Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our round 3 side under Pay, 99% certain.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Britt
13. Elliott

14. Smith
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Holland
God help us !

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What is happening with the staff? Will they be put back on
Don't think they're that far down the line yet.
Wayne Pearce said today they're still finalising the revised draw and other items with the relevant State Governments and that 'it's 7 weeks away and plans could change'.
So I reckon once things are locked in the footy club staff then come back to work.
Seems a bit premature for them to come back now given social distancing and no absolute guarantee it's going to start 28 May?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Truth be told mate. I do find many of Nasheed's posts funny. The key is not taking them too seriously and realising they're really just all tongue in cheek. That's how I get through it though ;)
To each their own TD :-).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is pay still coach?

If he gets re hired 100% certain Lewis is training at halfback for the first game
Would have been good for Titans to fold first and get the man on board who should be coaching us.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think they're that far down the line yet.
Wayne Pearce said today they're still finalising the revised draw and other items with the relevant State Governments and that 'it's 7 weeks away and plans could change'.
So I reckon once things are locked in the footy club staff then come back to work.
Seems a bit premature for them to come back now given social distancing and no absolute guarantee it's going to start 28 May?
Agreed, I hope this isn’t a half baked shit show, I’m shocked (but not really) that Channel 9 weren’t brought into the discussions re:broadcasting earlier. I absolutely would’ve had a CH9 exec on that innovation panel to a. Show that the NRL we’re aligned with the broadcasters and b. For the CH9 executive to give input into the structure and whether it could work.

I’d say they’re scrambling right now to get someone onboard, clearly they’re unhappy with TG, he’ll be a casualty of this no doubt...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty socially irresponsible of them to announce this right on the eve of the Easter long weekend. People are already getting complacent and planning sneaky family get togethers over Easter and headlines like this help to reinforce that behavior.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will not be possible and here is why.
A big sticking point was players being away from there families for a few months and the impact it has on mental health.
Now they are saying players can go home to there families after games, training etc.
Well, unless the families are quarantined from the public, how will this be allowed?
Player X goes home after training to his family. That day, his wife had been shopping and got the virus.
Players wife gives it to her husband (player X).
Player X then goes to training and spreads it.
Unless every player and staff gets tested every single day how will this be allowed?
It literally goes against what the government is forcing us to do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed, I hope this isn’t a half baked shit show, I’m shocked (but not really) that Channel 9 weren’t brought into the discussions re:broadcasting earlier. I absolutely would’ve had a CH9 exec on that innovation panel to a. Show that the NRL we’re aligned with the broadcasters and b. For the CH9 executive to give input into the structure and whether it could work.

I’d say they’re scrambling right now to get someone onboard, clearly they’re unhappy with TG, he’ll be a casualty of this no doubt...
Certainly does seem odd the broadcasters weren't in the huddle assuming those claims are true.
Maybe there were leaks before today's planned announcement of intent - who knows - just doesn't seem possible they could be so incompetent to not involve the broadcasters in their plans.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To each their own TD :-).
Mate ... come on. Lamb at hooker. That's fucking GOLD :grinning: :grinning: hahaha

Get why Nasheed annoys posters on here, but I honestly think once you see it's just a geeup then you can see the humour (even though it's quite a small amount) in what he says ;)

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly does seem odd the broadcasters weren't in the huddle assuming those claims are true.
Maybe there were leaks before today's planned announcement of intent - who knows - just doesn't seem possible they could be so incompetent to not involve the broadcasters in their plans.
I think the NRL has been run poorly for some time and not surprised at all that channel nine was not included in discussions
Calling them incompetent is very generous to be honest
Why is there no explanation or accountability regarding the millions which have been squandered
The only thing confirmed is how many more staff have been employed at Moore park on very good contracts in recent times
Fans and power brokers deserve a bit of transparency.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think the NRL has been run poorly for some time and not surprised at all that channel nine was not included in discussions
Calling them incompetent is very generous to be honest
Why is there no explanation or accountability regarding the millions which have been squandered
The only thing confirmed is how many more staff have been employed at Moore park on very good contracts in recent times
Fans and power brokers deserve a bit of transparency.
I agree that when exposed they had no rainy day fund is very poor management.
Any business running on ~5% profit with revenues in excess of $500m shows the costs are far too high.
Likely there were some gravy trains in Moore Park - but that's all come to a shuddering halt.
Hard to measure the transparency piece though - are club members considered shareholders? Those who pay for Fox/Kayo just for the footy?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate ... come on. Lamb at hooker. That's fucking GOLD :grinning: :grinning: hahaha

