How long will Foran last?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year of a huge contract. Other than whatever bone Des can convince Manly to throw him, at this stage I can’t imagine there would be many lucrative contracts coming his way despite what he is capable of on the field.
He wants to play on and he will no doubt give it his all on the field to get another contract, which will likely result in another long term injury.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s hope he stays injury free, and has a good rest of the year with us, that would be the the best thing to happen. A fit an ready Fozzy will help our team big time.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hope to see Foran and Wakeham in the halves as soon as possible.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: as long as his contract states

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just hope to see Foran and Wakeham in the halves as soon as possible.
While I agree I hope Wakeham has some better games than the last one. I am positive he will.
Foran with Averillo in the team to do an apprenticeship. These 2 are what we need to look at for the future, along with Topine, Tass and crew.
Averillo at the back maybe? That is if DWZ hasn't learned to defuse a bomb. If not Meany for sure.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure he will tear a pectorial putting the super tight jersey on.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he'll be fit cardio wise, but to go straight into NRL games with no proper preseason (there'll be no contact at training with these restrictions) will just make him more vulnerable than ever.

You can't replicate game like intensity and contact so for me he'd need to prove he could withstand a few knocks in a real game before he steps up to First Grade.

I know they'll rush him straight back and understand why because of the money he's on and because of his resumè but I just can't see it ending well.
The whole team will be undergone after 2 months of solitary. So your argument is nil and void. The preseason may as well never have happened.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can it be good for the development of our team to have a great player who is the game manger in for 1 or 2 games then out for 10.
With Foran history over the past 5 or so years our club has the option off, either short term gain for long term pain OR short term pain for long term gain, I hope they chose the latter.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yawnnnn.. another quality thread by the OP.
To be fair though, with no footy for 2 months and nothing else we haven't talked about already, it's hard to come up with much

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With Foran we can only hope he doesn't break again, we really need him, but it's hard to be optimistic with his history

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The player bashing gets a bit much though TBH
In forans case I think he had earned the pessimism about his body holding up. Let's hope he proves us wrong

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawnnnn.. another quality thread by the OP.
I think you were one of the ones that jumped on me when I predicted he’d suffer a season long injury within 5mins if he ran on the field for NZ.... look who was right there

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
do you think Pay has the ballsack to give Averillo time in the middle with Foran?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He sounded upbeat on that YKTR poddy with Pearce and Horo about his return

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
do you think Pay has the ballsack to give Averillo time in the middle with Foran?
No, not the halves pairing I would go with anyway. Foran/Wakeham with Averillo off the bench or starting centre. Need Averillo in the side and playing footy, kid is special and it would be a massive waste to not have him playing and continuing his development this year

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even a fit foran wont help us.... he wont be here next year

a few wins will disguise the underlying problem for next year

need the young kids to play or buy a fuckin elite player

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you were one of the ones that jumped on me when I predicted he’d suffer a season long injury within 5mins if he ran on the field for NZ.... look who was right there
I highly doubt it because I very rarely pay any attention to what you have contribute on this forum.