Bryce Cartwright Saga

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no jab no play is sickening surely this will be fixed asap

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the flu last year . Believe me it’s fucked I was bed ridden for Nearly 2 weeks, nearly killed my dad :(! I agree witn government also put these spoilt brats in place . It’s not even a bad thing , what if nrl gets a flu out break! Then what ? Last thing you need is any journos having a sniff saying it’s covid . Nrl media is the worst I swear

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Antonio Winterstein 's wife thinks Covid 19 is a hoax. (she should be put to sleep.)
I didn't know that but I trawled through her accounts when she was on A Current Affair once a while back. She is an absolute shit stain of a person, not only does she have ridiculously stupid beliefs, but she profits off suckering in other vulnerable people who believe the stupidly dangerous shit she says.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least you would have a choice.
but they have a choice. They can play NrL and get a flu shot or they can sit the season out and wait till next season. In the mean time go grab a normal job like everyone else and best of luck with that considering the unemployment happening

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fair enough.

If you were getting no pay and a good paying job said you had to get the flu shot to work for them and make a living and there was no other job that would pay you anywhere near the same salary would you do it?
The players signed their contracts with no stipulations about the flu vaccination. You can't just add new rules after someone has signed a contract. The players should still get paid whether they take the flu shot or not also whether they play or not.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The players signed their contracts with no stipulations about the flu vaccination. You can't just add new rules after someone has signed a contract. The players should still get paid whether they take the flu shot or not also whether they play or not.
So if they should be paid why did they agree to a pay cut ? Because they can’t get paid in the current environment of no work. To be paid most of their salary they need to work which means the competition of 20 rounds needs to go ahead and to do that the NRL wants all players jabbed. If they are not happy sit the year out no one will begrudge them off that it’s their choice.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So if they should be paid why did they agree to a pay cut ? Because they can’t get paid in the current environment of no work. To be paid most of their salary they need to work which means the competition of 20 rounds needs to go ahead and to do that the NRL wants all players jabbed. If they are not happy sit the year out no one will begrudge them off that it’s their choice.
How stupid are you really? You want any workforce to make any rule whenever they want and if their workers don't agree then they are fired? So next week the NRL makes a rule that all players have to be butt fucked before they play or they are fired is that OK? KFC makes a rule that all females need to be on the pill or they are fired is that OK?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are so many flaws to this though. The Covid 19 virus can be in your system for weeks with no symptoms, so how will they know if someone has it before they have already infected others? They plan to check their temperature for signs of fever, but even this is not a perfect system. Also, if every player has a flu shot bar a few, then the majority are also not at risk of getting the flu, or for that matter showing symptoms. So the few that don't have the shot get stood down immediately to remove the risk of a potential Covid virus, and the rest of the team are fine. It just doesn't make sense for it to be mandatory!
Personally, I'm on the fence in regards to immunisation on a whole. My mother decided to not immunize me and my siblings, due to the fact there were very few long term case studies to confirm the immunizations had no drastic medical side effects. I'm personally glad that she didn't, as I have a very good immune system, and i think this is part of the reason. I have an actual proper flu once in the past 10 years, and i very rarely even get a cold.
On the other hand, i have had immunizations when I have travelled to certain countries, and my wife is a nurse and she mostly have all of her shots regularly. So I'm sure our kids will end up having theirs as well. But personally, i could go either way.
One thing I really do dispose though, is the government insisting you have to do something. Even childcare nurseries insist that kids have their shots now. But if your kid has had theirs, they are no longer at risk if another kid gets sick. So what's the issue???
I hear that weak argument all the time.

because newborns etc can’t get vaccinations so are susceptible.

so some non immunised kid gives a newborn whooping cough for example and kills it. Imagine how you would feel being the mother of that newborn.

IMO not immunising your kid is extremely selfish

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Cartwright.

Seriously, fuck this arrogant Prima Donna and his obnoxious stupid skank of a wife. Same goes for those morons at the Raiders. I truly feel sorry for their children.

Anti-vaxxers are absolute scum, and are a fucking cancer on society. They should be given absolutely no quarter. Ever.

Just get the fucking shot, fucktard. Oh, you're worried about toxins, big man who has his own name tattooed on himself... then he even has the hide to say he's being bullied and is not an anti-vaxxer. Not fooling anybody.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How stupid are you really? You want any workforce to make any rule whenever they want and if their workers don't agree then they are fired? So next week the NRL makes a rule that all players have to be butt fucked before they play or they are fired is that OK? KFC makes a rule that all females need to be on the pill or they are fired is that OK?
What a ridiculous comparison they are only getting immunisations to get the comp rolling again. Would you rather they shut down the season because 20 blokes wont get a needle?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow you have issues. No point having a discussion with you butt fucker enjoy your day.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Cartwright.

Seriously, fuck this arrogant Prima Donna and his obnoxious stupid skank of a wife. Same goes for those morons at the Raiders. I truly feel sorry for their children.

Anti-vaxxers are absolute scum, and are a fucking cancer on society. They should be given absolutely no quarter. Ever.

Just get the fucking shot, fucktard. Oh, you're worried about toxins, big man who has his own name tattooed on himself...
yep, they think they know better than the thousands of medical professionals and scientists coupled with decades of research.

They have no issue with getting litres of ink injected into their skin though lol.
They also believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and strippers with a heart of gold

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3 Titans players stood down.

Bryce Cartwright, Nathan Peats and Brian Kelly — had been stood down by the NRL while the ARLC reviews its stance on anti-vaccination.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/g...e/news-story/3ae13d1ceb4ee4f2e768a9d1cbf8af1b

Also.

