News Footy is back on May 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the health minister etc has no say. :tearsofjoy:
Considering what he did with the Ruby Princess I’m glad he doesn’t. It’s pretty clear they did speak to the government though.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Considering what he did with the Ruby Princess I’m glad he doesn’t.
It wasnt him personally.

It was someone from NSW health, though it was his department.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally I don't bother responding to your posts, but I'll make an exception in this case. I don't think you understand the basics, firstly NRL players, coaches, support and other staff won't be associating with the genpop. They will basically compromise a "family unit", that has no one with the virus in it and does not come into contact with anyone else with the virus. They will ge isolated into their "family unit" 2 weeks before there season restarts and be fully tested multiple times a day, including bloods for the foreseeable future (ie; the duration of the season). They dwn't ride on buses, trains, trams or other other form of "public transport" including no commercial flights, only private charters, no clubbing, restaurants, bars etc. Hence their location is irrelevant because they won't be associating with anyone outside their "family unit".

Go Dogs
Is that part of the plan? How will it be enforced?
These guys are still in gen pop and aren't quarantined, still go to the beach, fuck tinder bitches (hopefully not school ones) and I reckon some will sneak off to their favourite cafe once in a while.

Just saying it can happen l.
A test every two days could help. I didn't think the testing kits will be available in that way.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Considering what he did with the Ruby Princess I’m glad he doesn’t. It’s pretty clear they did speak to the government though.
No doubt there was a cock up there with protocols etc but looks likely the RP provided false info at best or downright lied at worst. Either way it made the problem far worse than it should’ve. Hopefully the lessons have truly been applied - it seems so based on the handling of other cruise liners since.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt there was a cock up there with protocols etc but looks likely the RP provided false info at best or downright lied at worst. Either way it made the problem far worse than it should’ve. Hopefully the lessons have truly been applied - it seems so based on the handling of other cruise liners since.
The entire thing has been a debacle ever since it docked into Sydney
Our different government agencies have just denied any responsibilities at all which is not hard to believe.
She has appointed Mick Fuller to unearth the real culprit
I don’t think anyone will ever be held accountable at the end,the usual quotes of blah blah
They are only interested in protecting their personal wealth and lucrative retirement packages

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our different government agencies have just denied any responsibilities at all which is not hard to believe.
I don’t think anyone will ever be held accountable at the end,the usual quotes of blah blah
They are only interested in protecting their personal wealth and lucrative retirement packages
I’d love to see Mick Fuller show his worth and charges laid but I’m not holding my breath. It might have been a mistake in some respects but it started with false information somewhere.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the nrl will implode soon ,they seem to be pretty good at shooting themselves in the foot.the more they dig their grave the more dirt will be seen

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...countable-for-cruise-ship-coronavirus-debacle

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who does the nrl think it is. The only reason there pushing so hard is simple. The games broke. Deserves themselves right. If they had money for a rainy day they wouldn’t care less. How can they have no money in the bank. These players, officials are no different to any other worker who’s been put out of work.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to see Mick Fuller show his worth and charges laid but I’m not holding my breath. It might have been a mistake in some respects but it started with false information somewhere.
I can’t see anyone facing charges on this matter,
Just a whole lot of recommendations and a change in future policies which has obviously already come into play.
All these government ministers and public servants are just waiting for the gravy train to come past one day.
Let’s hope no more unnecessary incidents and we recover as a nation.
It’s a tough time for all concerned.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Next door neighbor is a keen footy fan but even he thinks that the NRL are crazy. Most have well and truly lost interest in the game and a competition starting later and not encompassing the full remaining rounds is not what is wanted. How can the competition be a fair one and of course don't forget the NRL STILL want to have the Origin series.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
cant they just take a back road away from the east coast? You can see back entrances on Google maps.

I have it on good authority that not every road is closed off back there, especially inland. Just may take an hour and a bit longer to pull off.
And don't you think, we will notice the players are in NSW. :tearsofjoy:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who does the nrl think it is. The only reason there pushing so hard is simple. The games broke. Deserves themselves right. If they had money for a rainy day they wouldn’t care less. How can they have no money in the bank. These players, officials are no different to any other worker who’s been put out of work.
What about all the teachers still going to school, all the construction workers, all the people still catching public transport, trains to work, people really need to shut the fuck up already, the nrl has every right to continue under the current guidelines

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This seems ridiculous as I know people are crossing the border even now. A guy I know lives in QLD and just drove his van to NSW to pick his kids up... No issues at all.
Hopefully if true they catch up with him & he ends up in jail.

The borders are shut for a reason & arseholes are breaking the law.

QLD are dobbers ATM, so hopefully someone dobs him in.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about all the teachers still going to school, all the construction workers, all the people still catching public transport, trains to work, people really need to shut the fuck up already, the nrl has every right to continue under the current guidelines
The nrl is not competent to pull it of ,they would need to start a cornavirus welfare board, a dealing with the corona virus welfare board, assistant director comitee into cheer leaders welfare board .
By the time they create another 400 meaningless jobs it will be 2021 kick off and hopefully super league 2 will organised and ready to go

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling we will need to wait for 2021 before we see a kickoff of any type...

Status
Not open for further replies.