Membership Pledge

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a reply from the club regarding refunds.

Thank you for contacting the Membership Team

The COVID-19 situation is changing quickly and the impact to the 2020 NRL season and to your membership is not yet fully understood.

With the NRL’s recent announcement it sounds like we will be getting back out on the park sooner rather than later and we can’t wait for Rugby League to restart this year.

As we work through various items relating to our Members, including how we can support those experiencing financial hardship, we will update you directly via email and on our website.

Thank you for being a Member of the Pack. Please stay safe and healthy during this difficult time.

Kind regards,

Stacie

I’m very disappointed in this response. Blind Freddy can see that crowds will not be allowed into stadiums this year. It’s now been 6 weeks since games were delayed. If members are supposedly so important to the club why hasn’t some form of protocol been put in place? All well and good to make us “pledge” our membership. But what about those that don’t want to? The whole process is starting to piss me off.

I see the Broncos have rolled there memberships over until next year. Club needs to be more proactive in this department.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The COVID-19 situation is changing quickly and the impact to the 2020 NRL season and to your membership is not yet fully understood.

With the NRL’s recent announcement it sounds like we will be getting back out on the park sooner rather than later and we can’t wait for Rugby League to restart this year.

As we work through various items relating to our Members, including how we can support those experiencing financial hardship, we will update you directly via email and on our website.

Thank you for being a Member of the Pack. Please stay safe and healthy during this difficult time.

Kind regards,

Stacie

I’m very disappointed in this response. Blind Freddy can see that crowds will not be allowed into stadiums this year. It’s now been 6 weeks since games were delayed. If members are supposedly so important to the club why hasn’t some form of protocol been put in place? All well and good to make us “pledge” our membership. But what about those that don’t want to? The whole process is starting to piss me off.

I see the Broncos have rolled there memberships over until next year. Club needs to be more proactive in this department.
Simply atrocious.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Kind regards,

Stacie

With complete respect - Broncos are a 1 town team. The Bulldogs are fighting tooth and nail with 8 other clubs.

You could argue that they were not proactive enough in this department, I would agree with you on that. But to say we should be on par with a team that has virtually 0 competition, and almost double our membership count + being a sponsors dream....

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have RAS as it is a lot cheaper and bulldogs season ticketed member. Refund or option to roll-over to the years should have the bear minimum given to season ticketed member.

RAS rolled over membership in Feb as soon as it look likely the Easter show would have to be cancelled which it did in March.

The clubs are crying poor do you realise they are still going to get 11.5 million of the 13 million NRL grant.

Also all the staff have been place on job keeper payment without even working. Then all this bs asking people pledge money seem crap to me as they are far better position 99% people that they asking.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With complete respect - Broncos are a 1 town team. The Bulldogs are fighting tooth and nail with 8 other clubs
Means nothing.

It's common curtesy to offer a refund. Not the poor woe is us, please pledge your money to a multi million dollar club.

The Broncos know people are struggling & decided to roll over memebership.

If members don't want that, they will get a full refund.

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Means nothing.

It's common curtesy to offer a refund. Not the poor woe is us, please pledge your money to a multi million dollar club.

The Broncos know people are struggling & decided to roll over memebership.

If members don't want that, they will get a full refund.
They offered it via pledging or not. You have the option to do so. I don't see what the big deal is?

If you cannot see that a company with much more financial support can offer a better outcome for customers than one in a lesser position, then I think you're a little bit delusional. The Bulldogs were one of hte first to stand down staff - including the Head coach. Had we not lost the financial backing of the Leagues club during this period, then I think it would have been a very different outcome. It also may of been the same for our customers, and how we treated them.

Here is an sporting example about another financially well off club, compared to another -

Look at Liverpool FC as an example. Club announces an $86 m profit ... a few weeks later, put all there staff on leave due to Corona. Everyone's expectation is that they should not have done that. Fair? Cool.

But what about a lesser club? What about the Newcastle United? Is it okay for them, considering they are in the same league, but making much less money? Well they did. Not a peep about it.

Just because a club operate in the same league, does not meant they are in the same league, financially.

Now you could argue I have put together an example of how clubs treat their customers v how they treat their staff. BUT! The key factor here is that in both situations, you have a big club - well backed financially. And another, that let's say aren't doing as well. And both of them reacted based on their financial status. Just like the Bulldogs did when it came to pledging memberships.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They offered it via pledging or not. You have the option to do so. I don't see what the big deal is?

If you cannot see that a company with much more financial support can offer a better outcome for customers than one in a lesser position, then I think you're a little bit delusional. The Bulldogs were one of hte first to stand down staff - including the Head coach. Had we not lost the financial backing of the Leagues club during this period, then I think it would have been a very different outcome. It also may of been the same for our customers, and how we treated them.

Here is an sporting example about another financially well off club, compared to another -

Look at Liverpool FC as an example. Club announces an $86 m profit ... a few weeks later, put all there staff on leave due to Corona. Everyone's expectation is that they should not have done that. Fair? Cool.

But what about a lesser club? What about the Newcastle United? Is it okay for them, considering they are in the same league, but making much less money? Well they did. Not a peep about it.

Just because a club operate in the same league, does not meant they are in the same league, financially.

