Fox League: 20 players of the NRL era continue with our pick of 10 to 6. Who will be in the top 5 ⁉️

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Surprised to see Thurston outside the top 5.
Even Fittler, whom I never rated, I thought would be a notch or two higher.

lolo I would have put 11.
Buderus generous.

Who is left?
Johns will be 1 obviously,
Guessing Hayne, Inglis, Lockyer and Darius round out the other 4 ?

Kimmorley anywhere ?
Cam400 will be 1

completely forgot about the Hayne train but don't think he will be there - Billy, Cam, GI, Johns, Lockyer

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If it were me, Nasheed, with the players left.
1. Johns
2. Smith
3. Lockyer
4. Slater
5. Inglis

I would have had Thurston at 2. Inglis shouldn't be in the top 10 personally. He only came alive in the last ten minutes to look flash.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No mate he wouldn’t stand out with the five metre rule like the old days without that extra five metres he wouldn’t have enough wind up space to crack defences like he does now with the soft 10 metre rule, or did you conveniently forget that old rule?
Nope.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
For the record,
I usually get my analysis from Srivap, who's won SuperCoach and is a known sports bettor.

sometimes see him at his work and he shares his tips and Multis and deadset 4/5 will get up.

he posted this the other day of best players in the NRL era
8A575D37-4767-419F-BE40-EFA3E13811C9.png

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
North Queensland and their fans are so f'n cringe when it comes to anybody who doesn't believe JT is the GOAT.

image from cesspit Reddit

I agree though. Cronk is/was a great player, but on skillset and toughness JT is miles ahead IMO. Sure Cronk won a bunch of premiership, but he only every played in star studded teams. JT carried the teams he played in. His kicking game was bang on, and he kicked goals as well. Definitely top 5 IMO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually agree with you in this one. I think Taumalolo would have killed in in any era. 5m, 10m, whatever. The guy is a fucking powerhouse. He makes metres standing still FFS!!!
Exactly, he is a freak athlete and he continues to consistently perform and get better. How tough or soft you think the game is or used to be is irrelevant here, power is power and Taumalolo does stuff on the field that no one has matched.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree though. Cronk is/was a great player, but on skillset and toughness JT is miles ahead IMO. Sure Cronk won a bunch of premiership, but he only every played in star studded teams. JT carried the teams he played in. His kicking game was bang on, and he kicked goals as well. Definitely top 5 IMO.
Well when people think of JT they think of Origin, and his Origin success was in star studded teams.. North Queensland were a win away from a GF before he arrived so the whole theory about him carrying them is crap.. not to mention that the year they won the GF and the years surrounding it, they were stacked

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly, he is a freak athlete and he continues to consistently perform and get better. How tough or soft you think the game is or used to be is irrelevant here, power is power and Taumalolo does stuff on the field that no one has matched.
That's your guys opinions, but we will never know.. I mean I have seen him get whacked like once in his career, and that night he didn't offer a lot.. wonder how things would have panned out if he had defence coming after him week in week out, because he seems to get free rein in most games

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well when people think of JT they think of Origin, and his Origin success was in star studded teams.. North Queensland were a win away from a GF before he arrived so the whole theory about him carrying them is crap.. not to mention that the year they won the GF and the years surrounding it, they were stacked
No team in the last 20 year's has been stacked like the roosters and storm. Not even the Broncos. Sure, the cowboys had some great players, but not like these teams.
Cant honestly believe that your questioning how good JT and Taumalolo are.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No team in the last 20 year's has been stacked like the roosters and storm. Not even the Broncos. Sure, the cowboys had some great players, but not like these teams.
Cant honestly believe that your questioning how good JT and Taumalolo are.

I'm not questioning how good JT is, I know how good he is, and where Fox positioned him is about right.. if Cowboys were as crap without Thurston has some seem to suggest, they never would have made a GF without him.. maybe their players did not get the honours they deserved but Kyle Feldt for example would have played plenty of Origin if he played for Brisbane, along with many other's from that 2015 squad.. JT not even top 5 in that GF and the game was handed to him by Hunt

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be nice to see Benji Marshall get selected as an immortal. From a kiwis point of view anyway..!!

Don’t care who disagree, it’s my opinion not yours.!!

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be nice to see Benji Marshall get selected as an immortal. From a kiwis point of view anyway..!!

Don’t care who disagree, it’s my opinion not yours.!!
Cmon Scooby, that’s insane, Benji an immortal! Wouldn’t be top 10 kiwis of all time. You mean the same Benji who after 3 ordinary years at St George couldn’t find a club until Skeletor gave him a lifeline out of sympathy, and he struggled to hold a spot in the Broncos top 17. He’s got a decent highlight reel but he’s hardly been consistently outstanding throughout his career.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cmon Scooby, that’s insane, Benji an immortal! Wouldn’t be top 10 kiwis of all time. You mean the same Benji who after 3 ordinary years at St George couldn’t find a club until Skeletor gave him a lifeline out of sympathy, and he struggled to hold a spot in the Broncos top 17. He’s got a decent highlight reel but he’s hardly been consistently outstanding throughout his career.
I said from a kiwis point of view.. didn’t say he SHOULD be, but he’s definitely better than a lot on that list (again my opinion)

If you get voted for being humble and the fact you’ve been around for many years etc, and he is and was a quality player, the years at drags an broncos, true. I don’t know, I just have respect for him, nothing wrong with that is there??

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I said from a kiwis point of view.. didn’t say he SHOULD be, but he’s definitely better than a lot on that list (again my opinion)

If you get voted for being humble and the fact you’ve been around for many years etc, and he is and was a quality player, the years at drags an broncos, true. I don’t know, I just have respect for him, nothing wrong with that is there??
Not at all, I respect him too, decent player, longevity in the game and seems like a good guy. Just don’t rank him in the top echelon of players

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not at all, I respect him too, decent player, longevity in the game and seems like a good guy. Just don’t rank him in the top echelon of players
I get that, and respect your opinion , I guess I’ve just always had a smile ft spot for him as a person/player. And he’s a kiwi lol, guess that’s why I said what I did :tonguewink: and I stand by it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 4.49.07 pm.png

No surprises here, however GI is not top 5 for mine, I would have had Freddy or Cooper in front of him

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Johns is the GOAT.

How the fuck is Inglis ahead of Slater, Thurston and Cronk?

Lockyer is overrated.