Bryce Cartwright Saga

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have to comply by rules and I am.

The employer is the one who is denying me the opportunity to work via government directions. I would like to work so could the NRL please write to the Government and get me granted an exemption so I can work.

A grade tools these players are and it is no wonder people are becoming disillusioned with the game due to the cock eyed way in which it is run and the perception of the players that they are entitled to be different from the rest of us...I got a flu jab and also got a certificate stating I have to hand to my employer.....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right, it doesn't mean that I would have been exposed, but the chances of it are higher then if I lived in a bubble in suburban sydney.
I've had measles. Wasn't great, but survived. So I'm not pretending that my "choice" would protect me.
Happy to hear you survived something serious like the measles bro. That’s definitely a rough one.
Did you regret not being vaccinated when you were suffering from the measles?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bryce-...g-waiver/397b72f7-d9f2-43a2-a87c-0513e6462de1

Bryce Cartwright is set to be stood down by the NRL as it toughens its stance on vaccination following pressure from the federal government.

Cartwright initially refused to sign a waiver accepting liability for refusing to take the flu shot, however the waiver looks set to become irrelevant with reports suggesting the NRL will adjust its policy to align with Prime Minister Scott Morrison's 'no jab, no play' suggestion.

That would rule Cartwright out indefinitely, and he is not alone, with three Raiders players also refusing the flu shot due to religious beliefs.

Among those players is Test star Josh Papalii, who did not attend the first Raiders training session after the COVD-19 shutdown as he sought clarity on the NRL's vaccination policy.

Cartwright, Papalii, Sia Soliolo and Joseph Tapine are the four players who have made headlines since the flu jab was raised as an issue but there are likely to be several others at loggerheads with the tough stance.

The vaccination story moved swiftly today, with Cartwright reporting to Titans training after agreeing to sign a waiver that had been softened from the document he initially refused to sign.

Based on yesterday's advice from ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys that would have cleared Cartwright to play but according to Nine News sports editor Cameron Williams, V'landys and the NRL made the call to toughen its stance on the basis of advice from its medicos and the tough rhetoric coming from senior figures in the federal government.

"Titans coach Justin Holbrook is 100 percent correct when he says Cartwright has signed new waiver and is compliant. Trouble is the medicos and politicians don't accept the waivers. No jab, no play and sensible forces at NRL know this," Williams tweeted.
We are treading on very dangerous ground here when a government is pressuring and threatening an individuals livelihood and God given freedom to chose whether they accept a vaccine or not to accept a vaccine! How dare they, who do they think they are? We all have the right to choose what goes into our bodies and our children not an elected Politician, this is just Governments playing God here, next they will force us all to accept the microchip in our palms no doubt but not me, they will have to persecute me first before I let that happen. We all need to take a stand against these assholes before they take control of every citizen on the planet like China is currently doing with their citizens!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are treading on very dangerous ground here when a government is pressuring and threatening an individuals livelihood and God given freedom to chose whether they accept a vaccine or not to accept a vaccine! How dare they, who do they think they are? We all have the right to choose what goes into our bodies and our children not an elected Politician, this is just Governments playing God here, next they will force us all to accept the microchip in our palms no doubt but not me, they will have to persecute me first before I let that happen. We all need to take a stand against these assholes before they take control of every citizen on the planet like China is currently doing with their citizens!
Umm

They will still be paid. Just can't play.

To be honest, the Titans will be stronger without Cartwright in the side.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope she does too. What I find concerning is why the NRL didnt tell the Titans players where to go but instead wrote to the government asking for the exemption???

Broncos didnt bat an eyelid. Had their shots done and dusted quick smart so they could get on with training and focus on the restart of the season. God I hate them. Sorry Kaz.
I know you don't.

I know they are your 2nd team.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know you don't.

I know they are your 2nd team.
lol, Ok you got me. Ill go to a print shop tomorrow and get them to put Boyds head shot on a shirt with the caption G O A T underneath.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They showed some clips of that maggot Taylor Winterstein on the news tonight, saying shit like how dumb it is that everyone is freaking out about a virus when our bodies are made up of bacteria and viruses, calling everyone ignorant.

People like her need to be removed from the gene pool.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They showed some clips of that maggot Taylor Winterstein on the news tonight, saying shit like how dumb it is that everyone is freaking out about a virus when our bodies are made up of bacteria and viruses, calling everyone ignorant.

People like her need to be removed from the gene pool.
Life was so much better when I didnt know what a 'Social Influencer' was :(

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be up to the individual.. but given the current situation, it’s a no brainer. Take the jab.!! Or don’t play.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not downloading the app they're setting up. But I'm observing social distancing and only going out when necessary. But a few hundred people who are going to be working closely together increase the risk of spreading the flu. If my grandmother picked it up due to a player's spouse catching the flu from a player she is at risk of losing her life. Assuming that a player might live with a wife and a couple of kids, it means that 480ish people might infect a further 3+ people per house. Right now we have a life threatening virus in circulation and respiratory medical equipment is going to be prioritised for patients with that virus. If we can mitigate the risk of spreading respiratory illness of any type right now E should. These league players are among a group of people earning big money for a job they love. If they're too selfish to take a vaccination that might help the general population they should be subject to losing their high incomes.

I've worked in a nursing home doing a job that was hardly glorious, didn't pay extremely well and generally was only rewarding in the fact that you could enrich the lives of the elderly in small ways. I had to get flu vaccination while working there and it wasn't any worse than a needle and a slight temperature for a day afterwards. These guys are extremely lucky to have a high paying career that they love but a few are so selfish that they're against making a small sacrifice for the good of others.

The thing is that this isn't an experimental drug or a chemical cocktail that has serious side effects, it's a weakened dose of the flu that will make it easier for people's immune systems to deal with. The players should have the ultimatum similar to what I had. Take the vaccine or find a job where it isn't required.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt change the fact the QLD premier faked a flu jab for the cameras.... I mean WTF... propaganda at it's best
You do know, the getting the flu jab for players came from Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmm, who will I believe. Scientists, vaccine and biosecurity experts who spent decades researching this stuff and strictly adhering to the scientific method, or some nrl WAGs who read something on Facebook a few years ago.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of nice big paragraphs full of useless information about everyones little stories, so lovely, just like our forward pack.
The only thing i wanted to read is deano refused the shot and was suspended forever.
Ps. Kaz. Your picture of that dog of a human being on the site of a club that has standards beyond that of a wanna be hard **** that terrorises people weaker than himself is a bit not needed wouldnt u think. I know u 2 headed queenslanders think its ok to support mongrel human beings like that, but fairdinkum the bloke should of been stoned half to death not representing rugby league.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

ah..no.
no jab, no play & no pay is a well known doctrine in this nation.
Sorry (not sorry) anti vax nut jobs can tell their story walking.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m just disappointed in the NRL for not making all their players stand down just leaving the Titans players hanging. Should be the same for all despite different state rules

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cartwrite goes missing in the field anyway, all th talent and size but literally steps out of the way and let’s tacklers though, if he didn’t have his dads last name he’d be in reggies. Good riddance the games gone above and beyond to get your pay and your occupation on track but still they wanna say no to a common flu
Administered by medical professionals, I got my shot once . And believe me my dad and I had the flu last year, the medication is called Tamflu, I was bed ridden for nearly a week and a half, my dad sweared it almost killed him. So proud of the government finally putting these ungrateful sacks of shit in their place .. when the average Aussie earns $600-1200 a week and they’re on average of 7k a week at a minimum it makes you flustered at how ignorant they are . Maybe I am dunno but I think it’s fair to say no jab no play.