Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People can correct me if I'm wrong, however in this day and age I believe AVOs are being used by partners as a tool for any possible future child support and/or divorce proceedings. Imagine that the wife probably lawyered up on this with an AVO being the suggested next step.

Other option is that the wife was honestly scared because she hadnt seen her husband like that before. AVO don't necessarily mean that violence has been committed, but a fear it will be. Again happy to be corrected.

Either way actual violence being committed isn't a prerequisite for an AVO being served
I may be wrong on this so someone else may chime in that knows for sure but I think police serve AVO's when they are called to a home where there is 'violence'.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I may be wrong on this so someone else may chime in that knows for sure but I think police serve AVO's when they are called to a home where there is 'violence'.
Honestly don't know mate. Hopefully someone with a bit more understanding of this can come forward.

Just remember reading somewhere how more and more partners are using AVOs as a tool.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Saw him moving out of his Liverpool apartment his mrs must of dumped him
shes a good sort too, jayden is a fucking idiot... chasing a school girl when he had her.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People can correct me if I'm wrong, however in this day and age I believe AVOs are being used by partners as a tool for any possible future child support and/or divorce proceedings. Imagine that the wife probably lawyered up on this with an AVO being the suggested next step.

Other option is that the wife was honestly scared because she hadnt seen her husband like that before. AVO don't necessarily mean that violence has been committed, but a fear it will be. Again happy to be corrected.

Either way actual violence being committed isn't a prerequisite for an AVO being served
Mate if his wife was your daughter, would you want him intimidating and smashing up walls?

I look at the school girl scandal the exact same way, I wouldn’t want my 16/17yo daughter having sex with 24/25yo. The boys should have known better than to have sex with girls that young. It’s disgusting and I believe they should never play i the NRL again!

But in saying that nor should anyone beating, intimidating or any kind of violence towards women be allowed to play NRL.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate if his wife was your daughter, would you want him intimidating and smashing up walls?

I look at the school girl scandal the exact same way, I wouldn’t want my 16/17yo daughter having sex with 24/25yo. The boys should have known better than to have sex with girls that young. It’s disgusting and I believe they should never play i the NRL again!

But in saying that nor should anyone beating, intimidating or any kind of violence towards women be allowed to play NRL.
Won't go into comparisons with the JO/CHN case and this one as that'll just reopen a whole can of worms ...

Agree with what you're saying. Was just giving the info that I've read before and can't really say much based on that we know so little.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't go into comparisons with the JO/CHN case and this one as that'll just reopen a whole can of worms ...

Agree with what you're saying. Was just giving the info that I've read before and can't really say much based on that we know so little.
He didn’t hit her and wasn’t violent towards her. She called the cops to stop him continuing to hurt himself. He is a very humble guy from a nice family. He’s just going through a tough period.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn’t hit her and wasn’t violent towards her. She called the cops to stop him continuing to hurt himself. He is a very humble guy from a nice family. He’s just going through a tough period.
Thanks for the info. This is in the newspapers?

Honestly, I can't really talk about the specific situation as I really don't know much and haven't actively sought out the truth. What you're saying sounds legit though and I hope that he gets better for his family.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. This is in the newspapers?

Honestly, I can't really talk about the specific situation as I really don't know much and haven't actively sought out the truth. What you're saying sounds legit though and I hope that he gets better for his family.
Not so much the full story all the missus said was that it’s not a domestic violence case it’s a mental health case.. I’m sure she was scared watching him punch the walls etc but I could never imagine him doing that to her or the kids.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Pussy

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not so much the full story all the missus said was that it’s not a domestic violence case it’s a mental health case.. I’m sure she was scared watching him punch the walls etc but I could never imagine him doing that to her or the kids.
Then he shouldn't be allowed to play until he has attended anger management courses and then signed off as fit to play by an independent psychiatrist.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's the problem, neither the females nor their parents lodged a complaint of any kind, legal or otherwise. I'm sure if it was you or me involving our daughters we would have taken some action. But the fact is I know it wouldn't have been my daughter because she would not act in that way, so any comparison between them and us is irrelevant.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he has young children, imagine the fear of watching your Dad smash up walls, mental violence is still domestic violence.

The things he does now affects his children in the future.

We all have our demons and have tough periods, I’d never show any violence towards, in front of my misses or children.

No excuses ever to fuck up your children!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the problem, neither the females nor their parents lodged a complaint of any kind, legal or otherwise. I'm sure if it was you or me involving our daughters we would have taken some action. But the fact is I know it wouldn't have been my daughter because she would not act in that way, so any comparison between them and us is irrelevant.

Go Dogs
I can honesty say the same regarding my daughter. She also knows that if a grub came near her with grubby behavior I would deal with them appropriately!

So maybe the parents are apart of the problem.

If the girls or the parents made a complaint or not, it still disgusting behavior and should not be tolerated in any walk of life, let alone folks that visit high schools as apart of their employment. If that was a teacher he would be in jail!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
What sort of action could you take tho?
It was consensual therefore no action could of be taken except illegally thru your own hands
Which then puts you in court

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What sort of action could you take tho?
It was consensual therefore no action could of be taken except illegally thru your own hands
Which then puts you in court
Happily go to court to protect my daughter, I’d say that would be a given with most Dads!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Happily go to court to protect my daughter, I’d say that would be a given with most Dads!
It was consensual sex. She didn’t need protection. I get what your saying, but this is different.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was consensual sex. She didn’t need protection. I get what your saying, but this is different.
Didn’t need protection? if the parents were ballsy enough to take action, both men could have been charged with sexual intercourse with a child between 16 and 18 under special care.

Meaning they were working at a school and engaged in sexual relations with a CHILD under 18!