Membership Pledge

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi Kennellers,

I received an email from the club this afternoon asking members to pledge their membership fee to the club regardless of what happens in 2020. I'd be interested on the thoughts of the Kennel.

Thank you for your unwavering support of the Bulldogs and continued patience through what is the greatest challenge our Club has ever faced.

COVID-19 has put this great Club at risk and we need our Members and fans now more than ever. We are again asking for your help so that we can continue to represent you, our family, in the National Rugby League.

We’re asking you to Stand with the Pack by pledging your Membership fee to the club, no matter what happens with the 2020 season.

By pledging your membership fee via the link below, you are helping to ensure our club survives these unprecedented times.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you not paid for a membership yet or something? I did not get this email.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like it that it gives everyone some clarity moving forward. If you want a refund then you can get that and if you want to pledge it that’s fine too. I’m pledging mine and it would be nice if everyone was in a position to pledge their’s too but it’s a individual choice and there’s certainly more financial pressure on everyone at the minute so you could understand people wanting a refund.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like it that it gives everyone some clarity moving forward. If you want a refund then you can get that and if you want to pledge it that’s fine too. I’m pledging mine and it would be nice if everyone was in a position to pledge their’s too but it’s a individual choice and there’s certainly more financial pressure on everyone at the minute so you could understand people wanting a refund.
I've paid over $1000 for membership for a family of 5, I'd be happy to roll it over to next year but I'm not sure if I can afford that much of a donation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've paid over $1000 for membership for a family of 5, I'd be happy to roll it over to next year but I'm not sure if I can afford that much of a donation.
Send them a email mate maybe you can donate $200 and get $800 back or something like that or just get the whole amount back. I’m sure they would be flexible.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is that your membership or membership + game tickets?
I'm a cowboys full season member & paid $1600+ for the privilege. The cowboys have currently suspended future CC deductions & though haven't received any more info moving forward.
I'm happy to give them the "membership" component as a gift, but expect them to offer a pretty good package on any subsequent season.
I certainly wouldn't be offering the full $1600 as a donation, in saying that tho if they offered a "life" membership for $1k, I'd probably get 2, one for the 3yr old grandson.
Clubs will be struggling for a while I suspect, so it's up to us all as supporters to help our preferred club as best we can ( imo)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I pledge to buy many meat pies at the next belmore game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm fine with a pledge as my membership is only born and bred this season. However expecting larger memberships from people is a big deal from both parties. I'd expect alot more honesty and transparency from the club in future (eg. CHN, cap, recruitment) if this is the path they wish the take.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say this it's up to the individual, if they can afford it purely its up to there dicreaction, if you can't and your up against don't No one is going to judge you,if the club held a go fund me page I'm sure a lot would donate

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I say this it's up to the individual, if they can afford it purely its up to there dicreaction, if you can't and your up against don't No one is going to judge you,if the club held a go fund me page I'm sure a lot would donate
the club should give an option for 50% pledge 50% return

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just checked my emails and have received the request to Pledge this seasons tickets no matter what. The questions I would be asking the club are these.

1. If I cannot afford to pledge to the club can I roll the membership over to next year?

2. Will I lose my allotted seats if I don't want to pledge?

We do not even know if the season will recommence and we save our money so we can get our season tickets which we have paid for since 2002 around just under $1000 per year.The club has been very quiet about this and to be honest I was expecting this to be their response to the matter. We live well out of Sydney so have to factor in travel costs as well as parking. I know that it is not the clubs fault, but why should we be punished for the ineptitude of the NRL in not having any money held aside in contingencies?

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will probally pledge myself. But the email they sent doesnt exactly give any advice on other options.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I buy a membership each year for myself, Dad and Sister for Xmas, we are 12-13yr members varying over the years from full season to 5 games. This year I only purchased the 5 game memberships, although money is tight I’ll be pledging the 3 memberships and hope it helps our great club