Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I mean that's probably too soon but also the world can't stay locked down for too long of an extended period as the economy is taking a big hit. Unemployment is rapidly increasing, meaning more people on little money that will not do anything to boost the economy. In time you will find more people ending up being destitute. Suicide rates will incase more also, as it's already has started to now. The world can't sit around and wait for 2 years, by then you could have more people dying world wide from conditions stemming from being destitute and suicide than the virus

I don't know what the answer is, but the world can only stop for so long.
I'm not saying the world can afford to lock down for that long, I understand a lock down poses its own serious problems and at some point leaders will he to try and find another solution. There's no doubt managing the virus is a huge challenge for leaders, but the President of a country which has by far the most cases and has recorded the most deaths from this virus to try and lead the pack by opening large parts of his country up as early as May 1 can only be described as sheer fucking idiocy. The guy has already failed spectacularly in the way he handled the virus in its early stages, playing down its seriousness at every given opportunity. He called the WHO out for irresponsibility and then goes and pulls this stunt? He's been in power since 2016 and has delivered nothing in terms of meaningful health care.....now as his country is getting absolutely hammered by this virus and his focus is withdrawing funding and re-opening his country for business. He's dangerous and incompetent.... he could pull down his pants and do a turd on the floor during a press briefing and his supporters would call it a golden egg.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm no fan of lobotomy Joe, but I have no doubt that if he was in charge, he would have done a better job of managing the country in a crisis than the fucking imbecile who is in charge now. Stop deflecting. Your guy has the reins and he has made such a bad meal of this he could serve it at his grill.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no fan of lobotomy Joe, but I have no doubt that if he was in charge, he would have done a better job of managing the country in a crisis than the fucking imbecile who is in charge now. Stop deflecting. Your guy has the reins and he has made such a bad meal of this he could serve it at his grill.
Thats not what most Americans think you will see that when he gets re elected

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That might actually work in favour of him as long as the states shut down their borders.

America's a huge land mass and there's considerable distances between their states/cities
You don't think corona is already prevalent in those states, with a number of cases still asymptomatic and undetected? It's insanity IMHO. Time will tell exactly what he does I guess..... but if he reopens states where cases seem to be reducing, it won't take long for them to increase again....or for cases to multiply in states that have fewer cases.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thats not what most Americans think you will see that when he gets re elected
When did I say he would not be reelected?

Well if he is reelected, case closed. It's not as if it is like the American public to make bad and irrational decisions.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did I say he would not be reelected?

Well if he is reelected, case closed. It's not as if it is like the American public to make bad and irrational decisions.
Did i say that you said he wouldnt be elected ? no ! i said he will be elected because most Americans think hes doing better than the other choice they have.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did i say that you said he wouldnt be elected ? no ! i said he will be elected because most Americans think hes doing better than the other choice they have.
He can't be doing better than someone who doesn't even share his job. They are both idiots....personally, I'd prefer the idiot who is at least willing to listen to the advice of the experts serving him.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not saying the world can afford to lock down for that long, I understand a lock down poses its own serious problems and at some point leaders will he to try and find another solution. There's no doubt managing the virus is a huge challenge for leaders, but the President of a country which has by far the most cases and has recorded the most deaths from this virus to try and lead the pack by opening large parts of his country up as early as May 1 can only be described as sheer fucking idiocy. The guy has already failed spectacularly in the way he handled the virus in its early stages, playing down its seriousness at every given opportunity. He called the WHO out for irresponsibility and then goes and pulls this stunt? He's been in power since 2016 and has delivered nothing in terms of meaningful health care.....now as his country is getting absolutely hammered by this virus and his focus is withdrawing funding and re-opening his country for business. He's dangerous and incompetent.... he could pull down his pants and do a turd on the floor during a press briefing and his supporters would call it a golden egg.
The problem with America is that the whole country is divided along partisan lines and every issue immediately becomes political even when it has nothing to do with politics.

Look at this coronavirus issue as an example. On the face of it, the issue and trying to tackle it should have nothing to do with politics. It should be an issue that results in the nation coming together to fight a common enemy.

But the environment in america is hyper partisan, and different stakeholders find ways to push their own agendas. Both sides of politics are guilty of it (both republican and democrat), and it happens outside of politicians as well (most notably the media).

I think the main issue in the U.S. is partisanship in the media. Politicians will always be politicians - that will never change. But the media should be acting as independent (in the main) investigators of truth. However, the opposite is true in America. Most of the mainstream media have picked their side and they stick to it religiously.

The only U.S. media person I've found who is mostly interested in 'truth' and just reporting uncomfortable truth is Tucker Carlson. Yes he's on Fox, but he was previously with CNN (or was it MSNBC?) and I find that he is the most likely journalist to report on facts that don't favour his own media companies interests.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know you weren't talking about the world stage i was just adding that to the conversation as it's also a vital point in this on going saga. When it comes to America, I agree that it is too soon for them to even contemplate opening up by mid May.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1587088834083.jpeg

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You don't think corona is already prevalent in those states, with a number of cases still asymptomatic and undetected? It's insanity IMHO. Time will tell exactly what he does I guess..... but if he reopens states where cases seem to be reducing, it won't take long for them to increase again....or for cases to multiply in states that have fewer cases.
Personally, I think Western nations need to accept there is going to be death from this virus. We can't pretend that we can defeat it (at least not until there is a vaccine.

Simply shutting up shop is not an option because we will kill more people in the process and reduce standards of living, than we would otherwise.

Businesses need to be allowed to re-open (with the proviso of some simple precautions to ensure we don't have massive outbreaks.

For example, perhaps we first relax the restrictions on people being allowed out of their homes. Let people travel wherever they want to so long as they maintain social distancing. This should mean people can go to the beach, to the park etc.

Corporate offices should be allowed to open with minimum standards of social distancing (for example a requirement for no one to sit at a desk within 1.5 metres of someone else), regular hand washing (and maybe even gloves to be worn at all times)?

We should also have mobile teams setup in each state to respond quickly to all reported cases to ensure they trace how the person got the virus, and if that person has attended any offices or businesses, then those places should be well cleaned and any people who had contact should be forced to quarantine for 14 days.

Outside of these precautions I would support any government that is trying to reopen their economy.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trump beat Hilary, he's going to wipe the floor with Biden..... What is wrong with the Dems? Are they doing this shit on purpose?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Even democratic leaning voters and media types have pointed out the clear issues with Biden's health.

He appears to be going down hill with symptoms that seem consistent with alzheimers.

I don't take any joy in saying that because it sounds like most people would agree that he's generally a good guy (although with some questionable background of helping credit card companies get rich from some very poor people in America).

It's almost comical how the democrats had a field of thousands trying to run for president, but in the end they seem to have ended up with the 'last man standing' rather than someone who they actually think is a genuine chance.

For whatever reason they just don't have anyone who is a strong president candidate in the party. Hilary Clinton was the last stereotypical 'strong' candidate but as it turns out, people found her repulsive and seem to be very cautious about electing career politicians (when they have another option).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NZ, Only 8 new cases today Half of what it was yesterday, dropping big time! Looking good here.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.