9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Britt
16. Ogden/Sue/Tolman
17. C.Smith (as cover for outside backs)

Much bigger stronger starting pack. Rfm won't need to play 80 as Smith or Britt can cover him for a while. Jmk no 80 either as Katoa can cover him.
Like this team except rfm off much plays much better as a prop than out wide,id swap him and britt,isn’t c smith out for the year?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averilo needs to be in the starting line up.

1. Meany
2. DWZ
3. Averilo
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Need a miracle or katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Britt
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. To'omaga
16. Odgen
17. JMK or similar
That's probably my favourite line up with what we have. I really like that backline and we will see if Meaney can cut it at full back.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Dwz (last chance)
2. Meaney
3. Averilo (outside of Foran)
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran (then Averilo)
7. Wakeham
8. Renouf (No Tolman)
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Britt
16. Ogden/Sue/Tolman
17. C.Smith (as cover for outside backs)

Much bigger stronger starting pack. Rfm won't need to play 80 as Smith or Britt can cover him for a while. Jmk no 80 either as Katoa can cover him.
Im not a Tolman fan but he’s 20 times the player Chris Smith is even if you put him in the backline. Smith has done nothing to warrant a first grade spot ever. Agree on Jake needs to be in the starting lineup somewhere we aren’t winning shit this season even with a healthy Foran. Give the kids some game time see what they have.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averilo needs to be in the starting line up.

1. Meany
2. DWZ
3. Averilo
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Need a miracle or katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Britt
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. To'omaga
16. Odgen
17. JMK or similar
I prefer Hoppa at fullback just to give us another genuine ball playing option through the spine and potentially giving Harper a run at centre and seeing what he can offer. Not against giving Meaney a run at the back though and seeing how this spell compares to his first spell. I'd also try to start one of our more powerful forwards through the middle in place of Elliott/Britt.

Either way we have a few different options so hopefully Pay is a little adventurous with his selections and gives them a couple of games to try and out it together instead of just playing it safe and just struggling our way to a bottom table finish.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
DWZ is still our fullback. There was an interview the other day and DWZ said he is training closely with the halves (the topic was on Kieran Foran).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Dwz
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa/ Jmk
10. Napa
11. To’ omaga
12. Jacko
13. Elliot
14. Averillo
15. Rfm
16. Britt
17. Ogden
That’s how I’d try it for round 3
I like this lineup, except there's no way I'd put To'omaga on an edge. No where near enough lateral movement. He would get found out quick smart.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
DWZ is still our fullback. There was an interview the other day and DWZ said he is training closely with the halves (the topic was on Kieran Foran).
And that's exactly what's wrong with the club :grinning:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The footy has been missing so long now when you include the long off season and players have come and gone, I cant tell if we even have 17 players to fill a team anymore.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we are being a bit hard on DWZ. All he needs to do is catch those balls. I'm sure everyone knows that, the club knows that and he knows that, and they are practicing at training to rectify this issue.

I seriously don't think DWZ will come back and have any trouble under the high ball.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we are being a bit hard on DWZ. All he needs to do is catch those balls. I'm sure everyone knows that, the club knows that and he knows that, and they are practicing at training to rectify this issue.

I seriously don't think DWZ will come back and have any trouble under the high ball.
It's not just the high ball its his creativity that's his biggest issue.

He runs hard and that's basically it he really has no passing game and for a team like ours we need every bit of creativity we can get in the key positions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Lol

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go this way but I no it will not happen

1. William Hopoate
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Morgan Harper
4. Jake Averillo
5. Remis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Sione Katoa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Raymond Falatia-Mariner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott
Bench
14. Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Renouf Toomoga
17. Dean Britt

If Adam Elliott is out still up in NT I put Britt to lock and bring Sue to the bench

I found it hard to leave Meaney out but Harper desvers a spot in the backline and I think DWZ is best suited to the wing hoppa back to 1 and Averillo in centres and remis also back to the wing

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney
3. Will Hopoate
4. Jake Averillo
5. Remis Smith
6. Kieran Foran (Averillo to 6 and Harper to 4 if unfit)
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Renouf Toomoga
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. RFM
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

Bench
14. Jack Cogger
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Dean Britt/Chris Smith

Everyone has been way too harsh on DWZ... two average games doesn't make him a shit fullback. I don't have much on an issue with him and Meaney swapping in the event he gets exposed further under the high ball.

