Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we go back through anything that anyone has ever said, we will easily be presented with a series of sentences that are probably plainly incorrect, not factual, biased, comical .... the list goes on.

My assessment of Tucker is simply based on watching his 1 hour show each day and asking myself whether I hear him point out inadequacies from both sides of politics (which he does). He regularly calls out the failings of politicians on both sides and he also openly declares what is own political leanings are (which instantly makes him transparent).

As opposed to CNN or MSNBC who generally present themselves as independent and unbiased news organisations, when they are generally (or entirely) opinion based and the opinion is 100% of the time on the progressive side of the debate.

Fox has some presenters who are the same (Laura Ingraham, Hannity), however I would argue that they are more transparent because although they are biased, they also openly tell their viewers that they are conservative people, so of course they are going to present conservative style shows.

What I think America lacks is some old fashioned 'news men' (or women). People who genuinely just give you the news and refuse to give an opinion. One person who I know if who gets closest to this style (i.e. he tells the news but rarely gives his own personal opinion is Brett Baier). I don't know if anyone knows of any others (if they do, please tell me because I'd like to add to my list of people I will watch).
Bring back Walter Cronkite :grinning:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yes please @south of heaven !! Let's get that idea growing some legs! Planning to return home for Christmas since the Easter visit was abandoned.

Though for those interested, Singapore is experiencing a seriously big upswing in case numbers (https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...cross-4000-with-728-cases-in-new-daily-record), due to clusters forming in foreign worker dorms. Very upsetting after all the early mitigation steps.
But we will get a handle on it and stem the new infections.
Been cooped up inside a house for too long, eh? Haha ;)

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiwis considering a travel " bubble between nz,aus,and Singapore before year is out , @Lov_Dog kennel bbq Singapore? Lol
‘worst idea ever . If no vaccine or cure , why would we want to import possible cases. Our government has already said there will be social distancing even after restrictions . So we go thru restrictions , still do social distancing and whilslt we go through that crap we bring in tourists who will not only bring the virus but won’t follow social distancing as they will be partying it up .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
‘worst idea ever . If no vaccine or cure , why would we want to import possible cases. Our government has already said there will be social distancing even after restrictions . So we go thru restrictions , still do social distancing and whilslt we go through that crap we bring in tourists who will not only bring the virus but won’t follow social distancing as they will be partying it up .
From the proposal it sounds reasonable won't be for a few months until they work it out .It's interesting and I could see how it would work ,I also understand what you're a saying. It's a new world now who knows how it will work

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes the media is clearly divided along partisan lines, but I think trying to claim Trump has not mishandled this crisis from day one is an exercise of partisanship in itself. The media didn't make Trump downplay the threat of the virus, equating it to the flu. The media didn't make Trump tout drugs which were already on the shelves to treat/ prevent the virus despite absolutely no credible evidence suggesting those drugs were effective in treating/ preventing infection - resulting in shortages of those products for people with illnesses they HAVE been proven to effectively treat. The media didn't force Trump to continue to shake hands during diplomatic tours despite clear advice from health bodies and experts that he shouldn't be doing it. The media didn't make Trump talk about reopening America by Easter just as things were really starting to really deteriorate in his country, nor is the media making him plan to prematurely reopen large parts of his country. The media didn't make Trump equate COVID-19 to the latest "hoax" in January, only to backflip on those claims and maintain he knew the issue was serious well before a pandemic was declared. The media didn't fuel Trump's ignorance about COVID-19 or make him believe a standard flu vaccine could be an effective treatment and not just a means of reducing the disease it was designed to protect against to reduce strain on the healthcare system. The media in the US is problematic, but I don't understand why it is being used to divert from serious and warranted criticism of the was the guy has conducted affairs during a national and global crisis. It has been one big clusterfuck.
He watches andrw bolt and Tucker Carlson. That in itself should be your answer as to why he's coming up with outrageous claims and stupid defense of trump

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
NZ and Singapore are doing alright. If anything we'd be spreading it to them.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Maserati-Coupe-GT-Manual-MY03/SSE-AD-6534480/

If renters dont pay their rent for next 6 months it would be a good deposit on this, they can get a loan for the balance then live life to the fullest. Be a better man. Tell everyone they drive a $220,000 car (well it was when new). Rub shoulders with the rich instead of doing burnouts at McDonald's with their commodore

Then renters can look down at other people for once, tell people to f$&K off instead of being told to f$&K off all the time ... You only live once, go get one

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is a very interesting read.

More reinforcement that USA labour laws and conditions are inhumane and we definately do not want these work conditions and practices ever to take a hold here in our wonderful country.

BBC News - Coronavirus at Smithfield pork plant: The untold story of America's biggest outbreak
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52311877

PS would the pork products be contaminated from the workers and then be consumed by the public?

The virus has been found active after 17 days on Diamond Princess and worse on plastic wrapping I read somewhere.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We’re doing better than NZ if you look at percentage of population infected, and death rate running about the same.
I think Australia are doing much better when looking at the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.