News Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell caught breaking COVID-19 rules (now with added Nathan Cleary)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck im glad these two fuck wits were not on our books already.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The NRL will investigate Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell after the superstar pair were photographed appearing to blatantly ignore social distancing rules during the COVID-19 crisis.

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph

NRL superstars Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo Carr have spent the weekend on a camping getaway, apparently disobeying strict COVID-19 social distancing rules.

On the day the NRL introduced new biosecurity measures at the 16 clubs, the Rabbitohs and Melbourne Storm players were on Mitchell’s farm near Taree with a group of 12 men.
They clearly ignored the social distancing laws in this photo taken by a camp fire that Addo-Carr posted on social media with other pictures of them on motor bikes and shooting.
The Daily Telegraph sent a copy of the photo to ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys on Sunday night. He declined to comment until he had all the details which he will ask for on Monday.

Clubs face hefty fines and the possibility of losing competition points if players break the COVID-19 rules.
Addo-Carr wrote on social media: “Blackfulla adventures Camping with the brothers on @iam_lm01 (Latrell Mitchell’s) property biripi country, throwing the bikes around & hunting, I’m next to buy a big property I think.”
There are also videos of Addo-Carr and Mitchell riding motorbikes without helmets.
Storm CEO Dave Donaghy was shown a copy of the photo on Sunday night.

“I wasn’t aware of this photo,” he said. “I’ve not spoken to Josh for a while. I can’t provide any context to it.

“Our players have been absent from the club since the season was suspended late last month, but when they are back on deck for the recommencement of the season they’ll be fully briefed regarding the protocols being implemented by the NRL and clubs.”

The Daily Telegraph attempted to contact South Sydney boss Blake Solly and Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose for an explanation.

Players have been released by their clubs and are not due back at training until May 4 but are expected to obey government guidelines.

Government guidelines state, people can only leave the house for:

# going to work or education (if you are unable to do so at home);
# shopping for essential supplies such as groceries, return home without delay;
# going out for personal exercise in the neighbourhood, on your own or with one other; or
# attending medical appointments or compassionate visits.
They are also expected to stay 1.5 metres away from others.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/9142b6e66946c3ff5369703a6161f7c1
If this was a Bulldogs player he would have his ads chewed out and sacked what it dead said joke the nrl is

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
This will only give more fuel to Loltrell and his racism agenda.

Cleary copped a 4k fine. While himself and Addo-Carr copped 20k fines.
Firearms charges etc are more serious than what Cleary did. The fines were piss-weak for all 4 players but the discrepancy between LM and JAC's fine and the fine given to Cleary and Tyrone-Roberts was fair.
Latrell will whinge about anything, he will be claiming Black Friday sales and school blackboards are racist towards Blackfullas and Mobs (and Brutha's). He's a sheep blindly spouting PC agenda's. Thank god the knob will be gone from the game within a year or 2, then he can go down the Mundine path of claiming racial bias in everything under the sun to try and stay relevant.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firearms charges etc are more serious than what Cleary did. The fines were piss-weak for all 4 players but the discrepancy between LM and JAC's fine and the fine given to Cleary and Tyrone-Roberts was fair.
Latrell will whinge about anything, he will be claiming Black Friday sales and school blackboards are racist towards Blackfullas and Mobs (and Brutha's). He's a sheep blindly spouting PC agenda's. Thank god the knob will be gone from the game within a year or 2, then he can go down the Mundine path of claiming racial bias in everything under the sun to try and stay relevant.
Mundine has gotten to him it seems. You hardly even see QLD based indigenous players get dragged into Mundine's mess, Thaiday, Thurston etc.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cleary too? Ffs. They should all be deregistered. Just call off the season. Too many idiots in the game who can’t be trusted.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine bellyache with Addo Carr .
And as for latrel the ducking idiot his own coach is vulnerable being 100 years old
And Cleary well I guess Ivan will have to ground him now

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will only give more fuel to Loltrell and his racism agenda.

Cleary copped a 4k fine. While himself and Addo-Carr copped 20k fines.
Tyrone Roberts-Davis was also with JAC and Latrell, and his fine was only 10 k.

You can call it inconsistent and a piss-weak start to Abdos career as the CEO, but you can't pull the racism card here.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can call it inconsistent and a piss-weak start to Abdos career as the CEO, but you can't pull the racism card here.
Abdos is just going to be another Muppet in this game. The NRL as a whole is fucked and I'm actually sick of it. I'm as over the NRL as much as I am the Coronavirus, and wish both of them would just fuck off a die already.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Abdos is just going to be another Muppet in this game. The NRL as a whole is fucked and I'm actually sick of it. I'm as over the NRL as much as I am the Coronavirus, and wish both of them would just fuck off a die already.
NRL won't die sadly. Channel narne won't let it.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Fining Roberts-Davis much less than the other two makes sense... he wasn't involved in any other stupidity and he doesn't even make that much money... he is a train and trail squad member i believe. Giving him a 60k fine is going to really do some serious damage to him.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abdos is just going to be another Muppet in this game. The NRL as a whole is fucked and I'm
what pissed me off just as much is the ex—player apologists banging on they the players now know the score and won’t do any breaches . Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t NRL say when game stopped at round 2 if players broke lockdowns they would be punished severely . Not sure what else these players need

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I called this the minute everyone was celebrating Greenberg being sacked. Greenberg had to go but what gave anyone any confidence that whatever other underling they appointed would do better? Or Vlandy's for that matter?

Whittaker, Moffatt, Gallop, Smith, Greenberg and Abdo... They're all as bad as each other.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
what pissed me off just as much is the ex—player apologists banging on they the players now know the score and won’t do any breaches . Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t NRL say when game stopped at round 2 if players broke lockdowns they would be punished severely . Not sure what else these players need
Exactly, they are grown men but get babied by others. No one should be apologising for them they should be berating them instead.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called this the minute everyone was celebrating Greenberg being sacked. Greenberg had to go but what gave anyone any confidence that whatever other underling they appointed would do better? Or Vlandy's for that matter?

Whittaker, Moffatt, Gallop, Smith, Greenberg and Abdo... They're all as bad as each other.
No confidence at all but Toddy needed to go no matter what. We as bulldogs fans were more so celebrating that the dictator of the NRL was gone, but with most dictators they are replaced by a carbon copy so the cycle continues.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Abdo is copping it a bit here and rightfully so, those punishments are laughable.
Just remember he's only acting in the position. It'll hopefully be it advertised and filled in time with someone with the balls to stand up to the players, clubs and the NRL itself.
I think Vlandys will end up running the game and the CEO position will become more of a second in charge type position.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abdo is copping it a bit here and rightfully so, those punishments are laughable.
Just remember he's only acting in the position. It'll hopefully be it advertised and filled in time with someone with the balls to stand up to the players, clubs and the NRL itself.
I think Vlandys will end up running the game and the CEO position will become more of a second in charge type position.
Vote of no confidence for Abdo. Just proves the role is untenable.