Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Ruby Princess fiasco stuffed us. The best move I think locally was forced quarantine into hotels for returning citizens. Loved hearing them whinge to about it too.
I flew back in Australia 12th of March I think if I made it back 4hrs ealier would not of had to do the 2 weeks quarantine at home, it turned out fine 2 weeks playing games was ok for me.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I flew back in Australia 12th of March I think if I made it back 4hrs ealier would not of had to do the 2 weeks quarantine at home, it turned out fine 2 weeks playing games was ok for me.
Yeah I’d be fine with it also. Although having to do it in a hotel as opposed to home would have been harder. But for some to complain about it was just ridiculous. My mate told a story early on, must of returned home just before any quarantine was required. He said there where Chinese people on the flight dressed in full coveralls, gloves even wearing face shields. The boys had a laugh, but makes me think what they knew and we didn’t at the time. My guess is there relatives where saying how bad it really was in China.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And there you go, multiple cases at a meat works. Couldnt imagine them all being ederly.
Just goes to show its still Russian roulette. People gathering socially in groups is just stupid and simply unnecessary. Ill still minimize contact with others. Go to the shop only when its necessary, bunnings as late as possible during the week etc and staying home. Still working but keeping visitors out of the workshop etc

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’d be fine with it also. Although having to do it in a hotel as opposed to home would have been harder. But for some to complain about it was just ridiculous. My mate told a story early on, must of returned home just before any quarantine was required. He said there where Chinese people on the flight dressed in full coveralls, gloves even wearing face shields. The boys had a laugh, but makes me think what they knew and we didn’t at the time. My guess is there relatives where saying how bad it really was in China.
‘not really A huge conspiracy that , face mask wearing is not as weird as it is here . Even now where I live 3 suburbs I’m surrounded the one that has more asians you saw people wearing face masks , the other 2 suburbs which was aussies and wogs , it was spot the face mask

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
‘not really A huge conspiracy that , face mask wearing is not as weird as it is here . Even now where I live 3 suburbs I’m surrounded the one that has more asians you saw people wearing face masks , the other 2 suburbs which was aussies and wogs , it was spot the face mask
Yeah I know. But these weren’t masks he said was more a shield, and one bloke had goggles on like he was going scuba diving.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The biggest question is whether strict lock down measures are actually effective.

Victoria seems to have been as strict or stricter than the other states yet they just had 22 new cases.

My feeling is that some lock down restrictions work and others don't. But thus far we have been told by government and media that ALL of the restrictions are necessary. Can't even play a game of golf in VIctoria from what I've read (which is ridiculous).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's about time Australia claims back that island East of us new south islands ,for compensation they can have South Australia and some scaffolding kiwis love scaffolding sorry @Scoooby time to pack bro
No new cases NZ. Good news, and nah Southey, No packing lols :tonguewink:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's about time Australia claims back that island East of us new south islands ,for compensation they can have South Australia and some scaffolding kiwis love scaffolding sorry @Scoooby time to pack bro
Does anyone still live in NZ? Thought they all moved here to Sth East QLD

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No new cases NZ. Good news, and nah Southey, No packing lols :tonguewink:
But we gave you centrelink taught you how to make pavlovas and Lamingtons, the least you could do is forfit your country, if you don't leave when the times right I will go back there I shall fart in the Christchurch gondola

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But we gave you centrelink taught you how to make pavlovas and Lamingtons, the least you could do is forfit your country, if you don't leave when the times right I will go back there I shall fart in the Christchurch gondola
That’s fine, I’m no where near Christchurch haha..!!! That’s South Island, I’m north, many miles away

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rotaries drug money here too mate. Anyways, you blokes build nice rota's over there. Puerto Rico, now that would be the place to go see Rota's.
Id go to NZ for old corolla stuff. We got K motors where you's got T motors (well you had K's in starlets). You got rear wheel drive starlets, we got fuck all. I suppose there all slugs. Your corolla imports better interiors too, you got Jap where we got slim pickings. Seem to be a few TE27's over there too, unfortunately Ill never be able to afford 1.
Bloke in NZ did the door cards and seat skins for 2 of my corollas, did an excellent job.

We might be waiting a long time for a Doggies final. Think the NRL will probably be dead by then:p

edit - @Scoooby

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest question is whether strict lock down measures are actually effective.

Victoria seems to have been as strict or stricter than the other states yet they just had 22 new cases.

My feeling is that some lock down restrictions work and others don't. But thus far we have been told by government and media that ALL of the restrictions are necessary. Can't even play a game of golf in VIctoria from what I've read (which is ridiculous).
"effective" is a relative term.

Do they work to reduce immediate deaths?

Yes. This is evident in the countries that didn't induce full lockdown vs the countries that did. Prime example. Compare two countries that got the virus around the same time and made the lockdown decision around the same time:

- Australia = full lockdown = 95 deaths out of a population of 25 million

- Sweden = no lockdown = 2,679 deaths out of a population of 10.23 million

For translation, Sweden's strategy in Australia could have resulted in at least 6,000 deaths.

But, the debate comes in when it comes to long term effects. Sweden may reach herd immunity while Australia won't. That means that Australia could still get those 6,000 deaths in the long run if a vaccine isn't found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.