Now you could argue I have put together an example of how clubs treat their customers v how they treat their staff. BUT! The key factor here is that in both situations, you have a big club - well backed financially. And another, that let's say aren't doing as well. And both of them reacted based on their financial status. Just like the Bulldogs did when it came to pledging memberships.
The club has not offered a refund
Noone at the moment is getting any money back

At this stage they have kept asking you to just pledge the money, the idea being they can hopefully get everyone to pledge and not have to come up with another idea or say sorry, not sorry under the act of god clause no refund for anyone

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you show me the link, where they offered a choice.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Speaking of memberships etc
Don't suppose anyone has the member discount code for the teamstore?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the front office is now like the rest of the once mighty bulldogs, a mess

unsigned emails requesting members pledge, no emails offering fans that are doing it tough a refund, its all about getting the dollars through the doors to make up for failings in other areas of the club, like sponsorship

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since March 23, the effects of Coronavirus have been felt not just by everyone here at Belmore, but by all members of our wider community as well. Throughout the weeks of government restrictions, lockdown and social distancing, we have been acutely aware that our Members will be waiting to hear how those restrictions will affect their 2020 Membership.

Now, with the resumption of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership we have been working hard to finalise our plan for all Members who have had their memberships affected by COVID-19. This has been a complex process involving organisations such as the NRL and Ticketek, and has required some time to work through the needs of all involved.

We greatly appreciate the patience of all our Members in allowing us to consider all available options.

We are in the final stage of this work and are committed to announcing this plan to all affected members by Thursday, June 18. This plan will be flexible enough to deal with any further developments on crowds or biosecurity restrictions and will clearly layout the next steps from both you and our club.

In developing this program, we have been guided by 3 principles; Loyalty, Fairness and Sustainability. In order to be as transparent as possible, we have published these principles below.

• Loyalty: Our main priority in this process is to ensure our community retains their connection with this club that we all hold so dearly. We will do everything we can to ensure that every Bulldogs Member can remain a member through this challenging time. Whether you are in your first year of membership or your tenth, you are an important part of our family.
  • Fairness: At the start of the year, you purchased your Bulldogs Membership and threw your support behind this club that we all love. As much as possible, we are committed to repaying that support and delivering each Member the experience that they expected in 2020. If we can’t deliver a material benefit to you due to COVID-19, we will ensure that you are compensated in a sustainable way.
  • Sustainability: Like many organisations, our club’s revenue has suffered greatly as a direct result of COVID-19 and Membership is a key component of our business’ strategy that will ensure Canterbury-Bankstown remains a force in the National Rugby League. There are some costs of our 2020 Membership program that will still be incurred, regardless of what happens in the rest of the year.
Once again, thank you for your support and patience over the last two months. It has been extremely humbling to see so many of our Members pledge their financial support in what have been extremely uncertain times and we hope that the return of football will at least give everyone a very welcome distraction at a time when we all need it.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/membership/2020-membership-a-message-to-our-members/

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Since March 23, the effects of Coronavirus have been felt not just by everyone here at Belmore, but by all members of our wider community as well. Throughout the weeks of government restrictions, lockdown and social distancing, we have been acutely aware that our Members will be waiting to hear how those restrictions will affect their 2020 Membership.

Now, with the resumption of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership we have been working hard to finalise our plan for all Members who have had their memberships affected by COVID-19. This has been a complex process involving organisations such as the NRL and Ticketek, and has required some time to work through the needs of all involved.

We greatly appreciate the patience of all our Members in allowing us to consider all available options.

We are in the final stage of this work and are committed to announcing this plan to all affected members by Thursday, June 18. This plan will be flexible enough to deal with any further developments on crowds or biosecurity restrictions and will clearly layout the next steps from both you and our club.

In developing this program, we have been guided by 3 principles; Loyalty, Fairness and Sustainability. In order to be as transparent as possible, we have published these principles below.

• Loyalty: Our main priority in this process is to ensure our community retains their connection with this club that we all hold so dearly. We will do everything we can to ensure that every Bulldogs Member can remain a member through this challenging time. Whether you are in your first year of membership or your tenth, you are an important part of our family.
  • Fairness: At the start of the year, you purchased your Bulldogs Membership and threw your support behind this club that we all love. As much as possible, we are committed to repaying that support and delivering each Member the experience that they expected in 2020. If we can’t deliver a material benefit to you due to COVID-19, we will ensure that you are compensated in a sustainable way.
  • Sustainability: Like many organisations, our club’s revenue has suffered greatly as a direct result of COVID-19 and Membership is a key component of our business’ strategy that will ensure Canterbury-Bankstown remains a force in the National Rugby League. There are some costs of our 2020 Membership program that will still be incurred, regardless of what happens in the rest of the year.
Once again, thank you for your support and patience over the last two months. It has been extremely humbling to see so many of our Members pledge their financial support in what have been extremely uncertain times and we hope that the return of football will at least give everyone a very welcome distraction at a time when we all need it.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/membership/2020-membership-a-message-to-our-members/

WTF what a load of shit , There are still Memberships costs no matter what the outcome , so they won't offer a full refund ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF what a load of shit , There are still Memberships costs no matter what the outcome , so they won't offer a full refund ?
I’m not sure. Probably better to send a email or call the club.