George Pell

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s the story from the Daily Telegraph who has two of Pell’s greatest supporters, Devine and Bolt..I wonder what spin they will put on this.. I dare say the Royal Commission has got it wrong..blah blah.. Yet they agreed with the High Court.. Can’t pick and choose when both represent the top of their respective examinations..but they will..

Source: The Daily Telegraph
Journalist: Shannon Deery, Herald Sun
Date: Thursday 7th of May 2020

Cardinal George Pell knew children were being sexually abused by Catholic priests as early as the 1970s, the child abuse royal commission has found.

The damning finding, which contradicts persistent denials of knowledge by Cardinal Pell, has been made public today after being kept secret for more than two years.

The commission found Cardinal Pell was aware of allegations against a string of priests including Gerald Ridsdale, John Day and Ted Dowlan.

Cardinal Pell was a key witness in the commission’s probe into the Ballarat and Melbourne dioceses where he worked alongside notorious paedophiles and at times held senior positions.

But the 2017 findings, that were released just months after the Cardinal was charged with child sex offences, remained redacted until today so as not to prejudice his criminal matters.

His recent High Court acquittal cleared the way for the findings to be published in full.

The commission found Cardinal Pell must have been aware of children being abused in the Ballarat diocese from the 1970s.

In particular, it found Cardinal Pell must have been aware of the crimes of notorious paedophile Gerald Ridsdale, who he shared a home with for a short period in the 1970s.

The Cardinal has persistently denied knowing the extent of Ridsdale’s crimes until the 1990s.

Ridsdale has admitted abusing hundreds of children, saying he lost count of his victims.

“We are satisfied that in 1973 Father Pell turned his mind to the prudence of Ridsdale taking boys on overnight camps,” the royal commission said.

““The most likely reason for this, as Cardinal Pell acknowledged, was the possibility that if priests were one-on-one with a child then they could sexually abuse a child or at least provoke gossip about such a prospect.

“By this time, child sexual abuse was on his radar, in relation to not only Monsignor Day but also Ridsdale.

“We are also satisfied that by 1973, Cardinal Pell was not only conscious of child sexual abuse by clergy but that he also had considered measures of avoiding situations which might provoke gossip about it.”

Cardinal Pell became a consulter to Ballarat bishop Ronald Mulkearns, who Pell claimed deceived him about the abuse crisis.

But the commission found that was unlikely.

“It does not logically follow that a bishop would deceive his appointed consultors, particularly given that it would be likely that they would find out elsewhere,” it found.

“Furthermore, given that Cardinal Pell would have been surprised if Bishop Mulkearns had deceived him, it is likely that he knew of Ridsdale’s sexual transgressions.”

While the commission was scathing of parts of Cardinal Pell’s evidence, in other areas it found in his favour.

In particular, it rejected claims he had tried to bribe the nephew of Ridsdale, David, to keep silent about his own abuse.

It also rejected claims by one witness he’d overheard Pell joke about Ridsdale with a fellow priest at a funeral mass in Ballarat, saying “Haha I think Gerry’s been rooting boys again”.

Attorney-General, Christian Porter, said the Royal Commission’s Terms of Reference required that its work did not prejudice any current or future criminal or civil proceedings. “The Commissioners delivered both a redacted and an un-redacted version of these three reports, and recommended that the full un-redacted reports be tabled and published at the conclusion of any relevant criminal proceedings,” the Attorney-General said.

“Based on advice that criminal proceedings have concluded and therefore the full version of these reports may be published, I have tabled the reports and ensured that they are fully available to the Australian public.”

Testifying to the royal commission, Cardinal Pell said he was the victim of a widespread deception, lasting decades, that kept him in the dark about child abuse.

But counsel assisting asked the commission to find he was involved in knowingly shuffling at least one paedophile priest between parishes.

Cardinal Pell has strongly denied the claims.

Pell was a Ballarat priest from 1973 until 1984, overseeing the diocese’s schools and at times acting as an adviser to the bishop.

He also served as one of the Melbourne archbishop’s advisers while an auxiliary bishop between 1987 and 1996.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need those High Court judges to take a look at this on Pell's behalf as well ! ;)
High court judges ruled on a technicality. It's extremely hard to prove paedophilia cases from decades ago. The victim doesn't have accurate reflection, hence these cases can go this way.

NOTE the high court judges found the victim to be a COMPPETELY CREDIBLE WITNESS, however the case could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

It's expected that the usual crew on this forum misrepresent the findings of the high court judges for their own benefit. But I guess you get that when you listen to andrw blot

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how they refer to him as a Cardinal in 1973. Are people aware that in 1973 he wasn't even a Bishop... let alone a Cardinal? He was a regular Priest.
Most people are well aware of what's been going on and it's not if he was a cardinal or priest in 1973. It's that Pell has been covering up pedos for decades while the churchies can't seem to call this guy out for the dog he is.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
High court judges ruled on a technicality.
You always refer to it as a technicality. You simply can't accept the fact that there was no evidence against him, and he should not have been convicted to begin with. I take it you're more knowledgeable about our laws than all 7 Justices who threw his conviction out of court when they considered the evidence against him. Why don't you go ahead an become a judge then?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Most people are well aware of what's been going on and it's not if he was a cardinal or priest in 1973. It's that Pell has been covering up pedos for decades while the churchies can't seem to call this guy out for the dog he is.
So why is it that something that happened in 1973 is his fault? Oh hold on... he had knowledge about sexual abuse, so surely this knowledge is more than enough for the Priests involved to get locked up now is it? If you come into a court of law with knowledge instead of proof, you'll be dismissed fast and be made a laughing stock of everyone in the court room.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You always refer to it as a technicality. You simply can't accept the fact that there was no evidence against him, and he should not have been convicted to begin with. I take it you're more knowledgeable about our laws than all 7 Justices who threw his conviction out of court when they considered the evidence against him. Why don't you go ahead an become a judge then?
You've displayed exactly my point.