Players from Manly, Canterbury, Canberra and the Gold Coast are believed to have refused a shot and must now decide whether they will sign the amended waiver.

The Daily Telegraph reports those players included Gold Coast star Cartwright, Manly trio Dylan Walker, Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake, Canberra’s Josh Papalii, Sia Soliola and Joe Tapine and Canterbury’s Sione Katoa.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its the wife of Frank Winterstein not Antonio
It's Brooke, wife of Antonio.

Not Taylor wife of Frank.

She sells some shit to the gullible. And her sister is a scam artist as well.

Instagram closed her account, because of what she posts.

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nsw qld vic state government health advisers along with the nrl officials came to an agreement that for the nrl to start up again that all players were to be vaccinated for the flu, this was a major step in allowing teams to train together again

from what has been reported the nrl never communicated to the health officials there were a number of players who for what ever reason did not want the jab, now the nrl has allowed training to start without abiding by the strict rules given to them, the health officials are not happy with what the nrl has done, they made it clear what was to be done and now its 20 plus players and some staff that are not yet vaccinated

its a tough one either way

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL flu shots: League makes decision on renegade players
The NRL has stood down three Gold Coast Titans players who have not been vaccinated, including anti-vaxxer Bryce Cartwright.

Three Gold Coast players who have not been vaccinated have been stood-down by the NRL after refusing to receive their flu shot.

The Queensland Government only supported the NRL’s season resumption on the proviso clubs adhered to strict biosecurity measures designed by the game, which included players being vaccinated.

The NSW and ACT governments have indicated they are comfortable with the NRL’s and won’t force vaccinations on players.

The NRL wrote to the Titans, Cowboys and Broncos on Friday afternoon to inform them of their “no jab, no play” decision, which has been backed Queensland’s chief medical officer Dr Jeannette Young.

Gold Coast’s Bryce Cartwright has been stood-down and it has been reported Brian Kelly is another. Teammate Nathan Peats also delayed getting his flu shot but said he only did so because of a “bad experience” at South Sydney in 2012. He indicated he will now have his shot.

“Seen my name in the media regarding getting stood down for no flu jab,” Peats posted on Twitter. “It has nothing to do with some other players and being anti vaccination. “Myself, wife and both my sons are vaccinated. I’ve spoken to the club and will get the jab this afternoon. I had the option to say yes or no and I chose no for that reason. If I knew it would blow up I would have said yes straight away.”

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he agreed with the “no jab, no play” policy but left it to states to enforce.

“The states and territories have to determine what the healthy requirements are as they apply to the NRL,” Morrison said. “If they were insisting on that then I would think that was totally reasonable.”

The decision comes after about 20 NRL players were mulling up their futures after the NRL agreed to amend a waiver yesterday.

Raiders star Josh Papalii – who also objected to the vaccinations – broke his silence on Thursday night telling The Daily Telegraph he was confident the issue would be resolved shortly.

“The NRL are working on it so it’s all good,” Papalii said. “Hopefully it’s all sorted soon. I’m looking forward to getting back on the field and playing.”

The flu vaccine became mandatory for players this week as part of wide-sweeping biosecurity protocols adopted by the game. Players who wanted to skip the shot were given the option of signing a waiver with pre-approval by the club’s doctor.

However, they baulked at a clause within the waiver which would have them “acknowledging and agreeing” to a range of conditions for refusing the flu vaccine.

Instead the clause has been amended to indicate they acknowledge and agree they have been advised by a doctor of the potential risk-factors by not being immunised.

Despite the uncertainty, V’landys made it clear where the game stands after an ARL Commission meeting on Thursday.

“97 per cent of the players have been vaccinated,” V’landys said. “There is only a small percentage that haven’t. Our medical advice is that because it’s such a small percentage of players it doesn’t pose a risk.

“In our protocols we always allowed players to sign a waiver. It’s a minor change.

“We have changed it to say they acknowledge the doctors have told them it is a health risk. The clause has been changed that they have been advised it is a health risk.

“It has no effect on the waiver. All the rest of the clauses that were taken out will be put back in and if a player doesn’t sign the new form they won’t play.

“The (change is being) finalised and we want it signed as soon as possible.”

The NRL’s integrity unit reached out to club’s on Thursday to find out exactly how many players and officials as part of the new 50-person training roster had yet to have the vaccine or sign the waiver.

Penrith’s Api Koroisau has thrown his support behind Cartwright on social media. It is understood Cartwright is not the only Titans player who was yet to receive an injection.

Australian Medical Association NSW President Dr Kean-Seng Lim described any anti-vaccination stance as “selfish” and dangerous to the community.

Dr Lim said a slip in vaccination rates could allow deadly diseases to return to Australian communities.

“Vaccination is one of the great success stories of modern medicine and good public vaccination campaigns have led to the eradication of previously life-threatening illness like small pox,” he said.

“It’s a shame to see some of these illnesses comes back because of falls in vaccination rates and we need to be constantly vigilant that we have a good level of immunity in the community to prevent these diseases from coming back.”

“The whole story of vaccines being unsafe keeps coming up again and again and this is something which has been constantly evaluated and studied and there is no evidence for these reports.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/152383ac5b9b6cd81dc3a98ec1a92a99

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a ridiculous comparison they are only getting immunisations to get the comp rolling again. Would you rather they shut down the season because 20 blokes wont get a needle?
It's not a ridiculous comparison. It's about people's rights not being taken away from them. You can't force people to put things into their own body without their consent.

The Flu shot has literally NOTHING to do with the coronavirus. They have played over 100 years without the flu shot being forced.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow you have issues. No point having a discussion with you butt fucker enjoy your day.
I have issues? you're the brain dead sheep that can't think for yourself.