News Footy is back on May 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Curious on structure and if they are doing the island idea?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The thang be,
Coronavirus will still very much be around in May, so what's the plan exactly?
May as well just go back next week.

mid we want to squash the bug, we need to restrict to August.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who's our next game against? Will be interesting seeing how they do raining etc. Anyone got further details?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
13 more rounds of footy. Each team plays each other once as they will include the first 2 rounds.

Origin to stay mid-season which is a bad idea IMYO.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right move medically...

how can you maintain social distancing in this game?

And how is it that global multi billion dollar sports such as nba or epl not be playing right now, and our bush league (in comparison) sports comp discover a way to continue?

something smells fishy. I just don’t believe these guys have the players best interests at heart.

let’s hope they’re all tested before they get on the field and no spectators are allowed... they say some soccer match in Italy was a biological corona disaster.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And how is it that global multi billion dollar sports such as nba or epl not be playing right now, and our bush league (in comparison) sports comp discover a way to continue?

something smells fishy. I just don’t believe these guys have the players best interests at heart.

let’s hope they’re all tested before they get on the field and no spectators are allowed... they say some soccer match in Italy was a biological corona disaster.
I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do either but you can’t compare the EPL or NBA to the NRL on this one because the countries infection rates vary greatly. Australia’s numbers aren’t even a drop in the ocean compared to England and USA.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our round 3 side under Pay, 99% certain.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Britt
13. Elliott

14. Smith
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Holland

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The thang be,
Coronavirus will still very much be around in May, so what's the plan exactly?
May as well just go back next week.

mid we want to squash the bug, we need to restrict to August.
Estonian Puppy Dog M.D. hath spoken!
But - er, since 48 hours ago you were promoting a fake letter from a US hospital showing vodka kills COVID-19 - maybe we'll just leave your medical advice right here :-).

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need sport back in our lives. I sat there last night on Fox Sports watching fucking virtual V8 Supercars racing and that excited me ffs!

I just want my footy back. Even losing weekly is better than this.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I suspect money is behind this. Ch.9 and Fox obviously want their money back, but the NRL has spent everything it had.

If a player or official gets a serious dose of the virus, and someone involved in the game succumbs to it - this will set the NRL back on its heels; and there will be no excuses.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Estonian Puppy Dog M.D. hath spoken!
But - er, since 48 hours ago you were promoting a fake letter from a US hospital showing vodka kills COVID-19 - maybe we'll just leave your medical advice right here :-).
Just add it to unfunny "satire"

Like all of his posts

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will need to tread very carefully here. We have not even hit our peak infection time and although the social distancing and semi lockdown are being successful in flattening the curve schools out for Winter today and best of luck to keeping all those teenagers inside. Even as far back as a week and a half ago children who had been withheld from school were out and about and wandering the streets in their little groups. Let's hope that if this does happen now that the Police can be effective in ensuring things don't get out of hand.

I had to take daughter into work this arvo and the car park in the local shopping centre was packed to the rafters and postings on social media show a similar situation day in day out. Honestly it is not difficult to withhold oneself from a trip to the market every damn day. For every person who ventures out when not really necessary, there is one more chance to contract the virus and pass it on to those at home. We will not be out of the woods until there is practically zero interaction for a period of 14 days at least.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our round 3 side under Pay, 99% certain.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Britt
13. Elliott

14. Smith
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Holland
Is pay still coach?

If he gets re hired 100% certain Lewis is training at halfback for the first game

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just add it to unfunny "satire"

Like all of his posts
Very generous Chimpy. Satire can actually be clever.
But since his mod mate is protecting him, the entire forum has to suffer the effluent.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very generous Chimpy. Satire can actually be clever.
But since his mod mate is protecting him, the entire forum has to suffer the effluent.
Truth be told mate. I do find many of Nasheed's posts funny. The key is not taking them too seriously and realising they're really just all tongue in cheek. That's how I get through it though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.