we know his body ios broken and no amount of rehab will cure that. I hope he can stay on the field for whatever length of time the season runs this year but who knows.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You say that like it's a good thing. 50% is still a horrible percentage.

Last time I checked, playing half the games "isn't good enough" from anyone let alone your highest paid player and isn't "good value for money".
No I wasn’t saying it was “a good thing“, I was simply exposing another post that falsely claimed Foran had “mostly not been there”. The problem, as I see it, for us right now is that 50% of Foran is 75% better than anyone else we have.

Go Dogs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I wasn’t saying it was “a good thing“, I was simply exposing another post that falsely claimed Foran had “mostly not been there”. The problem, as I see it, for us right now is that 50% of Foran is 75% better than anyone else we have.

Go Dogs
Mate we have to look long term, Foran is not our future no matter how we look at it, our top play maker been in and out won't do the team any good even short.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to re watch our games vs Tigers and Souffs from last year which I had recorded, he was brilliant and we actually looked dangerous in attack. Unfortunately as we know his body ios broken and no amount of rehab will cure that. I hope he can stay on the field for whatever length of time the season runs this year but who knows.
Souths game was amazing , defence rock solid. People
Forget our team of nobodies and rookies beat a lot of star studded teams

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Skill wise Foz is still elite tier and can drag an entire team to victory, honestly if he never had his injuries he would imo be the best 5/8 and a top 5 player in the game right now.

Unfortunately for us he's injured and it was pretty damn obvious he was going to continue being injured on a regular basis, even when on the field he still limps around and struggles to keep with the pace yet can still contribute multiple try scoring opportunities.

I'm nervous about Foz staying on the field, he will mask a lot of our issues and the club for another season will struggle to move forward as a result. It's just too hard for me to believe in these people currently at the club to make the right decisions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate we have to look long term, Foran is not our future no matter how we look at it, our top play maker been in and out won't do the team any good even short.
What's long term these days? Contracts are commonly 3 years, there's very few at 4 years and even fewer are longer. We have 4 and maybe 5 young guys who will be NRL "ready" in 1 to 3 years and plenty on here have suggested grabbing a senior half for the next couple of years till 1 or 2 of those 4 or 5 prove to be quality halves. The problem as I see it is none of those 4 or 5 are proven, they show plenty of potential, but that's next year or the year after. So unless a quality, proven, NRL half becomes available for next year then we need the time to "grow" those with potential, either using what we have now or recruiting a senior half with a couple of good years left. None of whom are around in quality or quantity. Maybe Foran at 50% games played is better than the available alternatives.

Go Dogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes foz is a great player. But the second rowers,centres and fullback we provide compared to what he had to work with at manly is not even close.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths game was amazing , defence rock solid. People
Forget our team of nobodies and rookies beat a lot of star studded teams
He was a real terrier in that game and injured to boot. He kept on keeping on and for that he deserved praise.

We are capable, but it is a case of getting and keeping our elite players on the field for the whole of the season. I was excited when Foran came to the club because he can be a great leader around the park but his body has issues. We need to move on and if we are realistic about it all he won't be part of our plans past this season.

If only we could have had his footballing mind and skills in a body better suited to the way in which the game is played. I cannot fault him for his efforts in rehab and he seems to be genuine in his efforts to get out and play for us but we have to look to the future. In saying this though we have had players who were greats ( Lamb is an example) but who had to minimise training due to chronic problems but that was in the days when it could be carried on field by the other players. These days you cannot afford to have a player participating for short periods of the season or leaving the field consistently with injury, especially with us due to the inexperience of a lot of the other guys or indeed their actual suitability to the position in which they are playing..

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a mate that lives on the central coast and worked out at the same gym as Foran after he left parra. Apparently Foran told him that he will never fully recover from his shoulder injury and he just had to live with it and that hes working as hard as he can but might never get back to where he was at manly.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did we receive the compensation for his Kiwi match injury? Or nah because of covid interrupted season?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's long term these days? Contracts are commonly 3 years, there's very few at 4 years and even fewer are longer. We have 4 and maybe 5 young guys who will be NRL "ready" in 1 to 3 years and plenty on here have suggested grabbing a senior half for the next couple of years till 1 or 2 of those 4 or 5 prove to be quality halves. The problem as I see it is none of those 4 or 5 are proven, they show plenty of potential, but that's next year or the year after. So unless a quality, proven, NRL half becomes available for next year then we need the time to "grow" those with potential, either using what we have now or recruiting a senior half with a couple of good years left. None of whom are around in quality or quantity. Maybe Foran at 50% games played is better than the available alternatives.

Go Dogs
I don't think that both Averillo and Wakham are to far off from been NRL ready, Foran only use to our club in the future would be as a halves coach if he has the right temperament for coaching.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only way I’d re-sign Foran would be on a short term low $$$ contract game by game basis, and a guaranteed coaching position for an early retirement or some shit.
Bloke is as skilled as they come and can be a valuable asset post his football career.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
About as long as I do when shagging the missus :laughing:

So, not much hope of an extended period of time.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
dont want to nit pick but you didnt add in the 2 games this season, so yes foran has missed more games than he has played

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Only way I’d re-sign Foran would be on a short term low $$$ contract game by game basis, and a guaranteed coaching position for an early retirement or some shit.
Bloke is as skilled as they come and can be a valuable asset post his football career.
Not an option, our problem is not cash (once the leagues club reopens anyway) it's Salary Cap. The NRL includes the maximum amount possible that the players contract is valued at. So if the contract is, say, $20k per game for 25 games that's $500k in the Cap. If he only plays, say, 12 games although we might only pay him $240k the NRL has already included $500k in our Cap. That's why match payments used to be common before the Salary Cap was introduced but aren't now.

Go Dogs