Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm done with Trump and the dumb voters in USA. So glad to be Australian...this mindless rubbish would never take a hold in our country...except for maybe a few PHON, and far right, nutcases. Come to think of it, even Hanson isn't this destructive to governance for all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...berate-tweets-coronavirus-stay-at-home-orders
What an absolute shit bag. He's an absolute fucking moron,completely indefensible but let's wait for Dawgfather to post that the media is biased against trump and that trump did nothing wrong

@utility half

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a very interesting read.

More reinforcement that USA labour laws and conditions are inhumane and we definately do not want these work conditions and practices ever to take a hold here in our wonderful country.

BBC News - Coronavirus at Smithfield pork plant: The untold story of America's biggest outbreak
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52311877

PS would the pork products be contaminated from the workers and then be consumed by the public?

The virus has been found active after 17 days on Diamond Princess and worse on plastic wrapping I read somewhere.
The longest they've seen the virus last from proper testing is 4 days and that was on glass (initial thoughts were 9 days from stuff found on the Diamond Princess but that was found to be contaminated recently)

That said, the virus has been found to survive up to 12 hours in dead people so meat would likely be the same. But the percentage of virus is exponential.

From best estimation, it takes about 100,000 to 300,000 parts of virus to infect someone. After 12 hours it's unlikely there would be enough virus left to infect anyone. But I guess it depends how quickly you get to the meat.

That said, meat processing is pretty heavily sanitised. It needs to be otherwise they'd have constant ecoli outbreaks.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I guess it's getting like that @Where's Pea?
Although did get some steps walking to collect dinner from local restaurant last night and to groceries shopping today.

Feeling great! Hope all is well for you!
The little things in life, right?

Yes I've been well thanks. Still working for now so gotta be grateful for that (as annoying and frustrating it may be).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The longest they've seen the virus last from proper testing is 4 days and that was on glass (initial thoughts were 9 days from stuff found on the Diamond Princess but that was found to be contaminated recently)

That said, the virus has been found to survive up to 12 hours in dead people so meat would likely be the same. But the percentage of virus is exponential.

From best estimation, it takes about 100,000 to 300,000 parts of virus to infect someone. After 12 hours it's unlikely there would be enough virus left to infect anyone. But I guess it depends how quickly you get to the meat.

That said, meat processing is pretty heavily sanitised. It needs to be otherwise they'd have constant ecoli outbreaks.
Thanks Hacky. I wasn't aware they had corrected this info.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/diamo...avirus-17-days-ship-emptied/story?id=69755804

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does a Chinese lab keep getting accused of being the coronavirus source, despite zero evidence?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...origin-theory-donald-trump-wuhan-lab/12158774
to be fair zero evidence that it’s from the wet market too... it’s speculation as well

at end of the day , ockhams razor (Simplest solution is likely the right one ). , what is more plausible , virus jumps from bat to pangolin then human or accidentally released/ escapes from lab that is near the wet market

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
ikr so much wrong with that whole country .
They like their constitutional rights don't they?
Fuck me just stay at home for the greater good it's not that hard.
I think in six months time stupidity will kill more Americans than the coronavirus

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They like their constitutional rights don't they?
Fuck me just stay at home for the greater good it's not that hard.
I think in six months time stupidity will kill more Americans than the coronavirus
There all about rights, and freedom. Generally I agree with them, but not this time

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There all about rights, and freedom. Generally I agree with them, but not this time
I have the right to walk along the beach with more than one person but I'll happily forfit that right if it protects fellow Australians and myself . I don't think they understand that and can't see past their nose

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol he's always been somewhat measured and diplomatic. He has to be. He works for the buffoon who is making a total cock up of the situation. In the past he was asked whether he and other experts made recommendations to introduce social distancing measures in early Feb and he sure as shit didn't deny it. He then said there were a number of factors in making such decisions and there was a lot of push back at the time. It's the words push back the media seized on and I think that is understandable. I think he's really regretting that choice of words now. Those words are quite illustrative from a doctor who works for a man who claims to have total authority. It sounds a bit like Trump was more concerned with keeping political colleagues and business leaders happy than he was about heeding medical advice. It's not like the US was the first country hit or the experts advising Trump didn't have a template they could use to predict what might happen. Trump was clearly angered by Fauci's choice of words, or he wouldn't have retweeted a call to fire him.
No links though?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol he's always been somewhat measured and diplomatic. He has to be. He works for the buffoon who is making a total cock up of the situation. In the past he was asked whether he and other experts made recommendations to introduce social distancing measures in early Feb and he sure as shit didn't deny it. He then said there were a number of factors in making such decisions and there was a lot of push back at the time. It's the words push back the media seized on and I think that is understandable. I think he's really regretting that choice of words now. Those words are quite illustrative from a doctor who works for a man who claims to have total authority. It sounds a bit like Trump was more concerned with keeping political colleagues and business leaders happy than he was about heeding medical advice. It's not like the US was the first country hit or the experts advising Trump didn't have a template they could use to predict what might happen. Trump was clearly angered by Fauci's choice of words, or he wouldn't have retweeted a call to fire him.
Sounds like, sounds like, any proof?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sounds like, sounds like, any proof?
Do you have any proof that Trump isn’t a reckless, socially irresponsible jackass? The fucking idiot has just come out and called fools protesting against social distancing laws responsible people. Dr Fauci must be prescribing himself something to help him sleep at night for defending the jackass.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What an absolute shit bag. He's an absolute fucking moron,completely indefensible but let's wait for Dawgfather to post that the media is biased against trump and that trump did nothing wrong

@utility half
Fake news! Journalists must have hacked his twitter again.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. His comments are on public record for all to see. It’s not my job to dig up links for you. Google it.
You'll provide a link and then he'll claim that it's either fake news or make an excuse for trumps behaviour.

Ffs these people

Status
Not open for further replies.