Toilet paper f***wits

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found a few 8 packs on the shelf last week, people are waking up to it will never run out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone seen those "care packages" woolies are selling for 80 bucks? Designed for the elderly and disabled.

People have been saying they are worth between 25-30 bucks.

Plus all the shops have marked up EVERYRHING in the shops because they know the sheep will hoard.

Jews gonna Jew I guess, fuck people there is money to be made. Plus the government doesn't give a fuck because they will get more tax of of them.

I just hope everyone remembers how these money hungry pieces of shit treated us.
They're absolute scumbags. I noticed that paper towels have gone from around $3 for a pack of 2 to $8.

The big problem these days is that Cole's and Woolies came pretty close to monopolies on the grocery supply racket. They are big enough to undercut small rivals until they can't compete for customers and once those small businesses are gone they bump up prices. And the fact that wages have largely been frozen for low income earners for years (aka the bulk of the population) means that the bulk of people will forego supporting small grocery stores if it means they can save $10-$15 on a shopping trip.

So Cole's and Woolies didn't just begin bending us over and going in dry, it's been a long term operation.

Yeah turned out alright. I've made pasta from scratch before as i said it just fiddly and time consuming. I just really felt like Bolognese so i bit the bullet lol.
I have only seen pasta of any kind on the shelves this month. But making my own would be an issue because other bastards are hoarding the flower and stuff. Also I'm too lazy to make pasta for what is usually an easy meal option.

yeah cool, I've made like sauces and other stuff before, but try to stay clear of the fiddly stuff, have no patience for that :laughing:
I worked at a tomato farm for a while, so I used to bring home between 2-10kg of tomatoes per week for free. I used to make some really great sauces with them as well as providing a few of my neighbours and family with free tomatoes. Bolognaise sauce from fresh tomato and home grown herbs was delicious. As well as simple pasta sauces with bacon and mushrooms. I haven't bought a tomato since leaving the job though, so I miss the meals I used to concoct back then.

A

Alexander the Great

I have have a few packets if you need i can send them to your po box if you need?

Might bless it with holy water
all you pasta hoarders can get fucked, I haven't had proper pasta for 3 weeks ffs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're absolute scumbags. I noticed that paper towels have gone from around $3 for a pack of 2 to $8.

The big problem these days is that Cole's and Woolies came pretty close to monopolies on the grocery supply racket. They are big enough to undercut small rivals until they can't compete for customers and once those small businesses are gone they bump up prices. And the fact that wages have largely been frozen for low income earners for years (aka the bulk of the population) means that the bulk of people will forego supporting small grocery stores if it means they can save $10-$15 on a shopping trip.

So Cole's and Woolies didn't just begin bending us over and going in dry, it's been a long term operation.

I have only seen pasta of any kind on the shelves this month. But making my own would be an issue because other bastards are hoarding the flower and stuff. Also I'm too lazy to make pasta for what is usually an easy meal option.

I worked at a tomato farm for a while, so I used to bring home between 2-10kg of tomatoes per week for free. I used to make some really great sauces with them as well as providing a few of my neighbours and family with free tomatoes. Bolognaise sauce from fresh tomato and home grown herbs was delicious. As well as simple pasta sauces with bacon and mushrooms. I haven't bought a tomato since leaving the job though, so I miss the meals I used to concoct back then.

it would be good if people could make more conscious efforts (myself included) to shop more at local stores and farmers markets because it will be a sad day when those things are gone.. think I'll start by buying more than just chilis when I go to the markets lol

that's a decent score! neighbours must have been cheering... I was more into dressings and stuff myself.. Ranch Dressings, Lime/Avocado, etc.. I always thought of making up batches of pasta sauces but never got around to it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it would be good if people could make more conscious efforts (myself included) to shop more at local stores and farmers markets because it will be a sad day when those things are gone.. think I'll start by buying more than just chilis when I go to the markets lol

that's a decent score! neighbours must have been cheering... I was more into dressings and stuff myself.. Ranch Dressings, Lime/Avocado, etc.. I always thought of making up batches of pasta sauces but never got around to it
One of those neighbours was an 85yo lady. She gave me a good laugh when I left the job and told me it was going to cost me a fortune buying her a few kg of tomatoes per week now I wasn't getting them for free.

But it is sad that so many smaller businesses are facing less traffic compared to the large corporations. Not only for consumers, but they do employ a lot of people too.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Toilet paper is still so hard to get. It would seem that speaking to others who have also had difficulty in getting it, it must be the same people over and over again who are draining the shelves. Does not matter when you go in to the store the shelves are bare. Now that customers too are being channeled into stores in small numbers to conform to social distancing shopping which is supposed to be quick takes ages.

Why can't they do a system whereby if you go in and you can't get paper, you can pay for it, one pack that you are allowed, get a rain check coupon and then you can only get the paper upon presenting it the next day . Not perfect I know but could at least share it around. One thing noticed is that there are no shelf tags with prices either so even if you do snag a pack you could be paying dearly for it..no 1/2 price specials at the moment.

I know full well that Woolies here is getting paper daily as my neighbours son works for them. he is not allowed to buy anything other than the allotted amount as well and by the time the customers have come through the door and made a beeline for the toilet paper no chance. He is not allowed to get any until the store opens and of course then he is working and gets swamped by the crazy hordes.

It is just getting plain crazy that you can't buy for love or money flour of any type, tin veges ( except for the Asian ones ), vitamin C . Heaven help us when it becomes a case of the food stuffs actually really being in so short supply that stampedes will be common place.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we all could shed a roll of toilet paper each we could get Howard moon a decent collection.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we all could shed a roll of toilet paper each we could get Howard moon a decent collection.

All those posts boasting and gloating about how you've hoarded it all, you'd have enough to supply the entire kennel

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still got plenty left even before my purchase this morning, but thanks for the thoughts, Boost

You and the other hoarders will be feeling quite silly when you go to the supermarket next :laughing:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
20200318115519-500x500.jpg
Hand Sanitiser, was that stuff really expensive before the outbreak or is the price being jacked up. Seen a bottle today of Scotts Hand Sanitiser 450ml at the supermarket for $30.

I don't have hand sanitizser at home but I use it at work so I'm not up to date on what the cost price should be. Is this normal pricing?

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 14435 Hand Sanitiser, was that stuff really expensive before the outbreak or is the price being jacked up. Seen a bottle today of Scotts Hand Sanitiser 450ml at the supermarket for $30.

I don't have hand sanitizser at home but I use it at work so I'm not up to date on what the cost price should be. Is this normal pricing?
Same thing I got but was $26 from the Asian shop.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep bought the exact same brand for $30 at a small convenience store in Baulkham Hills

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 14435 Hand Sanitiser, was that stuff really expensive before the outbreak or is the price being jacked up. Seen a bottle today of Scotts Hand Sanitiser 450ml at the supermarket for $30.

Not even close to the price it was before hand
I had no idea but the wife says were paying double even triple to what it was before

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I’ve seen places try selling these same ones for $50

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Soon there will be that much toilet paper around supermarkets will have a price war to get rid off stock