Another victim of harsh criticism is JMK. I think he did the best he could with what he has got.

Without out any go forward or second phase play, our backs are going to do fuck all! No CHN will do that to us which is why I am creaming to see Thompson and would love for us to sign someone who can break the line with an offload. Fifita would be a blessing but I am not even against Teo.

15 - 17 are very average footballers in my opinion (you can probably put Adam Elliot in there)... we need some game breaking forwards before we start poking fingers at the backs.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not just the high ball its his creativity that's his biggest issue.

He runs hard and that's basically it he really has no passing game and for a team like ours we need every bit of creativity we can get in the key positions.
Yes, ok
I think I have said this before, but is there any way we can morph both Hopoate and DWZ into the fullback role? DWZ can take the kick returns and Hopoate plays as a fullback when we are attacking? I know this isn't a really solid concept, but Fittler allowed Trbojevic to roam around in origin even tho he was a centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney
3. Will Hopoate
4. Jake Averillo
5. Remis Smith
6. Kieran Foran (Averillo to 6 and Harper to 4 if unfit)
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Renouf Toomoga
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. RFM
12. Josh Jackson
13. Adam Elliott

Bench
14. Jack Cogger
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Dean Britt/Chris Smith

Everyone has been way too harsh on DWZ... two average games doesn't make him a shit fullback. I don't have much on an issue with him and Meaney swapping in the event he gets exposed further under the high ball.

Another victim of harsh criticism is JMK. I think he did the best he could with what he has got.

Without out any go forward or second phase play, our backs are going to do fuck all! No CHN will do that to us which is why I am creaming to see Thompson and would love for us to sign someone who can break the line with an offload. Fifita would be a blessing but I am not even against Teo.

15 - 17 are very average footballers in my opinion (you can probably put Adam Elliot in there)... we need some game breaking forwards before we start poking fingers at the backs.
No, DWZ not being a fullback makes him not a fullback. You need a creative threat, and elusive runner and DWZ is none of these. Out and out winger and that's exactly where he belongs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really don't see the point of Christian Crichton... everyone knows what he is capable of and he doesn't appear to have much potential. Reimis Smith is a winger and needs a wakeup call after 2 consecutive underwhelming seasons and another 2 poor games to start the year.

Don't mind the halves combination. It is becoming clear that Lachlan Lewis isn't improving at the Dogs... I still believe he has what it takes but I don't think this is the correct environment for him... the rumored Lewis for Addo-Carr trade would have been really good for Lachlan's career.

Also sick and tired of RFM. The guy can't keep it together and is so inconsistent.
I thought Crichton went ok the first two games, Smith was average at centre however I'm happy with that team.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, ok
I think I have said this before, but is there any way we can morph both Hopoate and DWZ into the fullback role? DWZ can take the kick returns and Hopoate plays as a fullback when we are attacking? I know this isn't a really solid concept, but Fittler allowed Trbojevic to roam around in origin even tho he was a centre.
If DWZ is on the wing he gets his fair share of kick returns and first tackle hit ups anyway.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our attacking threats in the back row are looking rather grim now. The loss of CHN is massive maybe Britt can provide a bit of second phase play because if he doesn’t we wont be getting it at all. Having so many players of a similar style is biting us in the ass now.
Foran will take the ball to the line (unlike Lewis) so if we can get some of the forwards running hard at the defensive line, and they don't drop the ball, we may find a few more tries, hopefully.