The high court judges found the victim/witness CREDIBLE!!!!! Meaning that they didn't think he wasn't lying.

HOWEVER, the benchmark for evidence, to come to a judgement of "beyond reasonable doubt", was not met.

That's hardly a glowing "Pell got off and was completely innocent" judgement. It's very simply that a level of reasonable doubt exists.

But keep spinning the BS you're spinning.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So why is it that something that happened in 1973 is his fault? Oh hold on... he had knowledge about sexual abuse, so surely this knowledge is more than enough for the Priests involved to get locked up now is it? If you come into a court of law with knowledge instead of proof, you'll be dismissed fast and be made a laughing stock of everyone in the court room.
The RC found that Pell LIED to the RC about knowing that children were being abused.

The RC found that given Pell knew and he did NOTHING to prevent the harm of children.

Those other priests have already been convicted.

The RC's findings were Pell knew and he lied about knowing and that he did NOTHING to protect those children.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol does anyone actually think Pell is a poster boy???

He chose the institution over his faith. He chose the church over his religion.

No one is saying all catholic priest are pedos. But there is no shame in pointing the pedo priests out and pointing out the people that by protecting the church, protected the pedos.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol does anyone actually think Pell is a poster boy???

He chose the institution over his faith. He chose the church over his religion.

No one is saying all catholic priest are pedos. But there is no shame in pointing the pedo priests out and pointing out the people that by protecting the church, protected the pedos.
I certainly think that the Catholic church has worked hard to ensure that someone of his high standing within the church was not convicted. So yes he's a poster boy of sorts. My logic tells me that the history of attempting to cover things up should make witnesses within the church questionable too.

Covering up these crimes hasn't protected the church in my opinion. It's really served to bring a bad image to mind for anyone that doesn't already have an emotional and spiritual bond to them. Continuing to cover these crimes up will harm their ability to bring in new parishioners.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
because in 1973 he knew about child abuse and made moves to cover it up, that's his fault

also there was direct evidence against him in court, stop acting like you are not a retard

Wahesh

Reaction score
because in 1973 he knew about child abuse and made moves to cover it up, that's his fault

also there was direct evidence against him in court, stop acting like you are not a retard
:kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My **** of an aunty used 5grand of my grandparents money to donate to the Catholic church so she could look good " slimey **** thinks she can buy her way to heaven" they bought theses challices which you could probably pick up on eBay for $2 the share of that 5 k my father should of inherited would be about $1700 out of that $1700 the old boy would of bought me a beer and prawns which would fill my heart with as much joy.
In short the Catholic church can fuck off they cost me prawns

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to be cheerleading for a Pedo Protector mate. Just let it go and admit that he is a dog.... He knew grown men were assaulting vulnerable children and sat back and done fuck all. That's the definition of a dog. Gutless coward. Trying to put forward arguments to protect this dog is laughable and shows how blinded some churchies really are

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I certainly think that the Catholic church has worked hard to ensure that someone of his high standing within the church was not convicted. So yes he's a poster boy of sorts. My logic tells me that the history of attempting to cover things up should make witnesses within the church questionable too.

Covering up these crimes hasn't protected the church in my opinion. It's really served to bring a bad image to mind for anyone that doesn't already have an emotional and spiritual bond to them. Continuing to cover these crimes up will harm their ability to bring in new parishioners.
I can't quite remember if the previous pope had rumours circulating him about covering it up. But I know the current pope has rumours that he played a major part in cover ups in Argentina.

And given some the absolute disgusting things the current pope has said (saying victims are in cahoots with the devil) , it doesn't really seem like they've cleaned up their act

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't quite remember if the previous pope had rumours circulating him about covering it up. But I know the current pope has rumours that he played a major part in cover ups in Argentina.

And given some the absolute disgusting things the current pope has said (saying victims are in cahoots with the devil) , it doesn't really seem like they've cleaned up their act
I hadn't heard that about the current Pope. I actually thought he was a bit decent in the fact that he actually had a more hands on approach to meeting the parishioners. But until such time as they throw the guilty out of the church these rumours are going to carry momentum.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s so f*&king sad..all those vulnerable kids lives altered forever..lost their innocence when they should have been playing and having fun.. Pedophiles and those who cover it up are tarnished with the same brush as far as I’m concerned..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I like how they refer to him as a Cardinal in 1973. Are people aware that in 1973 he wasn't even a Bishop... let alone a Cardinal? He was a regular Priest.
they are referring to him as his title now, its like saying in 1985 president Obama became the community organiser in Chicago

btw shows how your brain operates if your biggest take away from the article is that they incorrectly named him cardinal