Social Media Return for Reynolds??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would this be the type of signing we would make ? What injured cooked players have they signed on big money to date ?
No one because they can't make competent signings.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the whole lockdown going on I've been rubbing sideways too!
Haaaahaaaahaaaa!!!!!!
As if women didn't have enough excuses anyways, now they can throw in "We need to practice social distancing you know".

Can somebody post the Telecrap story on the Bulldogs linked to Grub & others?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not interested in him either, 33 and hasn't played league since ??? I just don't see where the value is in this type of signing, rather risk it with a big play for Savea if we're looking into union buy even then that's a bit of a high risk move for us.

I just want these clowns at the club to get their fucking shit sorted. All they've done is talk shit...player development has been no where near good enough like they claimed it would be while the "Bulldogs DNA" was an absolute myth.

These c*** conned so many of our fans and these last few years have been completely wasted, called it from day one that they were just going to sit back and wait for the cap to clear itself. Don't trust them in the slightest to make the best decisions moving forward from here.
I'm not keen on Savea because it will probably take big coin to get him over and is no sure thing to be a decent NRL player.

I think the player development has been pretty good to be fair they just don't use them and favour plodders.

The biggest concern for me is that there are more holes getting created in the roster then they are fixing.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one because they can't make competent signings.
So what competent signings did you want them to do? DWZ , Stimson , Britt , Meaney, Thompson look like competent signings for the money we have. Just because the board isn’t over spending on what other clubs are paying for free agents I don’t see that as a bad thing.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many games has he even played in those two years? Lol. He isn't better than Foran and I don't want him starting over Wakeham or Averillo...better than JMK but still not good enough. Best role for him is off the bench on a low wage but I don't see that happening and I don't see him staying fit enough.
Hahahaha just trying to get you to have a josh reynolds blow up.

The bloke isnt what we need. Would be a backward signing

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what competent signings did you want them to do? DWZ , Stimson , Britt , Meaney, Thompson look like competent signings for the money we have. Just because the board isn’t over spending on what other clubs are paying for free agents I don’t see that as a bad thing.
DWZ - winger getting paid as a fullback

Stimson - lol. His off season proved he was made to lool good at storm. Lucky for CHN being axed, only way he got into the 17.

Britt - jury is out. Potentially a good buy.

Meany - fullback playing wing. Could be a great FB. Will always be a below average winger

Thompson - could work out as much as he could flop. If he flops, alot of cap space wasted

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol here we go with the cap excuse, biggest load of rubbish. Our recruitment is no where near good enough and some of you lot are way too easily fooled and giving this lot a free pass. I've said before what I think about our recruitment and honestly can't be bothered going over it again.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DailyTelegraph is reporting we are after James Maloney, Reynolds and Ben Teo....... Cant open it. Imagine 2021 having Thompson, Maloney and Teo added, yes please.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
DWZ - winger getting paid as a fullback

Stimson - lol. His off season proved he was made to lool good at storm. Lucky for CHN being axed, only way he got into the 17.

Britt - jury is out. Potentially a good buy.

Meany - fullback playing wing. Could be a great FB. Will always be a below average winger

Thompson - could work out as much as he could flop. If he flops, alot of cap space wasted
That's the big issue for me, there appears to a lack of genuine plan with our recruitment and targetting of players with key skills that are lacking in the squad and rather us just trying to get lucky with a signing or two.

You can go as far back as Burr, is he a world beater? Absolutely not, but he was a junior who came back to the club and had a great season in reserves a deserved a contract. Instead of rewarding him for his efforts we went out and bought Sue on more $$$ who in the end offered no where near the value that Burr offered the Warriors.

We spend too much time and money recruiting depth and squad players when a lot of them could've been promoted through the grades at the club. Yes they might not have been as good as what we got, but really the difference was minimal and I'd much rather sacrifice a bit of depth so we can nail down a genuine top 13 player for us.

DWZ like you mentioned simply wasn't a long-term solution at fullback yet the club goes and re-signs him, like c'mon. We're probably paying him more $$$ than we offered someone like Api who's a genuine spine player and solves multiple issues for us. Then again we also could've signed Api if we made a few better recruitment decisions like I previously mentioned with the money we saved.

It really irks me how easily people eat this shit up from the club and give them a free pass, yes there's a lot of limitations on what we can do but that doesn't mean they couldn't do any better.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not keen on Savea because it will probably take big coin to get him over and is no sure thing to be a decent NRL player.

I think the player development has been pretty good to be fair they just don't use them and favour plodders.

The biggest concern for me is that there are more holes getting created in the roster then they are fixing.
Yes I probably wouldn't sign him but he's defenitely someone I would be keeping an eye on.

When I say development i meant more in regards to the development of our roster like you mentioned. They've been here for years and how many players do we have established in their roles? Wingers playing fullback, wingers playing centre, no halfback, no balance in the forward back, etc. They've built and developed fuck all so far.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz article says we’re chasing Ben teo, James Maloney and Reynolds and one more

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz article says we’re chasing Ben teo, James Maloney and Reynolds and one more
And this is why I refuse to donate to the club... they cant be trusted to spend the money wisely.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is going to be a revision of the salary cap for 2021, very soon. It would be
difficult to commit to anyone without knowing what finances are available. We should still be in a good position to make offers.
Some other clubs have signed players on "overs" and they may have to renegotiate the contracts
to fit under the new cap. Its going to be a real mess. Just stand easy and wait for the outcome.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds -
less than 20 games over the last 3 seasons
Major injuries
31 years old
**** Can't pass
**** Can't kick
**** Can't tackle
HaS bUlLdOg DnA
Sounds like a perfect Dean Pay signing

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I probably wouldn't sign him but he's defenitely someone I would be keeping an eye on.

When I say development i meant more in regards to the development of our roster like you mentioned. They've been here for years and how many players do we have established in their roles? Wingers playing fullback, wingers playing centre, no halfback, no balance in the forward back, etc. They've built and developed fuck all so far.
Back when all this started they said 2021 was when we had “clear air”. I thought by this stage we would have a fairly solid squad that would be on the edge of the 8 and then we go to the player market to find the 2 or 3 players that would put us over the top into top 4 contention. It just hasn’t happened. There has been a little bit of roster improvement but it does feel like they have just treaded water for the last couple of years. They will already have their excuses lined up too in corona and the port stuff. Other clubs don’t sit back and wait until everything is perfect they work around it and find ways.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow if the club go and purchase josh renoylds
They will turn me off for a few years I can’t cope with more josh renoylds crap in the halves.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DailyTelegraph is reporting we are after James Maloney, Reynolds and Ben Teo....... Cant open it. Imagine 2021 having Thompson, Maloney and Teo added, yes please.
They need to stop reading the Kennel

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite what the salary cap is , two articles are claiming player managers are pushing their players towards us for 2021
As we have the most cash to spend