Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They were counting numbers and taking statements from those attending. lol
How fucking awkward.
The fuckers would have been better off going down to their local Bunnings and counting the masses that congregate there everyday .
On that. I know someone that works at bunnings in a Sydney store and a store in QLD. Both stores had record sales each on the Saturday of Easter long weekend. I dont know how that is possible if your restricting the flow of customers to the store seeing as the one in QLD im talking about gets absolutely smashed most weekends before the virus and you'd struggle to find a park.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably already posted but I don't care

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Indian Dog was always big with the Epoch Times. These are the same guys that told us back in 2015 that the global economy was going to collapse in 2017. 3 years later we're kind of getting closer to that but it still hasn't happened.

When it comes to this kind of thing with strong links that lead to a full on conspiracy, I always find this video to be a decent explanation

Washington Post have a fairly reputable reputation :grinning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given the advice from a health expert to make sure you spray your shoe with Glenn 20 or anti bactericidal wipes esp if your gone into pharmacy.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do you know the only difference between corona virus and HIV is that HIV and replicate on t cell (immune system) but obviously corona virus is easily more transmitted.

So othe next major issue esp in south korea (has more data) are people getting sick a second around they're not getting the virus a second time but the theory is the virus is laying dormant then attacks again as this is how HIV works which can be dormant up to 14 years.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I still find it hard to fathom that we have essentially shut down our entire country when there has been the grand total of 60 something people die and almost all of them were above 70 and in very poor health.

I am not in favour of shutting down our economy to try and save people who have not looked after their own health and have conditions that mean the virus will take them out.

I saw a woman from Perth on the news tonight who was only 41 years old and had just spent 18 days in an induced coma after contracting the virus.

She was morbidly obese, had stubble on her chin and I can't even imagine how someone makes themselves that fkn fat after 41 years on this earth.

Personally I think we should be starting a staggered restart of the economy immediately:

- Cafes and restaurants open first, with some restrictions on numbers of people allowed to be inside
- Social distancing rules still apply nationwide
- Assemble and mobilise teams of health and govt workers who respond to each and every infection and trace how they got it and who they were in contact with.
- Mandatory 14 day quarantine under police and army guard for anyone infected or anyone who had contact with someone infected.
- Mandatory isolation for anyone over the age of 75, and all aged care nursing homes
- Assuming no major outbreaks then you stagger the restart of the rest of the economy over the next few months.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still find it hard to fathom that we have essentially shut down our entire country when there has been the grand total of 60 something people die and almost all of them were above 70 and in very poor health.

I am not in favour of shutting down our economy to try and save people who have not looked after their own health and have conditions that mean the virus will take them out.

I saw a woman from Perth on the news tonight who was only 41 years old and had just spent 18 days in an induced coma after contracting the virus.

She was morbidly obese, had stubble on her chin and I can't even imagine how someone makes themselves that fkn fat after 41 years on this earth.

Personally I think we should be starting a staggered restart of the economy immediately:

- Cafes and restaurants open first, with some restrictions on numbers of people allowed to be inside
- Social distancing rules still apply nationwide
- Assemble and mobilise teams of health and govt workers who respond to each and every infection and trace how they got it and who they were in contact with.
- Mandatory 14 day quarantine under police and army guard for anyone infected or anyone who had contact with someone infected.
- Mandatory isolation for anyone over the age of 75, and all aged care nursing homes
- Assuming no major outbreaks then you stagger the restart of the rest of the economy over the next few months.
The reason we have only 60 deaths is because we shut everything down. Otherwise there's a decent chance we would be a lot, lot worse than we are now.

This meme covers it well..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, we do need to do something to protect the economy or we'll end up just as bad.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also do you know the only difference between corona virus and HIV is that HIV and replicate on t cell (immune system) but obviously corona virus is easily more transmitted.

So othe next major issue esp in south korea (has more data) are people getting sick a second around they're not getting the virus a second time but the theory is the virus is laying dormant then attacks again as this is how HIV works which can be dormant up to 14 years.
damn hope doesn’t work like HIV, because all these people that have caught it are just ticking time bombs

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That said, we do need to do something to protect the economy or we'll end up just as bad.
We absolutely need to find a happy medium, a mate of a mate is a cop in North Sydney and he said prior to Corona they were going to 1 suicide/fortnight and now it’s a minimum 1/day. We lose 3000 people a year to suicide in a “normal” year, this year will be a huge outlier!

That’s why I think they need to start doing something with restrictions, even small, just to get the economy ticking over again.

It’s a complex situation that’s for sure.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same thing. This writer is just talking about the other article you provided with no evidence to support it.

I'm not saying it didn't come from a lab. It's possible. It's just highly unlikely based on the fact that even though there are bats with various types of Coronavirus studied in a lab in Wuhan, there's even more in the wild in Wuhan. The bat's around the Wuhan area are well known to hold many types of viruses. There's also the issue that a bat by itself is unlikely to infect a human. It would have needed an amplifier species (like a Pangolin)

Think of it this way. There's probably around 100,000 (guestimate) bats with viruses around the Wuhan area. If one escaped from a lab there would be 100,001 bats with viruses around the Wuhan area.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We absolutely need to find a happy medium, a mate of a mate is a cop in North Sydney and he said prior to Corona they were going to 1 suicide/fortnight and now it’s a minimum 1/day. We lose 3000 people a year to suicide in a “normal” year, this year will be a huge outlier!

That’s why I think they need to start doing something with restrictions, even small, just to get the economy ticking over again.

It’s a complex situation that’s for sure.
Definitely. There has been a lot of research into it which generally found that a large economic downturn usually leads to around a 1% death rate through suicide and poverty.

On the plus side, Australia is doing very well right now in regard to new cases so there's a chance we'll get through this OK and bakc up and running soon. The US is a little more worrying as their economic problems with affect everyone.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same thing. This writer is just talking about the other article you provided with no evidence to support it.

I'm not saying it didn't come from a lab. It's possible. It's just highly unlikely based on the fact that even though there are bats with various types of Coronavirus studied in a lab in Wuhan, there's even more in the wild in Wuhan. The bat's around the Wuhan area are well known to hold many types of viruses. There's also the issue that a bat by itself is unlikely to infect a human. It would have needed an amplifier species (like a Pangolin)

Think of it this way. There's probably around 100,000 (guestimate) bats with viruses around the Wuhan area. If one escaped from a lab there would be 100,001 bats with viruses around the Wuhan area.
I don't think they are suggesting one actual bat escaped from a Wuhan lab ;)...

Rather that slack security protocols concerning the virus cultures they were studying were released...either accidental or deliberate.

Many now suggesting that allowing the wet markets trading in live animal kills to re-open, suggests that the Chinese "know" that they were not the source of the virus outbreak.

Just theories...and as apparently well researched as any other theory at this stage :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.