Coaches

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either we go for Bennett for two years or we sign pay to a 1 yr extension then get Shane Flanagan in 22

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Bennett is a good choice for instant success..results maybe but recruitment will benefit. Really need Robo to build this club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When's Bellamy's current contract finish?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take Anthony griffin, Bennett is a fan of the Dogs , will bring success but towards the end he plays the enemy and starts sabotaging a team before he’s off to the next one ..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin if any and definitely don't want peptide cheat near us no way

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id take Wayne Bennett no hesitation after his contract is up..

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s Kevin Moore doing these days?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst once the same might have been said about Hasler in terms of being lured to Belmore, hard for me to see either Bennett or Bellamy coaching us.

Bellamy has openly said he's in his 60's now and his current contract (to the end of 2021) likely sees him out and he 'wants to do other things'.
What else does he have to achieve in the game and he would've made his money too. He was a one club player and so far a one club coach.
OK, so he might have a change of heart but I don't see him at Belmore.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/4f29bc99c8fd7f6a23454ab6e4bd001a

Bennett seems to want another gig though - quote - 'The 70-year-old has not ruled out retirement, but has previously spoken of his desire to continue coaching at an NRL level'.
There was a story today that the Dragons might look to lure him back to replace Mary before Flanagan can coach them but Flanagan shot that down. Hard to see also assuming Bennett sees out his Soufs gig.
With the Rona the admission of a second Brisbane team is probably not the highest priority now (unless part of mopping up the mess that is the Titans).
For me just hard to see Bennett walking into a team that isn't already well into their premiership window. Might depend on who we recruit for 2021/2022 given we'll have the money to go after quality (finally).

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won’t sign now one they will resign pay on another 3 year deal with the 3rd year club option or something like that

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club needs to look at feedbacl from players they missed because I think Pay doesnt inspire them so I think Pay's days as head coach are numbered. Bennett pulls players and we need to get back to that so I would be fine with that. Bellamy is a great coach but no way he is going to come to us. I would definitely go flannigan if you put controls around the illegal shit he does and Hook probably not going to pull players like bennett and Flannigan so they would be my choices of coach.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett will never coach the bulldogs he was told from the last board members he was to old

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bennett will never coach the bulldogs he was told from the last board members he was to old
Which he is. Moved on from the Broncos for that reason and if he moves on from the Rabbitohs it's the same case again. I'm sure Bennett is one of the best man mangers in the game but I personally think he's also lost his touch tactically as a coach (not sure how much of that is on him or his assistants/team). The last two seasons he's had, one at the Broncos and one at the Rabbitohs, hasn't looked impressive at all tbh. He's below the top coaches for me now (Bellemy and Robinson). I'd probably have to put him around the level of Stuart and Des. Which when you think about it is still good. I'd much rather Flanagan tho who I'd have in that same bracket.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this list of 2021 off contract coaches in another thread:

Off contract coaches at the end of 2021:
Bellamy
Bennett
Flanagan
Arthur
Hasler
Holbrook
McGuire
Morris
I'll take Michael McGuire please.

Definately have a crack at McGuire

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
club has to start negotiations with bennett, madness not to open formal talks with him now before its to late