News Wayne Pearce, the NRL will ‘definitely’ return on May 28th

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL is a step closer to returning, with clubs approved to start a mini-pre-season next month ahead of the return of the sport on May 28th.

NRL clubs will be able to resume training from May 4 as the competition charges towards its planned May 28 restart.

ARL Commissioner Wayne Pearce confirmed teams would have a three-week pre-season before the competition resumed, ahead of a meeting with clubs on Wednesday.

The exact restructuring of the competition is yet to be confirmed.

“We reaffirmed that May 28 is the starting date for the competition, we also confirmed that teams will be able to train from May 4,” Pearce said.

“What we achieved today was a lot more clarity around the medical process and what those protocols are.

“What was also confirmed that the competition points that had been earned in the first two rounds will carry over to the extended competition.

“Everyone is supportive of what we’re doing. Everyone is unified into getting back on the field.

“We feel like we owe it to not just the players and coaches but the thousands of staff members at various clubs and associated industries that are out on the unemployment lines too.

“The key stakeholders in regards to the competition structure are the broadcasters so we’re liaising with the broadcasters at the moment.

“We hope that we’ll be in a position, sooner rather than later, to announce what the competition structure looks like and what the end date of the competition will be.”

Pearce praised the actions of the state and federal governments who had approved the return of the NRL.

“It’s great the broader infection rates have come right down, the government and public have done a great job,” he said.

“We wouldn’t be in a position as a code to fast-track what we’re doing if it wasn’t for the great work being done by the government and public.

“The more people that can play not just rugby league but sport the sooner, the better.

“In terms of punishment for players if they don’t adhere or club officials if they don’t adhere, that’s something that we’re working through as we speak. That’s something that we want to consult with those stakeholders so that we get some feedback and can be fair and reasonable.

“But we won’t be compromising on what the standards of behaviour and the actions that are going to be required.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/f76c2c1cdb13ff2b5eb520cbc7bd72cc

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The boys would be getting itchy feet and the public would be looking for something to inspire them, Australia is a mess and needs a brave front, play on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wonder if we won't score a try in our first game back just like in round 1

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Spcand I’m not sure why I got a disagree “x” but I Merely shared an article you fucking tool. I did not share an opinion or make a statement or view.
I literally shared an article indicating that the NRL will continue on a specified date.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Spcand I’m not sure why I got a disagree “x” but I Merely shared an article you fucking tool. I did not share an opinion or make a statement or view.
I literally shared an article indicating that the NRL will continue on a specified date.
They may have disagreed with the news.

I don't think the NRL should come back, until the virus is beaten.

The NRL is only coming back because they need the money.

The NRL shouldn't have been suspended in the first place, but it was so now they have to listen to the Drs etc.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They may have disagreed with the news.

I don't think the NRL should come back, until the virus is beaten.

The NRL shouldn't have been suspended in the first place, but it was so now they have to listen to the Drs etc.
I also think it’s ludicrous that the game will be allowed to continue so soon.

“Money over lives” should be the new motto of the NRL.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
How will training work May 4 is just around the corner.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not true, it's coming back because I miss the football, I want to see my team play, I'm sick of watching the wife's soaps because there's no footy, I'm going stir crazy not being able to yell at the refs, call the opposition wankers, there's gunna be a riot if the footy doesn't come back very soon, metal illness is on the rise, etc.

Maybe I'm not the only one.....

Go Dogs

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kieran Foran will be ready to play start of the restart?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fight fight fight fight!!!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if Wayne Pearce says it ok. Then i'm ok. To hell with health experts and annoying stuff like that.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seeing a lot less x's since a certain piss ant has been banned...

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha sorry it's not aimed at you personally. It's me completely disagreeing with this bullshit article.

The NRL needs to sit the fuck down and wait for official quarantine to be over like everyone else. Instead of trying to push for a restart and risk a second outbreak among their community.

And before you (not you personally, but everyone else) jump in with " they have measures, restrictions and fines in place to prevent the spread to community or from community". Yeah lol just look back at all the rules rugby league meat heads break each off season/season. Drink driving, wife beating etc. You can't control these idiots. Never. It takes 1 player to go out in secret and accidentally catch it and then you have 50+ caught it in one game.

NRL and Pearce are as disillusioned as I've ever seen. Close to Trump level. Lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I miss sport as much as anybody, but this should not be happening. It’s insane.