NRL axes controversial 'Simply the Best' ad for season restart

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would have made them look even more dumber if they didn't get rid of it seeing mitchell is front and centre

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What will we do now without Souths and Newcastle centric NRL campaign :p big loss for the game.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I remember when you were running down the points of why the ad was shit and one of them was simply that there was a fat aboriginal kid in it lol

was the problem that he was fat or aboriginal or both?

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I can see there's two reasons.
1. Latrine has disgraced himself.....again. As Latrine is the focal point, the ad has the same credibility with fans.
2. The Jooooooo is gone so they are going trash everything he did.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I remember when you were running down the points of why the ad was shit and one of them was simply that there was a fat aboriginal kid in it lol

was the problem that he was fat or aboriginal or both?
I wouldn't call Latrell a kid...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More money wasted. Creating that ad would have cost hundreds of thousands or even a million plus. Now they have to spend as much money making another one. The NRL waste more money than a Kardashian at a jewellery shop.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Latrell a kid...
I think he means the little fat one who ruined the 'simply the best' bit, which, ironically, was the best bit of the song.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The new simply the best ad managed to ruin the original ad. Probably a good thing it's gone.

I had so many fond memories from my childhood of the original simply the best ad. It was fkn awesome and I can still remember waiting all week for Friday night / weekend rugby league games just because of that ad. I used to run around with my footy at the local park pretending to score in the corner over and over.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The new simply the best ad managed to ruin the original ad. Probably a good thing it's gone.

I had so many fond memories from my childhood of the original simply the best ad. It was fkn awesome and I can still remember waiting all week for Friday night / weekend rugby league games just because of that ad. I used to run around with my footy at the local park pretending to score in the corner over and over.
The 'love is love' shit is what pissed me off. Using our game as a political tool during an era that divided our nation to try and promote the game was as petty as they come... then having that Macklemore prick stage his political agenda on our grand final stage... well let's just say I'm glad it's gone too.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The 'love is love' shit is what pissed me off. Using our game as a political tool during an era that divided our nation to try and promote the game was as petty as they come... then having that Macklemore prick stage his political agenda on our grand final stage... well let's just say I'm glad it's gone too.
Couldn't agree more. Rugby league is rugby league. It's a game played by big men who bash each other up on the field.

Pretending that rugby league is somehow about inclusiveness and 'diversity' is just BS and everyone knows it.

If I was in charge of an ad campaign I would focus on the things that people love about league. Fast paced excitement, big strong dudes and the impact it has on fans.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I think he means the little fat one who ruined the 'simply the best' bit, which, ironically, was the best bit of the song.
Yep, I was just taking the piss out of Latrell mate:grinning:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s how you make a successful ad. Put two videos side by side of the current sides and former sides , former refs and new refs, we don’t need your political correctness aka sucking who ever it is off to get some nice ness articles coming your way, seriously being a lefty is a full retard diseaze

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking 100 percent agreed on that note. The notion that we have to show we are proud is what pisses me off, YES WE HAVE WOMEN Playing, yes we have openly gay players , it’s been shown we are accepting because we choose them over Folau, I just wish someone could cut the bullshit and not play the PC brigade shit for once it’s honestly so old at times

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was in charge of an ad campaign I would focus on the things that people love about league. Fast paced excitement, big strong dudes and the impact it has on fans.
Stuff that.

Just bring back the biff.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An NRL ad needs only one thing in it:

People playing footy. Nothing more, nothing less.

That’s literally all the ad should be.