Social Media Return for Reynolds??

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Says quality recruits so I guess we can cross Josh of the list :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
Yeah he later said josh is a quality player and they’re looking for quality players. But hasn’t talked to him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you watch Channel 10 news? I missed it but apparently Pay was confirming he was keen on bringing Reynolds home...
Had heard that also but thought it was only a rumour.

Bring home the Reynolds I say!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Had heard that also but thought it was only a rumour.

Bring home the Reynolds I say!
Bro if we do bring him back which for the record I am not overly keen on.. I think it should be for hooker to try and spark things. Foran is due back and we need game time for our future Wakeham and Averillo. I’d hate to jeopardise their development.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro if we do bring him back which for the record I am not overly keen on.. I think it should be for hooker to try and spark things. Foran is due back and we need game time for our future Wakeham and Averillo. I’d hate to jeopardise their development.
Man. I just don't know. The reality is the Foran is here so why would we even contemplate bringing Reynolds back? Especially when we've got players like Wakeham, Averillo, and even Lewis to play next to Foran. It makes no sense at all, which is why I honestly don't believe for a second that the club will be considering it.

We need a ball playing second rower, and a back. End of.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What superstars have the Eels signed?

Well they have put together a top 4 side, won’t be naming what stars because you will just shoot it down saying they are shit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they're actually chasing Reynolds then the situation is worse then we thought. They should try and sign Hodkinson while they're at it. And Bryson Goodwin to round out the recruitment drive.

Surely they can't be that dumb and desperate to sign Reynolds. Then again, nothing would surprise me these days.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well they have put together a top 4 side, won’t be naming what stars because you will just shoot it down saying they are shit
No just generally curious. The only one that was a State of origin player of the top of my head was Ferguson. He’s a very good winger. Who else have I missed?

They have a good squad but the results haven’t always backed that up. Not to many superstars hit the open market these days.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No just generally curious. The only one that was a State of origin player of the top of my head was Ferguson. He’s a very good winger. Who else have I missed?

They have a good squad but the results haven’t always backed that up. Not to many superstars hit the open market these days.
Matterson is a top quality back rower. Rcg ain’t to bad either

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Joey johns saying we should be going for jake clifford not reynolds hes spot on
Clifford...ehh no thanks, bit of a sideways move as he's no better than the youngsters we have.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Clifford...ehh no thanks, bit of a sideways move as he's no better than the youngsters we have.
I agree I just don’t want to see. Averillo or Wakeham development stifled. If we signed a fullback or a centre yeah all for it but a half when we have talent that need game time is silly... still got Foran there as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually like Reynolds due to his never say die attitude. He's one player that will spark those around him through determination when everyone is looking for inspiration. He's not a half with the most impressive skillset, but he doesn't go into his shell and let a loss happen without trying. Sometimes just seeing one player throwing everything into a game is more valuable than a talented player who will wait for things to happen. But right now I think the ship has sailed on his time with the club. We have a bit of a log jam with halves. Between Lewis, Cogger, Foran, Wakeham and Averillo we have three players that are going to miss out. I know Reynolds spent a lot of time at hooker in his junior days, but with his injury history, throwing him into a position where he'd be tackling forwards all game wouldn't be ideal. If we got him very cheaply I'd be ok with having him at the club. But I just don't see it happening.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay brings in Reynolds and Pay should be shown the door IMMEDIATELY!!

Thanks for the memories Josh, but if we want to get out of this league hell we are in we need to move forward.

reynolds??.... ffs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have some promising halves that will get roadblocked by him coming back and if he plays hooker you really have to question if his body could handle it. We also help the Tigers by getting rid of a shit contract for them. I really see no upside no matter how much we pay.
Can see pay never playing Katoa and starting JMK and Reynolds 14... Makes no sense when you have Lewis and Cogger also. Jack 100% deserves to stay and I dare say he will be shafted without getting a fair go.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs in talks to bring Josh Reynolds back to Belmore in 2020

Imagine, Bulldogs fans, Josh Reynolds and Kieran Foran leading your side around the park in 2020! Canterbury coach Dean Pay, for one, wants it to happen.

Talks to bring Canterbury favourite Josh Reynolds back to Belmore in season 2020 have begun, as Dean Pay confirmed his interest in the Wests Tigers playmaker.

The Bulldogs coach said he was open to signing Reynolds, who is currently contracted to the Tigers until the end of season 2021, but that he had not spoken to him personally.

While Pay might not have made contact himself, News Corp Australia understands that Reynolds and his management held talks with Canterbury club officials on Anzac Day to discuss the local junior’s potential homecoming.

“At this stage I haven’t (spoken to Josh) but if it gets tossed up, we’ve got some spots available, he’s a quality player but there are some circumstances you need to get past before anything can happen,” Pay said.

Any move now hinges on the Tigers and their willingness to release Reynolds from the final two seasons on his deal and the rival clubs agreeing on financial terms.

“It’s been tossed up in the media over the last few days … what we are interested in is some quality players and that’s what he is,” Pay said.

“Josh has to go through the Tigers and see where he is at with that, but again from our point of view, if that was the case we’d have to have a look at it.”

After 138 games and seven seasons at the Bulldogs, salary cap restraints forced Reynolds to walk away from the club. He signed a lucrative four-year deal with the Tigers only to be told he was free to look elsewhere in June last year.

A homecoming for Reynolds and a timely return from injury for playmaker Kieran Foran could see the experienced halves duo lead the Bulldogs around the park in 2020.

Before COVID-19 forced the season into a six-week suspension, Foran was set to miss at least 13 rounds. But the hiatus means the New Zealand international could be back in the first few rounds of the season resuming on May 28.

“He’s going really well, he’s done everything so far. He trained today and obviously there is no contact in our training at the moment so he’ll jump into some more intensive training over the next couple of weeks. That’ll have a big bearing on whether he comes back in the next round of footy or not,” Pay said.

The Bulldogs lost winger Jayden Okunbor and forward Corey Harawira-Naera on the eve of the season after the NRL deregistered the pair for their role in an off-season sex scandal.

They will also be without new recruit Joe Stimson after he suffered a season ending shoulder injury.

Rather than look elsewhere for a short-term fix, Pay is happy to turn to the talent within his own ranks to replace the trio.

But Pay will still need to go turn to the open market to fill the final three spots in his top 30.

“There’s been no footy over the last six or seven weeks, we’re always looking at bringing in some quality players and it has to be the right players, our squad at the moment has players that are fit and healthy so there is good competition for spots here at the moment but it’s quality players out there that we’re interested in,” he said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...0/news-story/079ee5bd7d23d8a2579df99f2fe9a7d9