News The best is yet to come for Wakeham: Henderson

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching Wakeham play for fiji against samoa excited me. If he can regularly produce efforts like that in the nrl he will be a good half for us.But in saying that I would love to get reynolds back hes experience and enthusiasm would be great for us it was a sad day reynolds was sold. He might take a big paycut to come back home. Just bring him on as a utility.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine if we won the comp with 9 reynolds 6 averillo 7 wakeham haha 3 local juniors finally
Bulldogs have always produced halves polla mounter lamb 95 then sherwin anasta 04 mortimer before that.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He might be good and end up great, but hes still a rookie. With 2 rookie halves at the same time we have a dismal win rate. It would also be better for his development if we had a good experienced half beside him. Foran would be exactly what we need if he wasnt injured 50% of the time.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it’s Maguire not liking Reynolds or the fact he wasn’t good enough to make the team? Show me your source for that if you’re so keen on them. What was so great about all the passion Reynolds had when he played at the Dogs? He was wildly inconsistent and erratic.

There’s a source for Reynolds
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/josh-reynolds/summary.html

There’s a source for Foran
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/kieran-foran/summary.html
At 23k a week,or 40k a game,a no brainer really
Apart from josh Jackson and to a lesser extent Aidan Tolman,he brings passion,something that jacko,spoke about last week when this subject was raised by the way were u at his last game for our club,to see the thousands at the end of game to farewell him,

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Wakeham isn't the starting halfback when the comp resumes. Then Pay is dead set kidding himself.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he has much potential. His attacking game has gotten worse each year. He's a tackling machine and not much else. He has zero upside.

The more he plays and shows how inept he is in attack, the more he scares off other teams and the less of a bargaining chip he is.
Coaching could play a massive role in his development and some clubs might still see the potential... For me his an all in all utility if he bulks up a bit.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Wakeham isn't the starting halfback when the comp resumes. Then Pay is dead set kidding himself.
Pay's been kidding himself for a while...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No it wasn't... it was warranted and was never going to be a major headache for the club considering his an easy trade.
It what universe was it warranted? Lol. Offered a deal before a ball was even kicked, absolutely ridiculous. Garbage halfback and fucking no club is going to go out of their way to try and trade for him lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coaching could play a massive role in his development and some clubs might still see the potential... For me his an all in all utility if he bulks up a bit.
I agree that some clubs might be interested and willing to take a chance on him.

But that's why I hope he doesn't play more FG. Then any potential suitors (if there are any left after the first two weeks and last year) would be scared off and we'd be stuck with him for longer.

I think the club should shop him as soon as possible and cut their losses.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At 23k a week,or 40k a game,a no brainer really
Apart from josh Jackson and to a lesser extent Aidan Tolman,he brings passion,something that jacko,spoke about last week when this subject was raised by the way were u at his last game for our club,to see the thousands at the end of game to farewell him,
The players putting in effort hasn’t been a problem for the last few seasons they just don’t have the talent. That is Josh Reynolds to a tee we don’t need another player like that.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know Daryl clarkes contract situation appartley his a gun hooker from the Warrington wolves. His rated as the best hooker in the Esl. His played 280 esl games. Played a few for England so very experienced. Although his not very young but still only 27. If we can get our hands on him And offer him a four year deal. It won't be the worst idea. From the highlights I've watched he looks very fast for a hooker no idea what his service and def is like. But I'd imagine there very good.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not totally against blooding Averillo in the centres if Foran is actually going to be somewhat fit enough, both Averillo and Wakeham would learn a lot playing alongside him. But if we're starting someone like Lewis or Cogger ahead of him in the halves then I'd be pretty filthy.

Still think bringing in someone like Friend would be massive if we go with a Averillo/Wakeham combo next season, defenitely need some experience to ease the pressure on them. A fullback that can actually pass a ball would also be nice..
Freddy Fitler, Laurie Daley, SBW and a bunch more super stars all were bled in the centers so their body’s build and their minds adapt to playing week in, week out FG. I think it’s not a bad idea to give Averillo a center position. Hopefully it fils a gap for us until 2021.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Freddy Fitler, Laurie Daley, SBW and a bunch more super stars all were bled in the centers so their body’s build and their minds adapt to playing week in, week out FG. I think it’s not a bad idea to give Averillo a center position. Hopefully it fils a gap for us until 2021.
You can have a bit of a rest in the centres too and choose to inject yourself more and more

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players putting in effort hasn’t been a problem for the last few seasons they just don’t have the talent. That is Josh Reynolds to a tee we don’t need another player like that.
I agree to disagree,and I guess that's what this forum is all about,discussion