Tuesday Treats: Jarrod McCracken

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Surprised not many people think this.

The other 3 were bad enough in defecting (staying) with the ARL but McCracken was a c*** of the highest order the way he went about it. Maybe Anderson had it in for him? But by all reports it was fair enough. Fuck the guy. Really. One of the lowest points in my life when those 4 defected, and the Kiwi c*** was at the centre of that well and truly.

Was this true about him refusing to play though? I remember going to a game that year against Parra at Parra stadium when Anderson sent into the dressing rooms for him to come on. What was the turning point with McCracken?
As I recall, Opes dropped all four Dogs defectors, but Pay, Dymock and Smith copped it on the chin and fought their way back into the first grade side and were a part of the title winning side. McCracken was such a sook and a cat that he said he’d rather sit out the rest of the year after he was dropped so Opes honoured his request and he was not part of the title winning team, which made it even sweeter.

Even better again, he was part of the ‘98 semi when we staged a massive comeback and humiliated the slimy Eels to make the GF (which we unfortunately lost to a red hot Ponies team in the second half mainly).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I recall, Opes dropped all four Dogs defectors, but Pay, Dymock and Smith copped it on the chin and fought their way back into the first grade side and were a part of the title winning side. McCracken was such a sook and a cat that he said he’d rather sit out the rest of the year after he was dropped so Opes honoured his request and he was not part of the title winning team, which made it even sweeter.

Even better again, he was part of the ‘98 semi when we staged a massive comeback and humiliated the slimy Eels to make the GF (which we unfortunately lost to a red hot Ponies team in the second half mainly).
Fav game to watch that semi. Polly masterclass. Love McCracken looking up from ground after he missed tackle on Relf only to watch Silva race away to score. Fuck him. And the other three tbh but at least they put in for the rest of the year

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fav game to watch that semi. Polly masterclass. Love McCracken looking up from ground after he missed tackle on Relf only to watch Silva race away to score. Fuck him. And the other three tbh but at least they put in for the rest of the year
Rewatching the highlights of this game again. Just to see that ****'s face.

Ray Warren "It's not impossible but it's bordering on a miracle."

Not a miracle. We call it Polly.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rewatching the highlights of this game again. Just to see that c***'s face.

Ray Warren "It's not impossible but it's bordering on a miracle."

Not a miracle. We call it Polly.
That Silva try is all on McCracken. Love it. On his knees and realising he missed the tackle

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prefer Ryan and Timu myself.
Blah. Not sure. OK. Hate McCracken so anyone is better than him but on his day he was terrifyingly good ... imo

Liked Timu, but a little inconsistent? Ryan was consistent but ...

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tough, aggressive, intimidating on his day, — but always seemed to play better for Kiwis than club, and got frequently towelled up when playing against Canberra and Brisbane.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I loved McCracken until he deserted us.

so now I prefer

Gary Connolly
John timu
Willie talau
Stephen Hughes

they are club legends who played in the centres who had a little class and X factor about them..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Loving the hate for McCracken, traitorous ****!!

Also loved when he was declared bankrupt in 2013 after his "30 million dollar property empire" collapsed.

Last I heard he was still in court as late as 2018.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough footy player, but a scumbag who got what he deserved from the Karma gods..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Loving the hate for McCracken, traitorous c***!!

Also loved when he was declared bankrupt in 2013 after his "30 million dollar property empire" collapsed.

You reap what you sow...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

wow $30 mill property portfolio ... that's some heavy investing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'm guessing that his property empire was the house of cards deal where each successive bit of property was paid for by the money borrowed with the last purchase as collateral. One month without a tenant in any property can bring the whole house of cards down. For a long time you saw the internet advertising 21yo's with a billion dollar property portfolio which was generally the same deal. The only people that really made big money from it were estate agents who earned a commission from every time someone had to sell off a house they could never afford to pay off without tenants.