Happy 85th Birthday Bulldogs

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
On ANZAC Day in 1935, we played our very first game as the Berries in the old NSWRL Competition.

Happy Birthday to my club, and thank you for being a very big part of my life. I have every confidence that in time, our spirit and fight will be restored, and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs that everybody knows will be a force in the game again - we're too good not to.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly can't imagine what my life wouldve been without this great club. Well I guess I can at the moment because there's no footy!

All seriousness when I'd have a down week, it was a Bulldogs win that would pick me back up again. I've gone through some dark times, but without fail my Doggies were always there even if it was to give me 2 hours of being distracted from the real world.

I can't thank the club enough for the impact they've had on my life. I will continue to follow them through the bad and good times and hope my future children experience the same.

PS: Sorry haters, but the 1998-2009 Bulldogs logo will always have a happy place in my heart! Look at it! What a killer cartoon Bulldog it was!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, if I hadn’t if found this club at the age of 5 and to think it’s been a 33 year relationship.. that’s why I love this club an bleed blue an white.!!! Only team I care for and really only sport I have some much passion about.!!

happy bday bulldogs.

BULLDOGS FOREVER.!!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly can't imagine what my life wouldve been without this great club. Well I guess I can at the moment because there's no footy!

All seriousness when I'd have a down week, it was a Bulldogs win that would pick me back up again. I've gone through some dark times, but without fail my Doggies were always there even if it was to give me 2 hours of being distracted from the real world.

I can't thank the club enough for the impact they've had on my life. I will continue to follow them through the bad and good times and hope my future children experience the same.

PS: Sorry haters, but the 1998-2009 Bulldogs logo will always have a happy place in my heart! Look at it! What a killer cartoon Bulldog it was!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way the 78-95 emblem was the best and our most successful

WestenBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
On ANZAC Day in 1935, we played our very first game as the Berries in the old NSWRL Competition.

Happy Birthday to my club, and thank you for being a very big part of my life. I have every confidence that in time, our spirit and fight will be restored, and the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs that everybody knows will be a force in the game again - we're too good not to.

And here's why I love the Dogs, as a kid we moved from WA to NSW in 1979. From an AFL background the weekend we got to NSW it was the week of the grand final. Knowing nothing about rugby league, the underdogs (pardon the pun) were a team call Canterbury Bankstown.

Not knowing that much better, I went with these so called Bulldogs. I was hooked, and still am! We had success the following year! And years after.

I remember the 84 GF, with towels over the doors and windows to reduce the light as I watched my beloved Dogs win. My all time Dogs photo is Mark Bugden hugging the ball with a huge grin on his face as he held the ball tight to score the match winning try.

Later, In the days prior to the internet I moved overseas, my mum would send me over the RLW, sometime a weeks after the game, I would still read how we went.

Many many years later, I'm back in Perth and still, love my beloved Bulldogs. Our house still stops when the Dogs are on TV.

Will we be a dominant force again, who knows? The game has changed too much.

This club has given me so many happy memories.

One thing is for certain though....

Go The Doggies!!

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And here's why I love the Dogs, as a kid we moved from WA to NSW in 1979. From an AFL background the weekend we got to NSW it was the week of the grand final. Knowing nothing about rugby league, the underdogs (pardon the pun) were a team call Canterbury Bankstown.

Not knowing that much better, I went with these so called Bulldogs. I was hooked, and still am! We had success the following year! And years after.

I remember the 84 GF, with towels over the doors and windows to reduce the light as I watched my beloved Dogs win. My all time Dogs photo is Mark Bugden hugging the ball with a huge grin on his face as he held the ball tight to score the match winning try.

Later, In the days prior to the internet I moved overseas, my mum would send me over the RLW, sometime a weeks after the game, I would still read how we went.

Many many years later, I'm back in Perth and still, love my beloved Bulldogs. Our house still stops when the Dogs are on TV.

Will we be a dominant force again, who knows? The game has changed too much.

This club has given me so many happy memories.

One thing is for certain though....

Go The Doggies!!
Great story. It always interests me how people from outside the area become fans of the the team.
I follow Carlton because, as a kid I watched the VFL on TV and was mesmerised by a player called Alex Jesaulenko:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was born only a few hundred metres from what was then Belmore Oval. I grew up following the "Berries" with the original shield as our logo. It still has a place in my heart. Had a sticker of that shield on my first two cars.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would they ever neuter our Bulldog. He was fierce looking before they did that.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty successful when you look at all the people we’ve had represen the dogs. We’ve featured in 6 grand final for 6 wins.. and 8 runners up.. that’s nearly 10% of all grand finals ..

We are the dogs , we ooze success . Can’t keep us dkwn

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Pretty successful when you look at all the people we’ve had represen the dogs. We’ve featured in 6 grand final for 6 wins.. and 8 runners up.. that’s nearly 10% of all grand finals ..

We are the dogs , we ooze success . Can’t keep us dkwn
We've actually won 8 grand finals - 38, 42, 80, 84-85, 88, 95, 04 :grinning:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that’s why we rank 5th most successful of all time . Plus not only that we have the best win loss ratio against the storm

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also we are runners up 10 times so we basically been in 10% of all grand finals since coming into the Comp. and we’re also miles ahead of the sharks who’ve only won 1. People forget that we are still regarded highly