Did anyone else watch Braith Anasta talking about the Bulldogs?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With hindsight yes. But who drops a premiership winning and origin half for a rookie with potential? Same goes for Willie. He was at the peak of his powers back then and would be hard to let go.
I 100% at the time would've got rid of Anasta for Thurston. Watching them play I thought JT was way better.

Price was our captain and an Origin prop. After the Coffs harbour saga we needed to keep the good guys and get rid of the ring leaders.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone agree with me on this that the roosters are sorta like palpatine ? And they lure in a player like anakin and use him then when they got what they wanted they discard him.. it’s like no loyalty and only business .. I know they get results but we have won more battles when it comes to war
100% man. they did the same to Brock Lamb recently also... Rest Cronk, Keary gets knocked out and they expect him to lead the side around with Latrell in the halves with him lol... they are fucking over Ryan Hall aswell, yes hes old, but he would get a start over alot of other wingers.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drank with Shifty most Friday or Sat night at CTs, depending on when he played. He was staying at his aunts place, not Ben Roberts, although Roberts was always with him. Ben played juniors for the Narellen Jets. Wasn’t that talented as a junior played alright though.

Shifty is a great man.
Okay corrected...I always seen them together it was good of Ben to keep him upbeat a fucking shame shifty was very underrated player

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With hindsight yes. But who drops a premiership winning and origin half for a rookie with potential? Same goes for Willie. He was at the peak of his powers back then and would be hard to let go.
No one, anyone says different their full of shit

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What your saying is correct, & should apply not only for team mates but to all walks of life, in a perfect world that is.But like I said - I don't know if it really happened & if It did? under what circumstance ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last season Anasta played for us all he was doing was passing the ball and kicking on the 5th (bit like Cogger now) - not really running or creating much. It wasn't surprising the club let him go.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The last season Anasta played for us all he was doing was passing the ball and kicking on the 6th (bit like Cogger now) - not really running or creating much. It wasn't surprising the club let him go.
A year after jt left it was an easier decision to let anasta go, than straight after the gf win. After losing all our points in 2002 players took pay cuts to stay and win a premiership, the one we would have got in 2002. So heaps of buildup. So once we won one, we got a big hangover in 2005. A number of players peaked in 2004. Sherwin and Anasta were 2 of them

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No we signed him over Jonathon Thurston,as said by Graham Hughes today on 2sm today
Where did you hear that from? We signed Anasta in 1999 (for 2000-2002. Then in 2001, we extended his contract for 2003-2005. JT wasn't promoted to the FG side until 2002. Folkes had nothing to do with choosing Anasta over JT because they left in consecutive years.

Wahesh

Reaction score
A year after jt left it was an easier decision to let anasta go, than straight after the gf win. After losing all our points in 2002 players took pay cuts to stay and win a premiership, the one we would have got in 2002. So heaps of buildup. So once we won one, we got a big hangover in 2005. A number of players peaked in 2004. Sherwin and Anasta were 2 of them
We could've also won it in 2001 had we not copped all those injuries at the worst possible time of the season as well.

Wahesh

Reaction score
We should've re-signed JT and Steven Price and let go of Willie Mason and Braith Anasta at the end of 2004. Anasta was our highest paid player at that time.
Price wanted to go. Money wasn't the only factor, he also didn't want to be at the club anymore after the Coffs Harbor crap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The last season Anasta played for us all he was doing was passing the ball and kicking on the 5th (bit like Cogger now) - not really running or creating much. It wasn't surprising the club let him go.
My recollection is he was going OK until he signed with the Chooks, after that it looked like his heart wasn’t in it. Plus the rest of team looked pissed at him, on the field, for deserting them, the way he was playing and going to the arch enemy. I think many wouldn’t have been so angry if he had gone to the Wabbits with uncle George, but the Chooks was just too much to take.

Go Dogs

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's technically right. But it wasn't that we lowballed jt that made it a bad offer, it was we offered him a bench player contract which is obviously less game time, coz he was only a backup for Sherwin and anasta at the time. Cowboys were thin on troops then and offered him a fulltime starter role, which obviously pays better.
Graham Murray rang Steve Folkes told him what they were going to offer him , folksy said he could be anything but at this stage we are unable to spend that much...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate come on Cogger runs to the line and engages defenders. Lewis does what you have just described.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should've re-signed JT and Steven Price and let go of Willie Mason and Braith Anasta at the end of 2004. Anasta was our highest paid player at that time.
Hindsight’s 20/20.
In ‘04, no one could’ve seen Anasta and mason leaving us for the roosters and SBW slipping out like a dog.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
Let’s be real half the squad probably pumped shiftys missus but Anasta was the one who got busted

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I have seen Mason gets treated with a level of respect by Bulldogs fans and fellow teammates. Anasta not so much, which, as well as his off field antics, could be the way he announced his move to the Chooks mid season 2005 and then played like he didn’t want to be here for the rest of the season. He burnt the bridge back then and fans and fellow players have long memories.

Go Dogs
Agree, Mason is a Bulldog and he’s always backing up the club that gave him his only Premiership and best memories. That era was golden, one of the best teams ever assembled. It’s a shame they didn’t walk away with 2 or 3 Premierships.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always preferred Thurston at 5/8 Sherwin at 7 and Anasta at 13. Braith got the early ‘next Freddy Fittler’ comparisons where he was slower then Fittler
Should have let Gimaldi retire with 04 and kept those 3 at the scrum base Anasta never did anything after he left bar the field goal for the roosters (playing second row I may add) in 2010 semi

Wahesh

Reaction score
I always preferred Thurston at 5/8 Sherwin at 7 and Anasta at 13. Braith got the early ‘next Freddy Fittler’ comparisons where he was slower then Fittler
Should have let Gimaldi retire with 04 and kept those 3 at the scrum base Anasta never did anything after he left bar the field goal for the roosters (playing second row I may add) in 2010 semi
Mate Grimaldi was an underrated tackling machine and workhorse. He was a great player for us even post 2004. Silent achiever.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing is evident from his interview. We had winners in that team with a winners mentality. Anasta says it himself, they knew that if the team stayed together they would have won the comp. The had that self belief. Great team with some very talented players.
We should have won a lot more premierships in that period too, 2002 we were unstoppable.
The thing that pisses me off when watching the interview is when he talks about the salary cap scandal and the point deduction and the Roosters go on and win the premiership. Who? The perennial salary cap cheats

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Braith was a gun in early years. He is a bulldog and always will be but rooster suck a testicle-less sack..... too many noobs in here. Corey Parker should shit the fuck up ir I’ll send nasheed to bitch also hin