Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are we not hearing from coach Pay some kind of plan moving forward? I get that we are in isolation but we have lost 2 of our FG squad and not one time we have heard Pay speaking about the plan ahead for round 3 onwards. Bellyache, Robinson or Bennett would be on the front foot discussing where their teams would be headed. Shit even the Dragqueen coaching staff have discussed losing Frizzel and the plan moving forward. All we hear from Pay is “time is running out”! Self involved crap, not what the fans want to hear from him.
What do you want him to say, we are negotiating with JAC, QCooper and JMaloney to join us when the comp restarts and for next year TPJ and KStaggs are almost signed and we are releasing all of our players off contract ???? Tell the other teams what we are doing, who they can target and piss off the players that we are releasing who we need for games this year???? Sorry but that level of detail sounds pretty stupid to me.

But on the other hand if he comes out with generalisations like “we’ve lost 2 games, but we have showed good signs, we need to eliminate our mistakes, complete our sets ........... the wins will come” ...... you’d be whinging that he’s just repeating what we have heard before.

As for StGeorge discussing their plans post Frizzel, what have they actually said “we are entering the market”, FMD what a revelation, who would have thought.

The fact is there is nothing that Pay can say that would satisfy the demand for “the plan”, it’ll never be enough without being too much at the same time.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is he has said nothing at all.

Has he even come out and said something about the club sacking JO and CHN?

Exactly Dragqueens have at least said that, Pay has said zip!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been stood down without pay....what do you want him to say when he is not getting paid...he is off work..do you get it..?
My point is he has said nothing at all.

Has he even come out and said something about the club sacking JO and CHN?

Exactly Dragqueens have at least said that, Pay has said zip!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you Pay lovers don’t get the point that he can’t coach NRL standards. We will not sign anyone else of high standard until we have a new coach. FYI James Graham was the one who convinced Thompson to sign with us!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All you Pay lovers don’t get the point that he can’t coach NRL standards. We will not sign anyone else of high standard until we have a new coach. FYI James Graham was the one who convinced Thompson to sign with us!
All the Pay haters can only see negatives in everything, even when it’s a positive. Because they only look for negatives so that it confirms their already held biases.

A simple example, the negatives will only see that what we lost against Parramatta. But considering the events a couple of days before the game losing arguably our best forward and a winger with potential for being stupid idiots, plus a multi $million sponsor reneging, it was a positive that we didn’t lose by 50.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All the Pay haters can only see negatives in everything, even when it’s a positive. Because they only look for negatives so that it confirms their already held biases.

A simple example, the negatives will only see that what we lost against Parramatta. But considering the events a couple of days before the game losing arguably our best forward and a winger with potential for being stupid idiots, plus a multi $million sponsor reneging, it was a positive that we didn’t lose by 50.

Go Dogs
When i see Pay, i dont think negative. I know he is out of his depth and will never amount to anything. Thats being a realist.

Everyone else is making excuses for him.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really, so Elliott hasn’t improved, even the Elliot haters on here would disagree with you on that.

I think you’d get plenty of arguments if you claimed Meaney hasn’t improved.

Britt is playing better in 2 games with us that has in any previous NRL season.

CHN last season was so improved that he earned a permanent spot in the Kiwi teams.

Napa, even his detractors would agree is playing way better this year.

To’omaga and RFM are now permanent NRL players.

Wakeham, etc etc

Go Dogs
Meaney was always solid. At fullback before DWZ he was solid and did a good job. Did he need time to grow? Hell yes.
So you watched Britt all season last year? Good on you. Napa has had a few good games. FEW.
CHN was decent when he tried but his defense was shit. Missed tackle count always high.
As for Elliot. Sweet jesus that bloke should be out playing park footy. HE IS NOT A GRADE.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've never seen more excuses made for a coach. Now people are giving him credit three seasons in for a loss where we only scored 2 points.
Its crazy isn't it. But we are called negative supporters because we tell it how it is, and even with all the facts over last few years, they find some pie in the sky "positive " excuse to cling onto..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its crazy isn't it. But we are called negative supporters because we tell it how it is, and even with all the facts over last few years, they find some pie in the sky "positive " excuse to cling onto..
Nah, its just your turn to be pigeon holed..:tearsofjoy: its a forum trait. You are either a negboy or a fanboy or part of a wankfest, a leftie, a righty a never laced a boot, a skip, a Dib, a DNA freak, etc. etc.. :confused:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Pay lover please, did you watch the Parra game? The Eels were off, we had no decent attack. The following week the cows made us look like we were a resi side.

