Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are developed countries not going into lockdown, and winning the battle against rapid infections. It’s not just Trump who wanted to do this. South Korea is a prime example. A country of 50mil people. Yes there probably more disciplined and appeasing to government directions, but it has worked.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No if your going to say things without anything to back it up its just make believe as far as im concerned and its not up to me to backup your statements for you, you know you just make shit up to suit your agenda.
I shouldn’t have to post links to prove what is common knowledge. You should be aware of the context of Fauci’s words at that press briefing and why he was dragged up there to defend his buffoon of a president. For the 4th or 5th time today, I’m not holding your hand to direct you to the truth. You can accuse me of making it up as much as you like. Anyone who has actually been following the issue knows you’re the one who is talking shit.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't been looking at this thread much today. Has anyone shared Trump trying to incite a Civil War?

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020...after-donald-trump-tweet/12160930?pfmredir=sm
Not sure if he's inciting a civil war, I think he's "inciting" his landslide re-election.
He's made this pandemic political and looking to win more votes from it .Time will tell if it backfires on him, but I get the feeling he will come out looking good from all this. Nothing sticks on Trump. He is very good at deflecting things on others.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey all..

Just thought I would pop on, an make sure everyone and their family’s are all still safe an well during this time, it’s been a long few weeks.. keep positive, and let’s hope this is all over soon.

stay safe fellow peeps.!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are developed countries not going into lockdown, and winning the battle against rapid infections. It’s not just Trump who wanted to do this. South Korea is a prime example. A country of 50mil people. Yes there probably more disciplined and appeasing to government directions, but it has worked.
The reason that South Korea is doing relatively well, despite not locking down is they had learnt from MERS.. As such they had models in place when to act And how to act.. Once the dangers associated with COVID-19 was alerted to..they got ready early and tested tested tested.. And as such identified where the threats of spreading were..Something the US failed to do.. importantly, they themselves feel that they are not out of danger, it only takes one undetected person with the virus to get through the testing and walk freely among them..as they and the rest of the public can do with no lockdowns.. to set the infection ball rolling again..

Here’s an excellent article on South Korea’s situation..
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...sharply-south-korea-whats-secret-its-success#

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The reason that South Korea is doing relatively well, despite not locking down is they had learnt from MERS.. As such they had models in place when to act And how to act.. Once the dangers associated with COVID-19 was alerted to..they got ready early and tested tested tested.. And as such identified where the threats of spreading were..Something the US failed to do.. importantly, they themselves feel that they are not out of danger, it only takes one undetected person with the virus to get through the testing and walk freely among them..as they and the rest of the public can do with no lockdowns.. to set the infection ball rolling again..

Here’s an excellent article on South Korea’s situation..
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...sharply-south-korea-whats-secret-its-success#
Yeah they’ve done well. But most countries have tested more people per million population than South Korea have. There curve was quite early compared to a lot of nations. This being because of there close proximity to China.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they’ve done well. But most countries have tested more people per million population than South Korea have. There curve was quite early compared to a lot of nations. This being because of there close proximity to China.
The accuracy of your figures are only as good as the breadth of your testing..and South Korea as far most reports are concerned have been very vigorous early in their approach to testing and isolating..even drive thru testing..which other countries have adopted..hence why they remained ’open’. Actually if you look at the graph South Korea has tested quite a bit per million as compared to that of U.S. who are thinking of coming out of lockdown..

69652F56-208C-42E9-90E2-14D278520C06.jpeg

Last edited:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The accuracy of your figures are only as good as the breadth of your testing..and South Korea as far most reports are concerned have been very vigorous early in their approach to testing and isolating..even drive thru testing..which other countries have adopted..hence why they remained ’open’.
‘how bout South Korea follow our model , I think we constantly shortchange ourselves on world stage and always looking at how others are doing . S. Korea have almost double the cases and 4 times the deaths than us . They have double the population but their testing rates well below us . As we have seen with other countries that “ were leading the way “ they are having issues ... ie Japan and Singapore which is now exploding

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
‘how bout South Korea follow our model , I think we constantly shortchange ourselves on world stage and always looking at how others are doing . S. Korea have almost double the cases and 4 times the deaths than us . They have double the population but their testing rates well below us . As we have seen with other countries that “ were leading the way “ they are having issues ... ie Japan and Singapore which is now exploding
Bud I wouldn’t wanna live anywhere else in the world apart from Australia while this is happening.. We look after the most vulnerable..I know because I’m one of them..and I’m so appreciative that we care..
I’m only using South Korea as a model as to why they were able to remain open..because they started early..unlike America who are considering opening..and why it looks like a bad idea... But South Korea is only a person away from it blowing up again..

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's more about the speed of it. By the time South Korea had carried out 300,000 tests, most other countries had done about 10,000 tests.

They caught it early and contact traced everything. They also used tracking apps to track anyone who could potentially have been infected and contact tracing those people. We're just talking about possibly doing that now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. That's the other problem. Everyone has praised countries like Germany who tested many and shut it down early. They've now run out of tests and their death rates are sky rocketing.

That's the whole problem here. This thing is way too infectious for us to really control. So we need to space it out to slow down the pressure on the hospital system.

We've been extremely lucky and I hope we hold how we're currently going. But we could also see a resurgence if we're not careful.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bud I wouldn’t wanna live anywhere else in the world apart from Australia while this is happening.. We look after the most vulnerable..I know because I’m one of them..and I’m so appreciative that we care..
I’m only using South Korea as a model as to why they were able to remain open..because they started early..unlike America who are considering opening..and why it looks like a bad idea... But South Korea is only a person away from it blowing up again..
ok that makes sense

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's more about the speed of it. By the time South Korea had carried out 300,000 tests, most other countries had done about 10,000 tests.

They caught it early and contact traced everything. They also used tracking apps to track anyone who could potentially have been infected and contact tracing those people. We're just talking about possibly doing that now.
I like the idea of the tracking app. I think everyone should be using when becomes available. I guess only concern with it is the elderly. There our most vulnerable and a large portion wouldn’t understand how to use an app.

Status
Not open for further replies.