John Bateman

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we have plenty of money to throw at Bateman.
Fifita is out of our reach, he wont leave Broncs.
Would certainly be a step up from pays normal player signings

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bateman would be a like to like swap for CHN as they are very similar players.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well I think this has fuck all chance of happening, but heres hoping. Who knows though, let's say negotiations are on hold and Canberra win a title he might feel like his job is done and take the coin from the highest bidder. Could see us doing something fucking stupid and giving them Topine if it does eventuate

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If they couldn’t afford Bateman’s raise they wouldn’t have signed Rapana back.
You’d offload Whitehead or Tapine before Bateman was even discussed
Id definately take Tapine too, has a few penalties in him but that's because he has some **** in him and plays hard.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant imagine any truth to this,could not imagine Canberra letting him go

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Bateman would just head back to the ESL if he didn’t get his asking price from the Raiders..
He would walk back into any ESL team,and after all the Covid situation,would probably have a strong want to be back around family and friends in England..
Definitely wouldn’t say no to him for 550k for 3yrs..
He would become a leader and possibly a captain within next year or so

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bateman is worth 700-750k easily relative to what other forwards are on if we're basing it off the old cap.

He's more talented than Arrow, Lodge, Chrichton, Klemmer and other forwards on similar money.

If the cap is reduced 20%, then he'd be worth 550k..

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be happy with 700-750 anymore than that I’d just wait for topine to come through the ranks and buy a cheap stop gap for now

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be good to get him! Money and Thompson could make it possible. But I doubt it. I thought he only just re signed for more money last year?
I think it’s a gee up

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be good to get him! Money and Thompson could make it possible. But I doubt it. I thought he only just re signed for more money last year?
I think it’s a gee up
Only signed his first nrl contract last year, signed until end of this year with next year an option in his favour, he believes that he’s worth more and Canberra can’t give him more so he can turn that down and sign elsewhere, been told cash is his main priority.
as for Reynolds when do coaches tell the media the truth

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only we had an influential veteran player from the UK who could convince Bateman to join us.......

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only signed his first nrl contract last year, signed until end of this year with next year an option in his favour, he believes that he’s worth more and Canberra can’t give him more so he can turn that down and sign elsewhere, been told cash is his main priority.
I hope your right mate. We need a good signing. Thompson is a good start but with Bateman aswell that would be sick. Just need a gun centre like cotric and we will be top 8 for sure

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As per nrl.com Bateman is contracted for 2021, no player option.
Still I hope you're right, Bateman in a Doggies jersey would be a beautiful sight.