We have wingers playing fullback and centre, we have a fullback playing on the wing.

How many more seasons are we going to watch Tolman get towed up.

We have $$ to spend next year and we have signed Thompson who looks like a great buy.

All the other signings have been crap. DWZ does run hard but that’s it. He was found out under the high ball in both games this year, blind Freddy can see he needs to play center or wing.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Bro, your logic is

images (69).jpeg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For people to defend him is one thing... To then somehow commend him and praise him so often is another. To even consider extending him is madness.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For people to defend him is one thing... To then somehow commend him and praise him so often is another. To even consider extending him is madness.
He'll always have his cheerleaders.

We could lose every game by 40 and they'd still defend him

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One year extn maybe?

Pay has fallen on his feet this season with the disruption to games ...and there's no established, successful coaches available for next year.

We can't spend all this money (apparently) on players that will make enough of a difference to the team. 2021 another lost year in the offing.

I'd be making Bellamy a huge offer and getting him to draw up a strategy or else re-sign Pay and make a very attractive offer to Flanaghan to come over next year as Asst Coach with a view to Head Coach 2022.

Robinson should be a target as well but he wouldn't take on the challenge after the cruisey Rorters gig.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100%...Pay will not attract quality players to the club....we would have to offer so much more than other clubs with high quality coaches.....I honestly hope the club is looking at Flanagan.....but knowing our club they will re-sign Pay for another 2 years because they want to see how he goes with a full salary cap at his disposal.....now that may be the fair thing to do but I really worry about his ability to attract quality players. It's such a big decision for the club because we cannot afford another 2 years of mediocrity.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One year extn maybe?

Pay has fallen on his feet this season with the disruption to games ...and there's no established, successful coaches available for next year.

We can't spend all this money (apparently) on players that will make enough of a difference to the team. 2021 another lost year in the offing.

I'd be making Bellamy a huge offer and getting him to draw up a strategy or else re-sign Pay and make a very attractive offer to Flanaghan to come over next year as Asst Coach with a view to Head Coach 2022.

Robinson should be a target as well but he wouldn't take on the challenge after the cruisey Rorters gig.
I don't see the point of delaying the inevitable and holding the team back any more. Giving him an extra year is just another year lost in the rebuild. We've had 2018, 2019 and now 2020 as write offs and now we're already writing off 2021?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see the point of delaying the inevitable and holding the team back any more. Giving him an extra year is just another year lost in the rebuild. We've had 2018, 2019 and now 2020 as write offs and now we're already writing off 2021?
Mate you 100% have the right and plenty of argument to question moving forward with Pay.

But, what is your plan B? The only 2 coaches worth pissing on are locked in for 2021 in Bellamy and and Bennett.

Flanagan is not an option in my opinion so unless you want to look at left field like Eddie Jones from Rugby...

Ricky Stuart will stay in ACT and to be honest I don’t rate him as a coach. Rooster Trent has played with the best Roster and UNLIMITED..budget, Mag is the same and everyone else is a didn’t deliver or past it..

Why can’t our board bring in a JT or a someone similar to concentrate on offence and attract other marque players?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate you 100% have the right and plenty of argument to question moving forward with Pay.

But, what is your plan B? The only 2 coaches worth pissing on are locked in for 2021 in Bellamy and and Bennett.

Flanagan is not an option in my opinion so unless you want to look at left field like Eddie Jones from Rugby...

Ricky Stuart will stay in ACT and to be honest I don’t rate him as a coach. Rooster Trent has played with the best Roster and UNLIMITED..budget, Mag is the same and everyone else is a didn’t deliver or past it..

Why can’t our board bring in a JT or a someone similar to concentrate on offence and attract other marque players?
Flanagan for 2022 is the play. Pay for one more year. That's the ruthless decision I think we need to make almost regardless of what Pay does in 2021. If Bellamy starts to show signs of leaving Storm than he should be priority over Flanagan. Unless it's those two names I think Pay gets more time at this stage. Picking up anyone (sideways swap) who isn't the right coach for us especially when Pay has done what's expected of him is just silly. If we fail to meet expectations in 2021 than I have no problem in trying someone else for 2022 who isn't Flanagan or Bellamy (who's still a long shot even being an option).

Status
Not open for further replies.