Get why Nasheed annoys posters on here, but I honestly think once you see it's just a geeup then you can see the humour (even though it's quite a small amount) in what he says ;)
He doesn't annoy me mate - because that's clearly his aim.
Just there's plenty of quality posts to read and well, we don't need the effluent in the middle.
All good though :-).

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do either but you can’t compare the EPL or NBA to the NRL on this one because the countries infection rates vary greatly. Australia’s numbers aren’t even a drop in the ocean compared to England and USA.

Appreciate your opinion.

but how and why are our infection rates a drop in the ocean? I’d like to think because we acted quicker than Italy and USA.

it’ll enrage me if this became ruby princess 2. We’ve done so well this far, I don’t want anything to compromise it.

You may be right but it’s just not worth it. This is peoples lives we’re playing with... let’s just be conservative and let it ride out a bit.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The nrl are dreaming the season is over there nothing but a hunger money grubby organisation , that only care about themselves

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very generous Chimpy. Satire can actually be clever.
But since his mod mate is protecting him, the entire forum has to suffer the effluent.
Mate you can stop with the accusation, no one is protecting anyone. Everyone is equal. If you have an issue with another user report it if they have broke the forum rules. Other than that I would encourage you to ignore whoever it is you don’t like and quit baiting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your opinion.

but how and why are our infection rates a drop in the ocean? I’d like to think because we acted quicker than Italy and USA.

it’ll enrage me if this became ruby princess 2. We’ve done so well this far, I don’t want anything to compromise it.

You may be right but it’s just not worth it. This is peoples lives we’re playing with... let’s just be conservative and let it ride out a bit.
The Ruby Princess was a boat load of people that had already had the virus spreading in a confined space that got released into the community before social distancing was in place. It’s the longest bow to draw in history to compare it to the NRL starting the comp again in seven weeks time.

The infection rate when they stopped the comp was over 20% and it’s just over 1% currently so if people continue to do the right thing imagine what it would be like in 7 weeks. They are taking the right precautions and if things turn bad I’m sure they won’t start back up.

Construction sites are in full swing and many other places of business are still running. The NRL are going to use very similar protocols as horse racing have been and they haven’t had any problems so far.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that when exposed they had no rainy day fund is very poor management.
Any business running on ~5% profit with revenues in excess of $500m shows the costs are far too high.
Likely there were some gravy trains in Moore Park - but that's all come to a shuddering halt.
Hard to measure the transparency piece though - are club members considered shareholders? Those who pay for Fox/Kayo just for the footy?
It’s just very disappointing to think that this great game is barely surviving even after receiving fairly lucrative contracts in recent times from broadcasting corporations
How did Todd remain at the helm for all these years when things were really not that good in general.
No wonder the knifes are out for him big time.I have a lot more faith in P.V
I used to watch NRL 360 and understand why repeated requests for management to appear and explain some facts & figures fell on deaf ears.
Anyway let’s hope we see our season resume in some form or another.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect money is behind this. Ch.9 and Fox obviously want their money back, but the NRL has spent everything it had.

If a player or official gets a serious dose of the virus, and someone involved in the game succumbs to it - this will set the NRL back on its heels; and there will be no excuses.
This is some serious karma. By taking the game away from the fan and the local park only to appease its broadcast paymasters, NRL head office made itself both slave and privy to the whims of an electronic overlord. THAT'S the reason it's back on the park. It can't afford not to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.